HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 17, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #1,307 of 3,177
I did not understand ........... can you explain yourself better?
Thanks
More in line if there's something more specific to what kind of filter it is other than "Darwin 1, Darwin 2, Darwin 3, etc.

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,309 of 3,177
Folks said the same about the R6 but I find them rather apparent on that unit.

I think there is a bit of a confusion because many expected these RS6 Darwin controller Low-Pass Antialiasing filters to behave the same as Digital built-in filters found in a traditional delta sigma DACs from AKM, ESS, CS. In those, you can hear the difference, still subtle but more audible. Here, I'm not so sure. I don't hear the difference between these RS6 filters or iem presets. But I have spoken with Hiby and they measured the difference in a waveform when applying these antialiasing filters.

But either way, if you want to do soundshaping, use MSEB or download any 3rd part app like UAPP or Neutron to tweak the sound :)

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #1,310 of 3,177
I managed to try out the RS6 today at the dealer. Using screen brightness of 90% at medium gain vol=25, listening to a bunch of flacs on my sdcard inside the leather case, the unit did get quite hot at the end of a 35mins listening session, is that in line with everyone’s experience? Also, battery had drained from 99% to 81%. Cheers!

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #1,312 of 3,177
I managed to try out the RS6 today at the dealer. Using screen brightness of 90% at medium gain vol=25, listening to a bunch of flacs on my sdcard inside the leather case, the unit did get quite hot at the end of a 35mins listening session, is that in line with everyone’s experience? Also, battery had drained from 99% to 81%. Cheers!

Yes battery life isn't that great, especially when you're using balanced out

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #1,313 of 3,177
I like so much how the RS6 looks 😍
Insane are the options for tweaking the sound and with android 9 is what I looking for 🥰

I have the shanling m8 which I really love with this insane bass performance and stage . I was thinking selling it and buying the RS6 but I'm not sure about it .🤷

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #1,314 of 3,177
Yes battery life isn't that great, especially when you're using balanced out
Hopefully, will be improved over time through optimizations using FW updates.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #1,315 of 3,177
Me too for the moment the battery runs out very quickly.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,316 of 3,177
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #1,318 of 3,177
Sounds like there's more coming. Sure makes doing proper reviews difficult. It's the sort of thing that group should be made aware of.
Like Alex said these are low pass filters and have little audible effect. The naming is a bit confusing, and without any info from HiBy they probably should have been left as hidden settings. I may have mentioned this in my review.
Yes it gets warm but not too hot. The copper frame is an excellent heatsink. Battery life is average, short by modern day standards, especially when playing hi-res files over balanced out with wifi on. But it's one of the compromises of a smaller DAP with a smaller battery.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #1,320 of 3,177
i wonder how RS6’s battery life compares to Cayin N6ii-R01? Does r2r dac inherently consume more power compared to delta sigma dacs?
My N6ii Ti goes around 7-8 hrs 20-85% on mixed lossless and hi res Qobuz UAPP streaming.
Max charge to full drain I never did but I think I clocked 11.5 hrs full charge down to 5% playing lossless flac on 4.4 balanced when it was new.
It gets less with more hi-res use, of course. Thats with a 5900mAh battery.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back