Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #3,721 of 4,000
Yes but if you stream another MQA track after the first one you shouldn't get the dropout on the second, third, fourth track etc. I agree, it's not ideal, but then neither is MQA :wink:

UPDATE - as @gLer and @Joe Bloggs said above, if you allow the player to transition automatically from one song to the next, the transitional pause doesn't occur, however, if you manually advance to the next track, the transitional pause does occur.

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #3,722 of 4,000
Question for one and all about the Bluetooth capabilities of this device.

Haven’t been a Bluetooth user until now. That is, I will start to use it soon.

Every time I go into the developer menu to change the codec to UAT, or LDAC, it automatically goes back to the system default when I enter into the development menu again.

Could someone tell me what I am missing to make it stay the Codec that I want it to stay?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #3,723 of 4,000
Question for one and all about the Bluetooth capabilities of this device.

Haven’t been a Bluetooth user until now. That is, I will start to use it soon.

Every time I go into the developer menu to change the codec to UAT, or LDAC, it automatically goes back to the system default when I enter into the development menu again.

Could someone tell me what I am missing to make it stay the Codec that I want it to stay?
@KarlAgathon Does your wireless device (Bluetooth dongle, IEMs, or headphones) support UAT or LDAC? The receiver must support it, or else the R6 Pro will revert to what the receiver supports.

FWIW, I just checked - my R6 Pro can connect to my FiiO BTR5 and stays on LDAC in Developer settings when exiting and re-entering Developer settings.

If you know your receiver supports LDAC and / or UAT, install and try out the HiBy Blue app.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #3,724 of 4,000
@KarlAgathon Does your wireless device (Bluetooth dongle, IEMs, or headphones) support UAT or LDAC? The receiver must support it, or else the R6 Pro will revert to what the receiver supports.

FWIW, I just checked - my R6 Pro can connect to my FiiO BTR5 and stays on LDAC in Developer settings when exiting and re-entering Developer settings.

If you know your receiver supports LDAC and / or UAT, install and try out the HiBy Blue app.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I confess that I’m a bit embarrassed now because I don’t own anything Bluetooth yet.

I was just merely testing out the settings in preparation. I don’t know a lot about Bluetooth because I’ve never really used it.

The R6 Pro Is the Bluetooth receiver correct? I’ve tried looking for BT Headphones that are UAT Capable, haven’t had much luck.

Dec 21, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #3,725 of 4,000
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 21, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,727 of 4,000
Thank you sir, Will definitely take a look. Any other suggestions? Even higher end?
Well these are the first IEMs to ever feature a fully digital phase-matched crossover between the low and high frequency drivers. If you knew what a terrible compromise analog crossovers have been on multi driver IEMs to date (hint: where do you put the huge inductors for a complete RLC network?), you would know that this is a breakthrough that should put the WH3 right up there at the top. And the digital crossover on the WH3 is digitally variable to boot, for different sound signatures.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 21, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #3,728 of 4,000
Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I confess that I’m a bit embarrassed now because I don’t own anything Bluetooth yet.

I was just merely testing out the settings in preparation. I don’t know a lot about Bluetooth because I’ve never really used it.

The R6 Pro Is the Bluetooth receiver correct? I’ve tried looking for BT Headphones that are UAT Capable, haven’t had much luck.
You know, I have never tried the R6 Pro as a receiver...! I will have to...

The typical use case is with the R6 Pro as the transmitter since it carries around your music or streams your music from the internet. The you use as a receiver something like a Bluetooth dongle (BTR5, Qudelix 5K, HiBy W3 or W5) which you connect your IEMs or Headphones to. Or transmit straight to true wireless IEMs, etc.

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3,729 of 4,000
PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME INPUT ON THIS ISSUE WITH MY R6 PRO(S).
I purchased a "like new" hiby r6 pro from musicteck a couple months ago. All was swell when after a month of use, the left channel for the unbalanced headphone jack cut out. It needed pressure in a certain orientation to function. Thinking the unit was faulty, I sent it back to musicteck, and they didn't send me a replacement unit until a month later. I get my new unit in the mail yesterday, and charge it overnight. Today I use the unit, all is well. I put it in my pocket and squat down to pick something off the floor and I crap YOU NOT this damn thing loses all sound in the left channel just like the first unit. Is this a design flaw or did I get incredibly unlucky with my units?? It seems like the jack is extremely sensitive to any kind of pressure, something I definitely want to avoid for my DAP as I carry it with me outside.

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #3,730 of 4,000
PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME INPUT ON THIS ISSUE WITH MY R6 PRO(S).
I purchased a "like new" hiby r6 pro from musicteck a couple months ago. All was swell when after a month of use, the left channel for the unbalanced headphone jack cut out. It needed pressure in a certain orientation to function. Thinking the unit was faulty, I sent it back to musicteck, and they didn't send me a replacement unit until a month later. I get my new unit in the mail yesterday, and charge it overnight. Today I use the unit, all is well. I put it in my pocket and squat down to pick something off the floor and I crap YOU NOT this damn thing loses all sound in the left channel just like the first unit. Is this a design flaw or did I get incredibly unlucky with my units?? It seems like the jack is extremely sensitive to any kind of pressure, something I definitely want to avoid for my DAP as I carry it with me outside.
Just a thought - have you checked your cable connector?

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #3,732 of 4,000
Referring to the iems I plug into the device? They work fine on other devices and multiple iems do not work on the r6.
My R6 Pro hasn’t done anything like that (although mine is Aluminum, not Stainless). Apologies for the question but, you are plugging into the headphone jack, not the LO/Coax jack, correct?

I did have such a problem w/ the 2.5mm balanced jack on my first Cowon Plenue 2. But they’re ‘known’ to be more delicate than 3.5mm jacks.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #3,733 of 4,000
My R6 Pro hasn’t done anything like that (although mine is Aluminum, not Stainless). Apologies for the question but, you are plugging into the headphone jack, not the LO/Coax jack, correct?

I did have such a problem w/ the 2.5mm balanced jack on my first Cowon Plenue 2. But they’re ‘known’ to be more delicate than 3.5mm jacks.
It was the 3.5mm headphone jack, and both units failed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back