Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 26, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #3,556 of 4,000
Is there any fix / better driver for the skipping issue with the R6 as DAC on Windows 10?
It's driving me mad. When playing music in foobar it skips randomly every 1 minute or so. When playing short audio clips (for example reviewing cards in Anki which each plays their own .mp3 file every card clicked), the R6 goes back into "idle" mode and pops back into audio throughput mode or something (you can verify this by hearing the R6 "click" into this mode audibly, anyone else know the clicks?) every time cutting off every 500 ms of every clip. It's unusable in this way.

I love the Hiby R6 as a DAP on the go. As a DAC... not so much.

-I'm using the latest R6 firmware and Windows drivers from Hiby site.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #3,557 of 4,000
Ha! Now the app did reconnect to the WH3 but I still cannot figure out how to change the codec...
I'm sorry, I was just told by HiBy HQ that the WH3 does not as yet support UAT... 🤦🏻‍♂️ I don't know what to tell you other than it will of course support it in the future

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 29, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #3,559 of 4,000
Joe, can we change the codec from the HiBy Blue app?
If we rule out UAT for now, the other codecs should be chosen by going into developer settings and changing the Bluetooth codec-related settings in there--including the LDAC quality settings.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #3,560 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs
Hey Joe, I'd really appreciate your help. I just bought a new r6 pro and I really like it more than expected. However, I may have to return unless I solve my main reason for purchasing: Bluetooth

My r6 pro will pair with earbuds and speakers but not connect. Ive updated the firmware, cleared Bluetooth catch, restarted & rebooted several times after I reset all apps and settings, tried diffrent speakers and earbuds and attempted to contact customer service, put other devices in another room when pairing. No progress.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #3,561 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs
Hey Joe, I'd really appreciate your help. I just bought a new r6 pro and I really like it more than expected. However, I may have to return unless I solve my main reason for purchasing: Bluetooth

My r6 pro will pair with earbuds and speakers but not connect. Ive updated the firmware, cleared Bluetooth catch, restarted & rebooted several times after I reset all apps and settings, tried diffrent speakers and earbuds and attempted to contact customer service, put other devices in another room when pairing. No progress.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
So to be clear, you have never managed to play anything on the R6 pro through Bluetooth?

Have you tried using another player app for it just in case it's an issue with our app? 😅 Also, try going into Developer Settings as follows to change Bluetooth settings:
1. Go to Settings from the main drawer (not HiByMusic app)
2. Go to System (at the bottom) -> About phone (at the bottom) -> tap on Build Number (2nd from bottom) several times until the device says "You're now a developer!"
3. Go back out one level to System, tap on Developer options in the middle
4. Try changing Bluetooth Audio Codec to SBC for now, which is universally supported. We can always change this back later after a connection is successful, to see what works and what doesn't for you.

What Bluetooth devices do you have?

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #3,562 of 4,000
So to be clear, you have never managed to play anything on the R6 pro through Bluetooth?

Have you tried using another player app for it just in case it's an issue with our app? 😅 Also, try going into Developer Settings as follows to change Bluetooth settings:
1. Go to Settings from the main drawer (not HiByMusic app)
2. Go to System (at the bottom) -> About phone (at the bottom) -> tap on Build Number (2nd from bottom) several times until the device says "You're now a developer!"
3. Go back out one level to System, tap on Developer options in the middle
4. Try changing Bluetooth Audio Codec to SBC for now, which is universally supported. We can always change this back later after a connection is successful, to see what works and what doesn't for you.

What Bluetooth devices do you have?

Yes its true, I've never managed to play anything over Bluetooth on the r6 pro.

I actually haven't used the hiby app. Only Spotify and Tidal.

I have powerbeats + earbuds, Marshall monitor 2 anc and a jbl clip 2.

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #3,563 of 4,000
Yes its true, I've never managed to play anything over Bluetooth on the r6 pro.

I actually haven't used the hiby app. Only Spotify and Tidal.

I have powerbeats + earbuds, Marshall monitor 2 anc and a jbl clip 2.

I misspoke. I have a jbl clip 3.

I followed all your instructions and put in in SBC. I unpaired and paired again. No change in being connected.

The hiby pairs but doesn't connect.

Any other advice?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #3,564 of 4,000
Is there any fix / better driver for the skipping issue with the R6 as DAC on Windows 10?
It's driving me mad. When playing music in foobar it skips randomly every 1 minute or so. When playing short audio clips (for example reviewing cards in Anki which each plays their own .mp3 file every card clicked), the R6 goes back into "idle" mode and pops back into audio throughput mode or something (you can verify this by hearing the R6 "click" into this mode audibly, anyone else know the clicks?) every time cutting off every 500 ms of every clip. It's unusable in this way.

I love the Hiby R6 as a DAP on the go. As a DAC... not so much.

-I'm using the latest R6 firmware and Windows drivers from Hiby site.
@Joe Bloggs Hey Joe, any updates on this? Would appreciate a repy.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #3,566 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs Hi, I've been noticing a quiet but noticeable pulsing wave-like thrum that comes and goes underneath the music. There used to be static in between tracks, but now it invades the tracks as well. It occurs on both Tidal and Qobuz. It's not my headphones or cable, as it is not present in my desktop setup at all. Any advice? Thanks!!

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #3,567 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs Hi, I've been noticing a quiet but noticeable pulsing wave-like thrum that comes and goes underneath the music. There used to be static in between tracks, but now it invades the tracks as well. It occurs on both Tidal and Qobuz. It's not my headphones or cable, as it is not present in my desktop setup at all. Any advice? Thanks!!
Could it be interference from your phone or a WiFi router? The R6 Pro *can* be sensitive to electromagnetic interference from a nearby source (as in 10cm or closer). Try not to have your phone sitting right next to it, for example.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #3,568 of 4,000
Could it be interference from your phone or a WiFi router? The R6 Pro *can* be sensitive to electromagnetic interference from a nearby source (as in 10cm or closer). Try not to have your phone sitting right next to it, for example.

Brilliant -- that did the trick. Moved away from electronics = dead silence. Much appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back