Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 19, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #1,951 of 4,000
By the way I have some emi noise occasionally when using headphones with my RME adi2 dac and that dac is very well engineered . It happens

I don't mean to be rude, but that's a clear red flag -- since it can be dealt with and they chose not to or didn't do it well. I don't / would not own a piece of dedicated audio gear that didn't account for interference anywhere near this price level.

Maybe I'm being too critical, but I honestly have never faced this issue prior to my current R6 Pro, even with a lot of inexpensive buys. Luckily, it sounds like it's going to be resolved :)

May 19, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #1,952 of 4,000
So this is kind of a big ask, guys. Would anyone be able to recommend the best IEM/cable combo for the R6 Pro, given the various issues reported by people?

I’m loving the sound at home with my Audeze LCD’2’s + balanced cable, however I need a way to enjoy the full potential of this device when i’m Traveling or at work, listening to Tidal offline and Dsd’s And 24/192 flac’s

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I’ve heard that the custom IEM’s are pretty sweet, and I’m probably looking to spend $1,500 to $2,000 including cable and connectors

Thanks!

May 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #1,953 of 4,000
I use Campfire Audio Atlas and Cascade with absolutely no problems with hiss or emi interference. In fact the only problem I have ever had with my R6 pro is the pin broke when removing the external memory card.

May 19, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,955 of 4,000
Right now I'm using the Cayin 4.4 to 2.5 adapter with their copper litz cable but plan on getting dedicated 4.4 balanced cable

May 19, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #1,960 of 4,000
I was intrigued by the overall specs of the player until I read what chipset. While the the Snapdragon 400 series is literally perfect (and the lowest tier) for any sorta power device in this day the 400 chipset (note: chipset or better SoC) has notorious radio degradation over time.... as has been noted by users here already. Presumably a more recent low - mid-tier SoC would have been cost prohibitive for their price target.

The Sd 400 was good for was in the flagship Galaxy S4 so yeah. Chosen for the longevity/support and pricing no doubt. I use my S4 as a pmp and energency phone and rarely touch wifi outside of my home (ie reasonably close to my router for this reason)

Still may take a listen though

May 20, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #1,961 of 4,000
Just a reminder, I'm still experiencing EMI issues with any IEM if I don't use my home-made faraday case. Both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm jack have this issue with my player. Unfortunately, I'm outside of a return window and HiBy is telling me this is normal. I'm actually rather upset with their answer/support and likely won't be buying HiBy ever again. The price is much too high for this nonsense.

I got the same reply from service@hiby.com when I told them about the EMI issue on my unit as well. Apparently it is normal to according to Hiby to ship a semi defective product to the market and sell it to their customer. At first I wanted to post their (service@hiby.com) reply but I really don't like making a scene.

May 20, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #1,963 of 4,000
I got the same reply from service@hiby.com when I told them about the EMI issue on my unit as well. Apparently it is normal to according to Hiby to ship a semi defective product to the market and sell it to their customer. At first I wanted to post their (service@hiby.com) reply but I really don't like making a scene.

With which earphones connected to which ports does the issue arise?

I am frustrated that Bluetooth isn't working and initially it worked and now it doesn't.

When is the Bluetooth problem going to be resolved ?

Is it days, weeks , or months from being fixed ?

Within this month. A new firmware update with thoroughly revamped bluetooth code (including ability to function as bluetooth audio receiver) is already out for the Chinese version. It is being ported to the international version.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 20, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,964 of 4,000
With which earphones connected to which ports does the issue arise?

Within this month. A new firmware update with thoroughly revamped bluetooth code (including ability to function as bluetooth audio receiver) is already out for the Chinese version. It is being ported to the international version.
Still gonna only work for Android though yes? Won't be able to do BT Hiby Link or transmit from my iPhone right?
Not sure if this will still be the case, but I would love to see my iPhone XS Max and R6 Pro play nice together.

May 20, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,965 of 4,000
Still gonna only work for Android though yes? Won't be able to do BT Hiby Link or transmit from my iPhone right?
Not sure if this will still be the case, but I would love to see my iPhone XS Max and R6 Pro play nice together.
Not sure, but if it's going to act as a bluetooth audio reception device, that sounds like something an iPhone can talk to.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back