HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
May 15, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #2,281 of 3,164
Build quality… sad to see those complaints.

Mine is prestine and one of the best build quality I’ve seen to be honest.

Battery could be better , but that depends a lot on DSP/Darwin on/off, Gain level and other things. So I understand the battery life.

May 15, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #2,282 of 3,164
Hey Joe - Asked this a couple pages back but never got a reply. Any idea why people are getting about half the advertised battery life, and any tips for improving it?

I'm on the market for a DAP and love R2R, but 4-5 hours battery life simply won't work cut it for me.
I have not done exact measurements yet, but in any case it does not look like 4-5 hours. More like 7-7.5. A little later I will fix the exact battery life of this DAP.

May 15, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #2,285 of 3,164
Thanks for responding Joe. The bug is in the Hiby music app itself. I notice the bug on my Samsung phone just as bad as my RS6. Someone may want to take a look into it, it is easily reproduceable.
It's not a bug, it's a fact of life with digital audio. You need to create headroom for the bass boost by having a negative preamp level.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #2,286 of 3,164
It's not a bug, it's a fact of life with digital audio. You need to create headroom for the bass boost by having a negative preamp level.
Its a bug, I don't understand why you don't believe me. Is Hiby EQ different than every other music player's EQ? UAPP doesn't do it. I might not be an andio engineer but I know that moving the EQ slider up +3db at 31hz shouldn't cause crackling, period.

May 15, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #2,287 of 3,164
Its a bug, I don't understand why you don't believe me. Is Hiby EQ different than every other music player's EQ? UAPP doesn't do it. I might not be an andio engineer but I know that moving the EQ slider up +3db at 31hz shouldn't cause crackling, period.
The only reason it wouldn't crackle would be if they throw in a compressor / limiter for you or adjust the master volume up and the preamp down for you. Which are things I want to add to HiByMusic, but don't change the basic facts of the matter except as an illusion or a matter of convenience.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 15, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #2,288 of 3,164
The only reason it wouldn't crackle would be if they throw in a compressor / limiter for you or adjust the master volume up and the preamp down for you. Which are things I want to add to HiByMusic, but don't change the basic facts of the matter except as an illusion or a matter of convenience.
Its not about convenience to me its about a feature in a piece of software that I would use but can't because it has an issue. Fix it or don't whatever but I won't use your app.

Between power and audio buttons and knobs wearing out quickly and quirky software I'm now questioning my purchase.

May 16, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #2,289 of 3,164
Its not about convenience to me its about a feature in a piece of software that I would use but can't because it has an issue. Fix it or don't whatever but I won't use your app.

Between power and audio buttons and knobs wearing out quickly and quirky software I'm now questioning my purchase.
You literally just have to pull the preamp slider down if you want that boost. One touch of a finger.

May 16, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #2,290 of 3,164
So you'd rather have your music compressed, limited or even your command for increased bass to literally be completely ignored behind your back with high volume music (coz that's another "fix" given on other apps) rather than fix the basic issue by setting a negative preamp?

That's cool, use another app then.

May 16, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #2,291 of 3,164
Also to note that the RS6 runs hot, hotter than other daps I've owned. A temp app listed the temp at 156 Fahrenheit. Maybe that's normal but that seems high to me. Also, high heat will wear the battery down quicker.

May 16, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #2,292 of 3,164
Hey Joe - Asked this a couple pages back but never got a reply. Any idea why people are getting about half the advertised battery life, and any tips for improving it?

I'm on the market for a DAP and love R2R, but 4-5 hours battery life simply won't work cut it for me.

@Joe Bloggs - I have asked you these questions twice now and received no response from you. This is disappointing prospective customer service and makes me unlikely to consider a Hiby product.

May 16, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #2,293 of 3,164

While streaming (Wi-Fi on, Bluetooth off), using NOS mode, all other Darwin settings default or off, screen off most of the time, and listening to various earphones (IEMs) on the 4.4mm output - my RS6 battery level seems to drop ~9% - 10% per hour, which should provide 8 or 9 hours of use. Keeping the screen off is the key to lowering the battery usage.
If I put it in "Airplane" mode, and play the FLAC files from the memory card in the RS6, it uses less power.

May 16, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,294 of 3,164
@Joe Bloggs - I have asked you these questions twice now and received no response from you. This is disappointing prospective customer service and makes me unlikely to consider a Hiby product.
Really? That’s your takeaway from these pages? Do a search on Joe Bloggs posts on this topic and see how he has gone well and truly beyond the norm for customer service. *** the man even develops individual iem profiles for Darwin on request.
Your request on battery life has been responded to by a number of users who have outlined different user cases and a range of results. A number have put forward their own tweaks to extend battery life in their ussge cases. What could Joe add that would change these real world outcomes? No, really, what?

May 16, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #2,295 of 3,164
Really? That’s your takeaway from these pages? Do a search on Joe Bloggs posts on this topic and see how he has gone well and truly beyond the norm for customer service. *** the man even develops individual iem profiles for Darwin on request.
Your request on battery life has been responded to by a number of users who have outlined different user cases and a range of results. A number have put forward their own tweaks to extend battery life in their ussge cases. What could Joe add that would change these real world outcomes? No, really, what?

No, its my takeaway from my attempts to get clarification from Joe to which Joe hasn't responded. A potential answer might address the conditions under which the battery life estimate was conducted, his own experience and tips as a user and/or potential upcoming firmware tweaks that might improve battery life. These are just examples. The point is that as a representative of a brand, the professional obligation is to respond to a prospective customer query. You find representatives from other companies here responding to questions of all types, even those that are not flattering to their products. I find it exceedingly odd that you have chosen to defend poor service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back