Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #3,031 of 4,000
What was the method of pause / playing amazon music?
What was the method of pause / playing amazon music?
Just experimented tested to try and be accurate:
>opened Hibymusic, played something.
>next, opened Amazon Music, played something.
>side buttons next, pause/play, previous not functional for Amazon Music.
>closed HIbymusic app

>now if I use the on-screen buttons on the Amazon app to stop start etc this works just with Amazon Music.
>pressing a side button, will start playing Hibymusic - Prev, Next, and Pause Play even though the app is closed on screen, though the lock screen shows a 'play control bar' window for Hibymusic (sometimes)- pressing the bottom navigate 'square' on-screen menu button does not show the main Hibymusic app as open. Pressing a side button will interrupt and override Amazon Music, whether or not a track on Amazon Music is already playing or not with Hibymusic again.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #3,032 of 4,000
The above is not a deal breaker for me.

In addition to Amazon Music HD I am using Pocket Casts podcast app. - it syncs multi OS (so to my iPhone). And Audible.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3,033 of 4,000
I use usb out now to play Amazon music HD into my home DAC via a 5 meter cable and it works great.

I very much doubt spdif signal would survive such a long cable.

Only issue now is running out of power.

But I have chromecast audio set up to another input on the DAC and can use that while charging.
I noticed before, you said the 176k spdif out "sounded stunning". How is the USB sound in comparison for you?
USB straight to my mojo is less clear through a revealing speaker setup compared to a more pristine spdif output up to the 96k that works in my case.
My metrum octave will not lock at all with spdif from Hiby spdif at any file rate..

Anyone having a limited spdif output that has succeeded in getting their Hiby to play well up to the 192Khz spdif spec? If so how?

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #3,034 of 4,000
Just experimented tested to try and be accurate:
>opened Hibymusic, played something.
>next, opened Amazon Music, played something.
>side buttons next, pause/play, previous not functional for Amazon Music.
>closed HIbymusic app

>now if I use the on-screen buttons on the Amazon app to stop start etc this works just with Amazon Music.
>pressing a side button, will start playing Hibymusic - Prev, Next, and Pause Play even though the app is closed on screen, though the lock screen shows a 'play control bar' window for Hibymusic (sometimes)- pressing the bottom navigate 'square' on-screen menu button does not show the main Hibymusic app as open. Pressing a side button will interrupt and override Amazon Music, whether or not a track on Amazon Music is already playing or not with Hibymusic again.
Unfortunately, since Amazon Music doesn't make use of the side buttons, if anything responds to them it won't be Amazon Music, so the behaviour in the current state of things is kind of expected :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 13, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #3,035 of 4,000
Hey guys, hoping someone (@Joe Bloggs) might have some ideas on a problem I’m having with my R6 pro.

For some reason, I can't connect to my Bluetooth IEM's and earbuds, such as my Jabra 65's, from my R6 Pro. I can pair new things, like some N6 TWS buds and my JH Audio bluetooth cable, but they don't autoconnect and if I turn them on and then click on them in the Bluetooth device list, it doesn't do anything and no sound plays out of the earbuds

Also, I can connect to my wifi network with the Via web browser on the R6 and stream Tidal, when I get an error when I click "Check for updates" in the Wireless Updates screen. The error is:
Network connection failed (Failed to connect to fota5s.xxx.cn/0.0.0.0:443)

I went in to "Reset Options" and did the "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth", but that didn't fix the issue.

sent a couple of emails to HiBy support and never heard back

thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #3,036 of 4,000
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #3,037 of 4,000
Hey guys, hoping someone (@Joe Bloggs) might have some ideas on a problem I’m having with my R6 pro.

For some reason, I can't connect to my Bluetooth IEM's and earbuds, such as my Jabra 65's, from my R6 Pro. I can pair new things, like some N6 TWS buds and my JH Audio bluetooth cable, but they don't autoconnect and if I turn them on and then click on them in the Bluetooth device list, it doesn't do anything and no sound plays out of the earbuds

Also, I can connect to my wifi network with the Via web browser on the R6 and stream Tidal, when I get an error when I click "Check for updates" in the Wireless Updates screen. The error is:
Network connection failed (Failed to connect to fota5s.xxx.cn/0.0.0.0:443)

I went in to "Reset Options" and did the "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth", but that didn't fix the issue.

sent a couple of emails to HiBy support and never heard back

thanks!
Regarding the firmware update issue, we can send you an update to the current version for download. Please hold for that, I will send it to your pm box shortly.
As for the Bluetooth issue, is it prevalent across all Bluetooth devices or excluding the N6 TWS buds and JH bluetooth cable?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #3,038 of 4,000
This sounds like an issue with Bluetooth pairing rather than the R6 pro specifically. It sounds like there is a paired device that is near by and is competing with the pairing process. Start by checking your other devices that you have paired the Jabra’s with and have them “forget” the device (check YouTube for tutorials on your specific OS). I’d also look for the user manual online to review the pairing process with your earbuds. Sometimes they let you pair more than one device, but that complicated the pairing process. (The AK XB10 drove me nuts with beeping if it was paired with two devices but out of range of one of them). Anyhow, it looks like you’ve got a bit of trial and error problem solving to do to make it work. Good luck.

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #3,039 of 4,000
Regarding the firmware update issue, we can send you an update to the current version for download. Please hold for that, I will send it to your pm box shortly.
As for the Bluetooth issue, is it prevalent across all Bluetooth devices or excluding the N6 TWS buds and JH bluetooth cable?

Best regards,
Joe
Hey Joe, thanks for the help!

I just ran some further tests... I "forgot" my Jabra 65's and JH Audio bluetooth cable and then reset wifi and bluetooth options on the Hiby. Then I repaired them with no problem but they didn't autoconnect. When I tap on them in the bluetooth device list, nothing happens. I played some music from Tidal and the Hiby app to make sure it wasn't playing.

I made sure that there were no other bluetooth devices turned on (my phone, etc.). I then tested the Jabra's and the JH cable with my iphone and it works fine

One other thing... I connected my Audeze LCD-2's to the balanced port on the R6 and the same beautiful sound came out. So it does play music, I think it's just something with the bluetooth

Thanks Joe

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #3,040 of 4,000
I made sure that there were no other bluetooth devices turned on (my phone, etc.). I then tested the Jabra's and the JH cable with my iphone and it works fine
Was your phone in "airplane mode"? or did you just turn off bluetooth. Unless you're using airplane mode, your antennae are still active. And because it's still paired with your iphone, it will probably try to connect to that.

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,041 of 4,000
Was your phone in "airplane mode"? or did you just turn off bluetooth. Unless you're using airplane mode, your antennae are still active. And because it's still paired with your iphone, it will probably try to connect to that.
Great thing to check... I turned my phone completely off to make sure. Same issue

thanks

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,042 of 4,000
Hey Joe, thanks for the help!

I just ran some further tests... I "forgot" my Jabra 65's and JH Audio bluetooth cable and then reset wifi and bluetooth options on the Hiby. Then I repaired them with no problem but they didn't autoconnect. When I tap on them in the bluetooth device list, nothing happens. I played some music from Tidal and the Hiby app to make sure it wasn't playing.

One other thing... I connected my Audeze LCD-2's to the balanced port on the R6 and the same beautiful sound came out. So it does play music, I think it's just something with the bluetooth

Thanks Joe
I see. Unfortunately the firmware update thing is getting postponed until Monday because they can't upload to dropbox / onedrive over the weekend.

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #3,044 of 4,000
Had a crash this weekend after about an hour listening via Bluetooth. Has this happened to anybody else? Took awhile to get the R6 Pro to come back on. Had Soundcore Pro 2's connected. Great wireless buds for the price!

Also, Is there any way to see the Bluetooth codec being used on the R6 Pro? I have searched everywhere and cannot find it natively or finding an app to display it in the Play store. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #3,045 of 4,000
Hey thanks Joe. Occurred to me that HiBy is in China (I think...) and with the virus... hopefully no one is sick Over there
Others may find the firmware file useful too: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y5seAzffqCYD7cUBVeRFjXpBbbcp2sjT

Save it to the r6pro's own storage, then open the firmware update app, tap the 3 dot menu on the upper right and choose Local update (or something like that) and select the file in the browser.

They haven't told me of any member that's down with the virus, thankfully.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back