Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #3,241 of 4,000
Have rebooted. Still no english in settings and most other places.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #3,242 of 4,000
There is a page with rankings and number 1 is Chinese then number 2 is english. Trying to get Chinese to go away, but no cigar so far.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #3,243 of 4,000
Bingo. slid the rankings around and now all ENGLISH!!!!!!! Thank you for your help and patience with an old duffer.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #3,244 of 4,000
Bingo. slid the rankings around and now all ENGLISH!!!!!!! Thank you for your help and patience with an old duffer.
Glad it finally worked. I can't remember how I did it, it's quite long ago. If you get any more problems, try a Google search for "Hiby R6 Pro change language to English" There's loads of people had the same problem. Good luck from a 77 year old young duffer

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #3,245 of 4,000
Thanks again from a younger duffer at 72 yo.

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #3,246 of 4,000
Once I got through the language barrier, I upgraded the firmware and activated Tidal, I hooked up my iBasso It01S and began breaking in the DAP and IEMS in addition to the silver Campfire Audio/ALO Cable. I think The R6 Pro will be a good partner to my Andros.
A9F6AEB5-F97C-48ED-B183-791676953FDA_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #3,247 of 4,000
.I think about 100 or a bit more hours should be good for breakin.
Update: The cable in the posted pic is not an ALO. Its the PlusSound Trimetal, but connected to the iBasso IEMs. Spent my morning transferring music files to the Samsung 512 micro card. Just a pure SOB to remove the card from the DAP when I could not transfer files from mac computer to DAP via C usb cord.
Listening to R6 Pro now and it sounds great with same PlusSound cord and CA Andros. Going to put DAP back on Tidal and let her break in some more until Thursday.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #3,248 of 4,000
I've been enjoing my R6 Pro for almost a week now, I'm loving the sueprfast navigation and download speeds but suddenly the Qobuz app stopped working over the weekend and will no longer open. Has anyone else had this problem also?

Apr 27, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #3,249 of 4,000
I've been enjoing my R6 Pro for almost a week now, I'm loving the sueprfast navigation and download speeds but suddenly the Qobuz app stopped working over the weekend and will no longer open. Has anyone else had this problem also?
I no longer have a Qobuz subscription. But when I did I found that on my R6 Pro it often was very slow to load, or would not load at all. So while I cannot say I am currently experiencing this problem, it would not surprise me.

Apr 27, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #3,250 of 4,000
I no longer have a Qobuz subscription. But when I did I found that on my R6 Pro it often was very slow to load, or would not load at all. So while I cannot say I am currently experiencing this problem, it would not surprise me.
ok thanks thats good to know. The app was working smooth and fast for me up until yesterday. The app still works well on the IBASSO i picked up last week

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,251 of 4,000
Mine has been working well for the most part. I do get occasional momentary drops which I believe are brief WiFi disconnects that interrupt the sound. Last night was the worst and I had to switch to playing local files. I recently found that the mobile app for Qobuz on all my devices (multiple OS units) isn’t scrobbling to last.fm. I also had the Qobuz app on the desktop and R6 Pro operating very slowly. At one point, even the Qobuz website wasn’t loading and was displaying a 404 message.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #3,252 of 4,000
I have a couple of ZIP update files relating to adding Google Play functionality to Chinese versions of this DAP.. what is the best way to share them here?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #3,255 of 4,000
Woo-hoo!

MQA.jpg

Also, just to confirm, full MQA should be indicated with a yellow LED and 384K up top, right? (Asking because that's how it is on my R6 Pro)

That’s what I’m getting, I guess MSEB settings no longer work with the correct unfold, as mine no longer have any effect

For me the sound quality has improved remarkably, especially through my external headphone amp, I’m hearing a lot more detail and separation. Also I’m able to crank the volume more without distortion

Big thanks to Hiby they stood by their word even with this dreaded Virus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back