HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 18, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,321 of 3,177
Like Alex said these are low pass filters and have little audible effect. The naming is a bit confusing, and without any info from HiBy they probably should have been left as hidden settings. I may have mentioned this in my review.

Yes it gets warm but not too hot. The copper frame is an excellent heatsink. Battery life is average, short by modern day standards, especially when playing hi-res files over balanced out with wifi on. But it's one of the compromises of a smaller DAP with a smaller battery.
Yeah, I was surprised that it got hot rather than warm.

Just to clarify, it’s warm when I touched the player with the case on. I took the case off and removed the sdcard and the copper surface was “hot”

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #1,322 of 3,177
Yeah, I was surprised that it got hot rather than warm.

Just to clarify, it’s warm when I touched the player with the case on. I took the case off and removed the sdcard and the copper surface was “hot”
Should be fine though, I don't suggest using any DAP without a case. The 4500mAh battery in the RS6 is definitely a limiting factor, but it seems they've squeezed about as much life out of it as they could. The R8 has a 10000mAh battery by comparison!

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #1,323 of 3,177
Should be fine though, I don't suggest using any DAP without a case. The 4500mAh battery in the RS6 is definitely a limiting factor, but it seems they've squeezed about as much life out of it as they could. The R8 has a 10000mAh battery by comparison!
I see. That’s quite a bit smaller than N6ii

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,324 of 3,177
My N6ii Ti goes around 7-8 hrs 20-85% on mixed lossless and hi res Qobuz UAPP streaming.
Max charge to full drain I never did but I think I clocked 11.5 hrs full charge down to 5% playing lossless flac on 4.4 balanced when it was new.
It gets less with more hi-res use, of course. Thats with a 5900mAh battery.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that info. How do you like N6ii’s sound?

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,325 of 3,177
So I have a worrisome problem with my RS6... I just played it for a hour it was around 30% charge so when I stopped listening set it to charge.
Out of habit click on power to check that it's charging...nothing.

Tried to stay 10 seconds on power several times. Nothing.
Put my ear against the RS6 when charging there is a humming noise so something is happening.
But led is not ON :frowning2:

Tried several chargers, cables...

Didn't check if there is a button combo to reset, don't remember from my R8 days... I'll check.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,326 of 3,177
So I have a worrisome problem with my RS6... I just played it for a hour it was around 30% charge so when I stopped listening set it to charge.
Out of habit click on power to check that it's charging...nothing.

Tried to stay 10 seconds on power several times. Nothing.
Put my ear against the RS6 when charging there is a humming noise so something is happening.
But led is not ON :frowning2:

Tried several chargers, cables...

Didn't check if there is a button combo to reset, don't remember from my R8 days... I'll check.
Hold down the power button and then top button (together) for 15-20 seconds.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,327 of 3,177
I think there is a bit of a confusion because many expected these RS6 Darwin controller Low-Pass Antialiasing filters to behave the same as Digital built-in filters found in a traditional delta sigma DACs from AKM, ESS, CS. In those, you can hear the difference, still subtle but more audible. Here, I'm not so sure. I don't hear the difference between these RS6 filters or iem presets. But I have spoken with Hiby and they measured the difference in a waveform when applying these antialiasing filters.

But either way, if you want to do soundshaping, use MSEB or download any 3rd part app like UAPP or Neutron to tweak the sound :)
Hardly sound shaping. Antialiasing filters are not an added sound shaping circuit. It's a required element in the digital chain They measure what many consider inaudible in a normal person's range and does not add an addition circuit, buffers nor alters the bits. I find that correlation odd coming from you.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,328 of 3,177
Hold down the power button and then top button (together) for 15-20 seconds.
30 seconds doesn't work...

Factory reset (power+ volume) doesn't work either... :sweat:

Don't get it, never happened to me ever with any DAP and I have owned quite a few... it wasn't hot, nothing special about the sequence using the same charger etc...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,329 of 3,177
30 seconds doesn't work...

Factory reset (power+ volume) doesn't work either... :sweat:

Don't get it, never happened to me ever... it wasn't hot, nothing special about the sequence using the same charger etc...
Leave it be for a little while, then use a different charger/wallplug. If it doesn't come right, RMA. Sorry to hear about it.

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #1,331 of 3,177
Leave it be for a little while, then use a different charger/wallplug. If it doesn't come right, RMA. Sorry to hear about it.

Thanks, I'll try this...

If nothing else works, run it dry and see what happens.

What do you mean by run it dry?

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #1,334 of 3,177
My huawei charger cant use on my rs6. Samsung charger i use no issue.

It's usb-c supporting QC 3.0 so any matching charger should work, don't know the specs of the Huawei charger you use...

Both power+the button below power hold for few sec.
Problem is, factory reset doesn't work...

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #1,335 of 3,177
1st time i try factory also cant get it try few time then get it.
Screenshot_20211118_221725.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back