Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jun 5, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #3,406 of 4,000
Hi

I use the R6Pro with my Etymotic ER3-XR when travelling, but at home I use the R6Pro with my HD660s over a balanced connection, and they sound absolutely fantastic. Never have to have the volume high, the amp in the R6Pro drives them perfectly.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions on them.

Shaun
How long does the battery live with the HD660s?

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #3,407 of 4,000
I am looking at getting a hiby R6 pro and a new set of headphones either HD660s or LCD2 classics. Will the R6 pro be able to drive these properly?
R6 sounds incredible with the LCD-2's. Listening to guitar music right now and I can even hear the dude's fingers sliding on the strings

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #3,408 of 4,000
Hi all,

Just purchased the R6 Pro specifically for the intention of streaming Tidal and using Tidal offline to my Woo Audio WA11 Topaz via USB output.

Reading through all 228 pages of this thread, USB output seems to be a weak point regarding Tidal with the official Tidal app specifically around MQA unfolding, but using UAPP I should be able to get bit-perfect using USB-output.

When on the go, I plan to use the 4.4 mm output to my HD 800S and LCD-MX4.

Let me know if I've summarized everything that I've read here incorrectly, and @Joe Bloggs I look forward to asking you a million questions when my unit comes in next week.

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #3,409 of 4,000
Hi all,

Just purchased the R6 Pro specifically for the intention of streaming Tidal and using Tidal offline to my Woo Audio WA11 Topaz via USB output.

Reading through all 228 pages of this thread, USB output seems to be a weak point regarding Tidal with the official Tidal app specifically around MQA unfolding, but using UAPP I should be able to get bit-perfect using USB-output.

When on the go, I plan to use the 4.4 mm output to my HD 800S and LCD-MX4.

Let me know if I've summarized everything that I've read here incorrectly, and @Joe Bloggs I look forward to asking you a million questions when my unit comes in next week.

Thanks!

Mqa certification is done by making a sound profile specifically for a device so it playsback as they intended.

if you want to get an MQA certification for your DAC/Amp, you'll have to send a sample to them, they measure it, create a unique profile, and then it gets applied each time a user listens to MQA files on it.

If you were to transfer the MQA playback from the R6 Pro to your other device. There is no special sound profile made for that new device introduced into setup.

Screenshot_20200606-193054619.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #3,410 of 4,000
Mqa certification is done by making a sound profile specifically for a device so it playsback as they intended.

if you want to get an MQA certification for your DAC/Amp, you'll have to send a sample to them, they measure it, create a unique profile, and then it gets applied each time a user listens to MQA files on it.

If you were to transfer the MQA playback from the R6 Pro to your other device. There is no special sound profile made for that new device introduced into setup.

Thanks for the response. I know that my Woo Audio WA11 does not support MQA. I think that what you are saying is that I shouldn't send it MQA output from the R6 Pro to the Dac/Amp, but only Tidal "HiFi" or FLAC output as long as it's not supported by my Dac/Amp in order to achieve best quality sound because otherwise my Dac/Amp isn't going to know what to do with it.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #3,412 of 4,000
Yeah I have the exact same thing going on with Qobuz! I can hit the little square icon to see the Q. window but I can’t switch to it. Tidal comes up instantly
Just that you know, it seems to be a Qobuz problem. Had the same problem with my FiiO M11. I am now in the Qobuz beta test version and this one is way faster in starting. Still sometimes 2 minutes but it comes up after a while.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #3,413 of 4,000
No, I am sorry I am about to throw this out of the window and buy a FiiO M11 pro

Qobuz performs terribly on my Hiby R6 pro

I reformatted the sd card with over 100 albums I had downloaded. (Which took a long time to download) And tonight I am trying to download them again. It's stuck at 33 albums and won't go further. I have rebooted it about 8 times.

I have blown SO MUCH time futzing with it.

Fiio M9 - crappy with Qobuz
HIBY R6 Pro - No different

Really angry.

I am going the opposite way from FiiO M11 to Hiby R pro in the hope that the newer Android system will help that Qobuz used with a SPDIF digital out works.

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,415 of 4,000
After the last major update, my status bar doesn't show the kHz message anymore.

Also if I hold the cog in the status bar and try to change the status top bar display option, there is setting for displaying it.
Which update on which player would that be? The R6 pro international edition? Last OTA update? Do you mean there is or isn't setting for displaying the rate?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 8, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #3,416 of 4,000
Nevermind, fixed itself after clearing cache from firmware/bios screen.

Jun 8, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #3,418 of 4,000
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back