HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 18, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #1,336 of 3,177
Hardly sound shaping. Antialiasing filters are not an added sound shaping circuit. It's a required element in the digital chain They measure what many consider inaudible in a normal person's range and does not add an addition circuit, buffers nor alters the bits. I find that correlation odd coming from you.

Why do you find it odd? Multiple people in this thread expressed their concern about not being able to hear sound changes when cycling through filters, expecting it to be similar to built in digital filters found in other DAPs. I confirmed in agreement with everybody else that changes are not audible and if you want to get into more noticeable soundshaping with audible changes, try MSEB. Sorry, you found it odd :p

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #1,338 of 3,177
Nov 18, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,341 of 3,177
Why do you find it odd? Multiple people in this thread expressed their concern about not being able to hear sound changes when cycling through filters, expecting it to be similar to built in digital filters found in other DAPs. I confirmed in agreement with everybody else that changes are not audible and if you want to get into more noticeable soundshaping with audible changes, try MSEB. Sorry, you found it odd :p
Just the correlation. I don't care if folks want to personally change the signal. Sort of the difference you get from MSEB or EQ vs a change the gain setting where lower gain tends to damp the bass more(likely more feedback). EQ and MSDEB physically alter the bits and add buffering/circuits (beyond keeping the symmetry in in proper upsampling) and the others do not. I didn't find the recommendation odd. Just the correlation.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #1,342 of 3,177
Last time i asked taobao hiby before is not recommended to listen and charge in the same time.The unit will get very hot.
I just NEVER do that, and indeed you shouldn't

I also always slow charge and use quick charge only when needed which is rarely.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #1,343 of 3,177
wer + previous button thank you so much bookmarking the URL a
I had similar issues with 3 different android dap but never with RS6 but i haven't use it that much, R5 sometimes freeze like you said and to reset it i had push main button with + button together for 20 sec

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #1,344 of 3,177
Is there a global parametric EQ that can be applied (that works for streaming services too) Similar to Qudelix or rme ADI ? I know there are some presets but I want to apply specific eq corrections to my headphones but I can't find any clear information on this

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,345 of 3,177
Is there a global parametric EQ that can be applied (that works for streaming services too) Similar to Qudelix or rme ADI ? I know there are some presets but I want to apply specific eq corrections to my headphones but I can't find any clear information on this
There's one or two basic choices on the Play Store, but I just use MSEB if I need to tweak something globally. Otherwise if you listen to Qobuz or Tidal you can use the EQ or PEQ in UAPP. Just remember you can't EQ MQA.

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #1,346 of 3,177
There's one or two basic choices on the Play Store, but I just use MSEB if I need to tweak something globally. Otherwise if you listen to Qobuz or Tidal you can use the EQ or PEQ in UAPP. Just remember you can't EQ MQA.
I use apple and YouTube music so i can't utilise uapp for that. hopefully mseb allows for some custom eq

Nov 19, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #1,347 of 3,177
I use apple and YouTube music so i can't utilise uapp for that. hopefully mseb allows for some custom eq

MSEB eq should be usable across most apps. I have been using it alongside Qobuz and is quite effective.

Nov 19, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #1,348 of 3,177
MSEB eq should be usable across most apps. I have been using it alongside Qobuz and is quite effective.
Does mseb show some frequency curves on what it does - for example with hd650 I want to add 50hz sub bass eq, and with one iem I want to decrease 5db with q5 at 12khz

Nov 19, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,350 of 3,177
Have ~75 hours of burn in now on my RS6. All of my iems and headphones are “mid-fi,” but so far the best pairing I have found is with my FiiO FH7’s. These have never sounded better than with the RS6 to my ears at least.

Like others have mentioned previously in this thread, I was surprised to find MQA sounds great with the RS6. I was predisposed to never like MQA because of all the controversy but damn it really does sound good on this DAP. YMMV of course, but I was relieved to read that others have had the same experience as what I found.

My only disappointments are that the Tidal native app does not allow me to log in, and that Roon still downsamples everything to 24 / 44.1. The latter is no fault of Hiby’s but it remains a frustration as I like to do most of my listening via Roon. I’m getting more used to UAPP though as a result.

To my non-golden hearing, the L&P W2 DOES provide similar enjoyment. It’s an apples vs. oranges comparison of course but imho the RS6 is not over $1,000 USD better than the W2. Is the RS6 better? Yes, but it is not a better value than the W2. Only you can be the true judge however.

Thanks to all for sharing your experience with the RS6 to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back