HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #2,491 of 3,177
Thanks, just tried the crossfeed and the padded wave files. The crossfeed one generated more stage depth and brought everything further from the scene and the padded one sounded a bit wonky and I have most of my files in 96kHZ so I prefer the sound without filter. :sweat_smile: I also noticed the "atmosphere enhanced" option reduces dynamic by quite a large extent.
The custom Darwin filterset is here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...-copper-chassis.958878/page-113#post-16715190

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,492 of 3,177
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #2,493 of 3,177
Hi Guys,

I received my RS6 yesterday.

Very good package and presentation, the included leather case and cables are nice but I prefer silicone case (ordered one on ebay). I messed up the preinstalled screen guard, thanks to Hiby for including addition screen guard in the box.

The leather case very tight and making the screen guard come off (bottom corners) , so I have not installed the other screen guard. I will install it once I receive the silicone case.

Great build quality and it got some weight to it, feels very good in hand.

The performance is better than my two year old Pixel phone without all the applications installed. I am not a big fan this volume wheel (too recessed for me) it has bit of lag and the track navigation buttons are very small for me. But, I will get used to them.

It's early but it sounds exactly how I imagined it would sound, like an R2R DAC. The sound is warm, organic, so smooth and natural. Some people may not like this kind of sound signature but I love it more than any DAP I have owned until now. It has enough power for HD6XX but for LCD2C I use EQ so it's not enough power.

I am planning to buy a portable AMP, anyone using one with RS6? Please let me know what AMP you are using with RS6.
Congrats and welcome to the club. Try the Cayin C9. Pricey but great synergy and very powerful.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #2,494 of 3,177
Congrats and welcome to the club. Try the Canyon C9. Pricey but great synergy and very powerful.
Thanks, and for your suggestion on RS6 too. My budget is exhausted and Cayin C9 is out of my league right now, I have bought too many things (Mojo 2, EF400, TA-26 and now RS6) in the past few months.

I heard good things about KAEI Tap 1s and Topping NX7, anyone paired them with RS6? I don't want to lose the warmth and smoothness of RS6, just want to amplify it for my headphones.

@DBaldock9
I see you have both RS6 and KAEI Tap 1, how is the pairing for portable use?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,495 of 3,177
Hi Guys,

I received my RS6 yesterday.

Very good package and presentation, the included leather case and cables are nice but I prefer silicone case (ordered one on ebay). I messed up the preinstalled screen guard, thanks to Hiby for including addition screen guard in the box.

The leather case very tight and making the screen guard come off (bottom corners) , so I have not installed the other screen guard. I will install it once I receive the silicone case.

Great build quality and it got some weight to it, feels very good in hand.

The performance is better than my two year old Pixel phone without all the applications installed. I am not a big fan this volume wheel (too recessed for me) it has bit of lag and the track navigation buttons are very small for me. But, I will get used to them.

It's early but it sounds exactly how I imagined it would sound, like an R2R DAC. The sound is warm, organic, so smooth and natural. Some people may not like this kind of sound signature but I love it more than any DAP I have owned until now. It has enough power for HD6XX but for LCD2C I use EQ so it's not enough power.

I am planning to buy a portable AMP, anyone using one with RS6? Please let me know what AMP you are using with RS6.
I used a liquid screen saver, works great and allows use of the handsome bundled leather case.

As for volume wheel, note that once you engage it there is an onscreen volume control which works well. Make sure screen display is on when you rotate the volume wheel or you won't see it. I am glad your 1st impressions of RS6 are favorable, I really enjoy mine as well, and getting better (brain burn-in?) in the months since purchase!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #2,496 of 3,177
Thanks, and for your suggestion on RS6 too. My budget is exhausted and Cayin C9 is out of my league right now, I have bought too many things (Mojo 2, EF400, TA-26 and now RS6) in the past few months.

I heard good things about KAEI Tap 1s and Topping NX7, anyone paired them with RS6? I don't want to lose the warmth and smoothness of RS6, just want to amplify it for my headphones.

@DBaldock9
I see you have both RS6 and KAEI Tap 1, how is the pairing for portable use?

I'm actually using my TAP-1S in desktop mode (with the AC power supply), as my main amp at home.

Just don't have a use case for carrying the DAP & amp around for portable listening.

Have got cables to connect the RS6 Balanced Line Out to the TAP-1S at home, and the S.M.S.L. sAp-9 at work.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #2,498 of 3,177
I'm still having issues with the RS6 in DAC mode - when in 44khz mode, it'll skip from time to time (few times per track).. looks like the latest FW updates haven't fixed this. This is same behaviour across different sources/usb cables

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #2,500 of 3,177
Hi @NEBULAKERS. FW 1.5 is not on HiBy site yet, will download when I return home from work. If you can please share your impressions of any changes in features / sound characteristics. Thanks!

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #2,501 of 3,177
Hi @NEBULAKERS. FW 1.5 is not on HiBy site yet, will download when I return home from work. If you can please share your impressions of any changes in features / sound characteristics. Thanks!
Hi just a quick impression here: sound wise I don’t hear any difference but my impression is slightly more detail, but that could be placebo 😀. On features actually a mixed bag, you can now choose different skins but the custom skin Color’s. An issue I noticed is that the custom presets no longer list 64 audio and others so a step back from that point of view. Also not sure why OTA offered this update whilst it’s not up on their website. Next time I should be more carefull when updating 😎.

Update: Customised presets for 64 audio have just appeared 🙃 strange but ok…

Update: Definitely I hear a significant improvement. Very happy with the sound now ( I was already 😀) 👍

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #2,502 of 3,177
I wanted to ask if anyone experience the same thing. On my RS6, apple music sounds harsh compared to Quboz. I'm not entirely sure why is that, so anyone else feel this?

I don't really notice this on N8ii, but different daps, tonality.

Aug 7, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #2,503 of 3,177
As soon as mines fully burned in I can, don’t really use my u12t much anymore since getting the evo and Odin but I’ll happily dig it out.
I know you sold RS6 meanwhile but any quick statements regarding pairing with EVO?

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #2,504 of 3,177
I wanted to ask if anyone experience the same thing. On my RS6, apple music sounds harsh compared to Quboz. I'm not entirely sure why is that, so anyone else feel this?

I don't really notice this on N8ii, but different daps, tonality.

Apple music does sound a little less hifi than Qobuz yes. RS6 is very revealing and direct which is why it might come across as more obvious vs delta sigma dac which kind of homogenizes most sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back