HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Aug 5, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #136 of 1,274
I’ve got 3 Sony daps that I love but want to try an alternative approach abd the 2 card slots would be great as my library is too big to fit on one. I have mailed Hiby asking about the track limit to the library as I have around 90.000 tracks in my full library
Hiby has just answered my e-mail. The library will be build into one library for both slots but there is a track limit of 50.000 tracks in the library however all tracks are accessable via folder view
Hi.

My library is on the NAS, and I don't mind keeping only part of it on a DAP, I have lists of the latest albums, my favorites by genre... etc, but if you support 4TB, setting such a small limit is a mistake. They will do it because they don't have to build a heavy database and they can't handle it in memory, but it's not realistic. My total library is almost 4.2TB and there are 190,000 songs, between MP3 and FLAC

Aug 5, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #137 of 1,274
Curious the sound comparison with RS6? Are they using the same quality R2R and amp?

Aug 6, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #138 of 1,274
$480 and only 10 hours of battery life? Solid pass for me.
I'd have maybe considered it if it had double the endurance, but 10h just isn't enough.
10h of battery life is very disappointing for me too. Too bad because this little RS2 interested me a lot.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #140 of 1,274
Well, to be fair, RS6 from my testing is a level above RU6. More neutral FR, much more resolving. And more depth in the soundstage. I am sold by the sound. But for me as a DAP, I want something lightweight and less heat. So I am waiting. But I think RS2 will be the one. Heard it uses the same DAC just the headphones amp part is slightly reduced, TBC

Aug 6, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #141 of 1,274
I wonder if there will be an RS5 featuring the class A amp of the R5g2?

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #143 of 1,274
Well, to be fair, RS6 from my testing is a level above RU6. More neutral FR, much more resolving. And more depth in the soundstage. I am sold by the sound. But for me as a DAP, I want something lightweight and less heat. So I am waiting. But I think RS2 will be the one. Heard it uses the same DAC just the headphones amp part is slightly reduced, TBC
I have the RU6 as well so I will provide a direct comparison once I get the new piece. Love the footprint of the RS2.

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #145 of 1,274
I don't understand the file limitation in 2022!
I suspect it has to do with the (as I understand it) fairly low powered/performance cpu used and perhaps size of ram

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #146 of 1,274
I am little disappointed seeing its output voltage; don't think it will be able to drive planar iems properly at low volume. It looks like I have to look for other pure music dap like QLS QA361.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #147 of 1,274
I wonder if there will be an RS5 featuring the class A amp of the R5g2?
Class A draws an enormous amount of power rendering what normally lasts 30 hours to 7.

The efficiency of the 9219c dacs make the class A mode possible on the r5g2, if they made the rs2 class A, the battery might last 2-3 hours.

Aug 7, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #149 of 1,274
I am little disappointed seeing its output voltage; don't think it will be able to drive planar iems properly at low volume. It looks like I have to look for other pure music dap like QLS QA361.

Planar drivers need current to be driven well which is one reason the QLS (and Questyle) DAPs are known to handle planars better.

Similar to those and the RS6, the RS2 also has a current mode amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back