Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 14, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #2,326 of 4,000
Hi,

I have a problem with my Hiby R6 Pro: I've tried to change an album with the same album in a remastered version but even if I remove the first album from the Micro SD, in the Hiby Music app I have both the albums.
I also tried to clear Hiby Music app data but nothing changed.
What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Elia

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #2,328 of 4,000
Hi,

I have a problem with my Hiby R6 Pro: I've tried to change an album with the same album in a remastered version but even if I remove the first album from the Micro SD, in the Hiby Music app I have both the albums.
I also tried to clear Hiby Music app data but nothing changed.
What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Elia
You did a re-scan I assume, and deleted the old album?

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #2,330 of 4,000
I deleted the old album connecting the Hyby R6 Pro to my Windows notebook. Then I did a re-scan after plugging out the DAP from the notebook but the old album is still there with all tracks :frowning2:
You can actually still play the old version?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 14, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,331 of 4,000
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
You can actually still play the old version?
Yes, I just noticed that in the old album there are only some tracks not all (second photo).

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #2,332 of 4,000
The No Command screen should come up if you hold the volume up button while pressing power on--it is the "screen saver" gateway to Android recovery mode.
Regarding bluetooth, are you using HiByLink by any chance? Do you use bluetooth devices with the R6pro at all?

Joe, thanks... I think you hit the nail on the head. The first unit was paired with my iPhone and that is probably what activated bluetooth coming on. I am still having issues with bluetooth on this one as well, but it's not a touching of the chassis problem. I was cleaning my bathtubs in my house with the player in my pocket using a pair of Galaxy Buds and the sound was randomly cutting out which did not happen with the X7. I think there are some bluetooth issues that need to be sorted out. Not a deal breaker, but aggravating.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,333 of 4,000

Yes, I just noticed that in the old album there are only some tracks not all (second photo).
Did your screen saver darken the screen while you had the R6 connected to the computer and deleting the files? If so, deactivate or lengthen the time the screen saver activates. I think the screen saver is interfering with the data transfer process.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,334 of 4,000
Did your screen saver darken the screen while you had the R6 connected to the computer and deleting the files? If so, deactivate or lengthen the time the screen saver activates. I think the screen saver is interfering with the data transfer process.
For this operation I put the DAP on "stanby" mode (I don't know if it's called that, I mean I press the first key up on the right side and the screen turns off) and the screensaver never appears.
Today I tried also to factory reset the DAP and when I rescanned the old album it was still here. Could it be a Micro SD problem?

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #2,335 of 4,000
Ok, that may be your issue. Don't put the device in standby mode. It needs to be active. I mentioned screen saver, but I meant sleep mode. Also, check to make sure you don't have SLEEP mode set for 1 minute. Set it higher so the device and finish the transfer or deletion. Once you are done, you can set it back to 1 minute.

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #2,336 of 4,000
Ok, that may be your issue. Don't put the device in standby mode. It needs to be active. I mentioned screen saver, but I meant sleep mode. Also, check to make sure you don't have SLEEP mode set for 1 minute. Set it higher so the device and finish the transfer or deletion. Once you are done, you can set it back to 1 minute.
Thanks very much for this advice, but to delete the old album that in the micro SD I can’t see but in the Hiby Music app I can listen to, what can I do?

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #2,337 of 4,000
Thanks very much for this advice, but to delete the old album that in the micro SD I can’t see but in the Hiby Music app I can listen to, what can I do?
Try deleting it using the file manager built into the r6pro system itself rather than via computer.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,340 of 4,000
1.17beta is available for the International Version.
@Joe Bloggs I do not know what is the difference with the previous firmware but this one the android security patch is still from December 5 2017, strange for a new Device from this year , actually I am very concerned and every DP6 pro owner should be about
this since the device is open to any type of security vulnerability !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back