Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Nov 18, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #2,596 of 4,000
Anyone using a 1 TB card yet? I just ordered a San Disk Extreme 1 TB from Western Digital for $299. It should work, no?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,598 of 4,000
@skycracksopen, @Joe Bloggs
Thanks for the response! Good to know that the buttons work on 3rd party as well. Actually, I don't think the button arrangement would be a huge obstacle either, it just felt a bit weird on first contact. Or maybe let the Play button point downwards in the future product? Idk...
As for the album artist tag, I'm looking forward to it being implemented. To me it's an essential function for a music player, yet I see so many DAPs that doesn't support it.

The buttons work okay for me with Tidal, Qobuz and the HiByMusic. I am having no luck with Amazon Music. It just seems to ignore them. If anyone has this working (or any thoughts on fixing it) let me know. I have not tested with any other apps.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,599 of 4,000
Hi
I would like to know if the R6 pro can be used as an audio bluetooth receiver device from an Android smartphone source?
> by example if I am looking something on YouTube from my Android smartphone, is it possible to receive the audio from it direct l'y through the R6 pro by pairing the smartphone and the r6 pro with the bluetooth?

I know that DAP as Fiio ones are able but I am not sure with Hiby devices except the Hiby link which allows user to Control the R6 through à smartphone using bluetooth.

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #2,600 of 4,000
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,601 of 4,000
It seems he went strictly by measurements, which is laughable

Edit: I know measurements are his focus, it's just one-dimensional.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,608 of 4,000
Do you know if this update is the one that includes "system wide" support for MSEB? I know they mentioned on Facebook that it would be coming soon.
Yep, this is the one. And it works perfectly with UAPP and Tidal and Plex on my R6 Pro. If I'm not mistaken the R6/R6 Pro are now the only two Android DAPs to offer system wide EQ, and MSEB at that! All we need now is MQA hardware support and we're golden!

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2,609 of 4,000
Yep, this is the one. And it works perfectly with UAPP and Tidal and Plex on my R6 Pro. If I'm not mistaken the R6/R6 Pro are now the only two Android DAPs to offer system wide EQ, and MSEB at that! All we need now is MQA hardware support and we're golden!
That is awesome. Going to get that update right away. I wish really bad that there was a way to fix the interference from my phone making noise... maybe something that is fixed with the R8 Pro? Not sure... or maybe even that newer body version of the R6 Pro? Anyway... super cool that MSEB can be used with UAPP... I run Qobuz through it... not a Tidal guy (in fact I'm not an MQA guy at all... I won't start any fights), but glad it will work for whomever is riding the Tidal wave... UAPP + Qobuz + MSEB is gonna be awesome.

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #2,610 of 4,000
That is awesome. Going to get that update right away. I wish really bad that there was a way to fix the interference from my phone making noise... maybe something that is fixed with the R8 Pro? Not sure... or maybe even that newer body version of the R6 Pro? Anyway... super cool that MSEB can be used with UAPP... I run Qobuz through it... not a Tidal guy (in fact I'm not an MQA guy at all... I won't start any fights), but glad it will work for whomever is riding the Tidal wave... UAPP + Qobuz + MSEB is gonna be awesome.
Just move your phone at least 10cm away from the dap. There's no reason the two should be anywhere near each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back