HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Dec 9, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #2,686 of 3,177
@Joe Bloggs, noticed that there is a new plug-in for RS8, "Master Mind" as shown here on the thread. Any reason why it can't be made available for RS6 as well? I love my RS6 but do note it's been a bit quiet on the firmware and plugin front...hoping HiBy hasn't forget RS6 owners with all the attention given to the new flagship RS8. :pray::musical_score: :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #2,687 of 3,177
It happens on Apple computers too with apple music and different players. It's Hiby RS6 specific
Yes seems that way to me too. My RS8 is not having these USB DAC problems. And it happens on Windows 10 and 11.

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #2,688 of 3,177
Been taking the RS6 with me outside. It sounds great. It's lighter than my RS8 and SP2000 or my new 1ZM2. Love all of them

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #2,689 of 3,177
Been taking the RS6 with me outside. It sounds great. It's lighter than my RS8 and SP2000 or my new 1ZM2. Love all of them
yeh, I'm sure other higher-end DAPs may sound a little better or different anyway from the RS6, but for me RS6 is at the upper limit of what I would consider something I could fit in a pocket out and around for a walk or on my commute.

Plus which it pairs so amazingly well with my Andro2020, RS6 is a keeper for sure.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #2,690 of 3,177
yeh, I'm sure other higher-end DAPs may sound a little better or different anyway from the RS6, but for me RS6 is at the upper limit of what I would consider something I could fit in a pocket out and around for a walk or on my commute.

Plus which it pairs so amazingly well with my Andro2020, RS6 is a keeper for sure.
Yes, that is where I am at as well. I enjoy the variety of renditions I get from each of the different DAPs. Takes a lot less space and cost than buying many different DACs. The RS8, SP2000, and WM1ZM2 are so heavy and expensive that I would be concerned about dropping them. For casually going to the library or getting away from the family, the RS6 is very nice to have and I might travel with it, but most likely a simple ipod would be what I would do. I don't care if I forget it in a hotel room or loose it on a plane after falling asleep.
638FE224-34FF-4EF3-B3FD-2546D5EC85D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #2,691 of 3,177
It happens on Apple computers too with apple music and different players. It's Hiby RS6 specific
Happens less with Apple Music than Tidal for me - but it’s almost always if I have a web browser open - Mojo2

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #2,692 of 3,177
Do you guys also have the issue that very often Tidal native app is switching to MQA only after the first 2 seconds together with a short break?🙄

Dec 10, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #2,693 of 3,177
Yes, that is where I am at as well. I enjoy the variety of renditions I get from each of the different DAPs. Takes a lot less space and cost than buying many different DACs. The RS8, SP2000, and WM1ZM2 are so heavy and expensive that I would be concerned about dropping them. For casually going to the library or getting away from the family, the RS6 is very nice to have and I might travel with it, but most likely a simple ipod would be what I would do. I don't care if I forget it in a hotel room or loose it on a plane after falling asleep.638FE224-34FF-4EF3-B3FD-2546D5EC85D4.jpeg
Do those Ipods even still exist?
I used to love these.
My last one was some Ipod Nano with touch screen with really good SQ but only SE and custom music upload process

Dec 10, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #2,694 of 3,177
@Joe Bloggs @reactor are you also finding some issues with different sample rates?

Source File 96Khz > Plugin Fixed Sample rate: 44.1khz - audio stutters every second
Source File 96Khz > Plugin Fixed Sample rate: 48khz - no stutter
Source File 96Khz > Plugin Fixed Sample rate: 88.2khz - stutters every 2 seconds or so (a little less)
Source File 96Khz > Plugin Fixed Sample rate: 96khz - no stutter
Source File 96Khz > Plugin Fixed Sample rate: 192khz - no stutter

This is very frustrating for me as it means with majority of 96khz hi res tracks I can't utilise the fixed sample rate plugin with the convolution, as converting down to 44.1khz causes stutters and that sample rate is only one compatible with convolution.

A little more context: the above test was done with different music apps including official one, and is unrelated to apps or other factors from my side (also seems to coincide also with USB DAC mode and specific sample rates instability - which was communicated earlier in this forum from a number of users including myself).

Over the year I've communicated with Hiby about this giving them a lot of data to test/recreate - i was hoping by now we would have had a firmware fix or something as it doesn't seem to be specific to my device only (i hope!)
As of my last testing, I found that you could set the sample rate converter to convert multiples of 48kHz to 48kHz, or multiples of 44.1kHz to 44.1kHz. Either 44.1 or 48kHz, sent to the convolver, should work (with either 44.1 or 48kHz convolver files)--it handles 44.1<->48kHz conversion okay.

So, that lets you get around it--with the caveat that you need to change settings whenever you move from a multiple-of-44.1kHz file to a multiple-of-48kHz file.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 10, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #2,695 of 3,177
Do you guys also have the issue that very often Tidal native app is switching to MQA only after the first 2 seconds together with a short break?🙄
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086

This post explains the situation--it seems the issue will never be resolved as long as we are set on bit-perfect and MQA is set on upsampling everything. We can get around it on HiByMusic and UAPP by reading and trusting file metadata. But if that isn't done on the TIDAL app, something will have to give--and every player that does not have this stutter have apparently given up?

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 10, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,696 of 3,177
Do those Ipods even still exist?
I used to love these.
My last one was some Ipod Nano with touch screen with really good SQ but only SE and custom music upload process
I think last year maybe the last time they produced the iTouch the last of the ipods. I have the 5th gen, I think there was a 6th gen iTouch.
Nice thing is as long as I remember to erase the iTunes ID after using it, it has almost no useable personal info on it so forgetting it or getting it stolen (again) at the gym, plane, hotel, or restaurant isn't going to risk bank accounts etc and it is simple to use like they should be. Getting a modern Android phone also works, but I miss the headphone jack.

Dec 22, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #2,697 of 3,177
Hiby has upgraded the RS6 and offering an upgrade to the new model for a fee of 999 rmb, but this promotion is only open to mainland China.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223-055219_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223-055219_Google.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 22, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #2,698 of 3,177
Hiby has upgraded the RS6 and offering an upgrade to the new model for a fee of 999 rmb, but this promotion is only open to mainland China.
Any information about what's the difference of old and new model?

Dec 23, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #2,700 of 3,177
I am very happy with my RS6 and would consider an upgrade if available in the U.S., but in the interim some new firmware and / or plugins would be nice to see...seems like with the upgrade offer for China and the launch of RS8 it's a bit quiet for us original RS6 owner. Hopefully HiBy hasn't forgotten us. :pray: @Joe Bloggs any information on this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back