HiBy R8 User Impressions
Jan 12, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #2,101 of 3,161
Yes I have the A&K Kern Alpha and Sony 507 Which both have more WOW I was just surprised at the capabilities of the smartphone with DAC.

Aaa I see well R8 is on a higher level even those 2 daps you mentioned. I had zx507 before R8 and sold it after I got R8. So that tells you how good R8 is. R8 is very fast and solid dap.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #2,103 of 3,161
I am so surprised no one yet bought my R8, such new dap and yet no attention so sad.
Hiby did good work with the R8 just maybe bad timing? Ibasso arrived so suddenly right after by a month and I guess everyone is jumping on new toys 😅

How is R8 fan doing?

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #2,104 of 3,161
I am so surprised no one yet bought my R8, such new dap and yet no attention so sad.
Hiby did good work with the R8 just maybe bad timing? Ibasso arrived so suddenly right after by a month and I guess everyone is jumping on new toys 😅

How is R8 fan doing?
See my Private Message just sent to you.

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #2,105 of 3,161
Hey @arijitroy2 just curious as to what level of volume you‘re using when the R8 is paired with BX-2 plus?

Jan 14, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #2,107 of 3,161
I am mostly using high gain, and keep it at 9'O clock, but my volume level at R8 is max at 100.

Thanks bud. Yeah I meant R8's volume level sorry if it wasn't clear :relaxed:

Jan 14, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #2,109 of 3,161
No worries! Even Alex had done that, the preamp level on R8 seems a bit on the lower side!

Agree! I've read on the BX-2 thread that the amp doesn't color the sound and is very transparent. My experience so far is a bit different. It makes the R8 even more analog sounding and a tad warmer. Notes are fuller and note edges are rounder. When I switched back to R8 only, the note edges sound a bit rougher and not as controlled as with BX-2 (but of course far from harsh). And this is all in low gain since I'm only using IEMs at the moment.

This combo actually reminds me of 1Z with earlier firmwares but without the lower treble peak. But I think it will be difficult for me to go back to R8 alone as the sound of this combo is really really addictive. I can't wait to listen to Diana V2 with this combo. Hopefully it'll sound really really good!

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #2,110 of 3,161
Agree! I've read on the BX-2 thread that the amp doesn't color the sound and is very transparent. My experience so far is a bit different. It makes the R8 even more analog sounding and a tad warmer. Notes are fuller and note edges are rounder. When I switched back to R8 only, the note edges sound a bit rougher and not as controlled as with BX-2 (but of course far from harsh). And this is all in low gain since I'm only using IEMs at the moment.

This combo actually reminds me of 1Z with earlier firmwares but without the lower treble peak. But I think it will be difficult for me to go back to R8 alone as the sound of this combo is really really addictive. I can't wait to listen to Diana V2 with this combo. Hopefully it'll sound really really good!
If the Romi isnt as transparent then Mass Kobo which is hand made in Japan will be worse. More power can seem less transparent.

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,111 of 3,161

Oh you're getting Diana V2. Let me know how the combo sounds, I was getting V2 myself for this combo so very interested in your impressions!!

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #2,112 of 3,161
Oh you're getting Diana V2. Let me know how the combo sounds, I was getting V2 myself for this combo so very interested in your impressions!!

Yes I am. I’m really hoping it’s gonna arrive this Saturday. I’ve waited too long already :sweat_smile:

Jan 14, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #2,113 of 3,161
When a beast meets another beast :relaxed:

CDF27D46-A88A-4165-8468-49D7B90F68BC.jpeg

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #2,114 of 3,161
Jan 14, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #2,115 of 3,161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back