Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 30, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #1,786 of 4,000
I experienced significant hiss sounds with both Sennheiser IE8i (16 Ohm) and Noble Audio Encore Universal (~30 Ohm) when using 4.4mm balanced cables. In early April, I messaged Hiby customer service about this problem. I was informed that they made some progress on their own 4.4mm impedance adapter and its ETA is "next month" (May 2019). So as of now I'm using only the 3.5mm stereo connector. I will update here if I hear anything back.

If you're using IEMs with 4.4mm balanced cables and don't have the hiss sound problem, would you please share your model?
It all depends on the sensitivity of your IEMs... I hear no hiss out of my R6 Pro 4.4mm jack with my Kanas Pro, some hiss with my DM6, and more hiss with my S8F... I have an iEMatch that I use when it bothers me, but most of the time I can ignore it, except during quiet segments of a track...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #1,787 of 4,000
I have the FiiO FH5 with FiiO balanced 4.4 cable LC 4.4B and a hiss is barely audible, if you listen in a very quiet place, when the music is paused, for a few seconds before the amp stops.

I have the **** V2, with 4.4 balanced cable (also made by ****) and have no hiss. FWIW, I also use the Fostex/Massdrop TR-X00 Ebony out of the 4.4 jack with zero hiss as well.
Mine did have some funky battery issue, and I have just returned my unit to MusicTeck on Amazon for a replacement R6 Pro.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #1,788 of 4,000
I experienced significant hiss sounds with both Sennheiser IE8i (16 Ohm) and Noble Audio Encore Universal (~30 Ohm) when using 4.4mm balanced cables. In early April, I messaged Hiby customer service about this problem. I was informed that they made some progress on their own 4.4mm impedance adapter and its ETA is "next month" (May 2019). So as of now I'm using only the 3.5mm stereo connector. I will update here if I hear anything back.

If you're using IEMs with 4.4mm balanced cables and don't have the hiss sound problem, would you please share your model?

No hiss for me we using RHA CL2 earphones with stock or **** cables through the 4.4mm

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #1,789 of 4,000

I’m using Moondrop Kanas Pro IEMs with **** 6 core pure copper 2.5mm balanced cable into the Cayin 4.4 angled pentagon adapter and no hiss whatsoever. The sound is phenomenal.

I also have used BGVP DM6 IEMs with a NICEHCK MMCX to 2.5mm balanced 8 core pure copper cable into the Cayin 4.4mm adapter and the hiss is ever so slight. Only audible when music is paused. Once volume goes up even a little it is gone.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,792 of 4,000
So far not off to a good start with my hiby pro. First, Couldnt find any card pin in the box. Was able to use paper clip to get cover off, but somehow got micro sd card stuck in hiby player. Currently trying to scrape out micro sd card from player.
You're not alone. I had the same issue when I got my R6 pro. After I managed to get my micro SD card out and aligned it properly in the little holder, everything got better from there.
There should be a small card in the square-shaped box in the HiBy R6 Pro box.
20190430_135726.jpg

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #1,793 of 4,000
Is it possible for me to hook up via USB-C the R6 Pro to my Pixel 2 XL so I can play files from the P2XL through USB Audio Pro to the R6?

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #1,794 of 4,000
I hate to be stupid but can someone tell me how to properly use the pin? I managed to get mine open and the card installed but I broke the pin in the process.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #1,795 of 4,000
I hate to be stupid but can someone tell me how to properly use the pin? I managed to get mine open and the card installed but I broke the pin in the process.
Wow, someone more novice than me ! You insert the thin end(pin) into the small hole next to the card slot. Then apply pressure straight in.., The slot should then start to open. That's it. When card is inserted just slide the slot/tray back in until it's flush.

Cards are normally inserted with the printed side UP in the tray. And have one "cut" corner that must line up with the cut corner of the card(s). Some phones have 2 slots. One for Sim Card#1 and second for the TF/MicroSD card. On some phones the memory card can be replaced by a second ie. Sim Card#2.

You can get a replacement pin from any place that sells cell phones. Or can use anything that is straight, small enough to fit, and strong enough. Ordinary wire is not strong enough; it wlill bend. A Pin or Needle with the sharp point cut off will work.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,796 of 4,000
Yeah that’s what I did but apparently mine was in extremely tight, wouldn’t come out without a lot of pressure so the pin broke as it came out

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #1,797 of 4,000
I need help on how to fix an issue I’m having. My micro sd card (a Samsung 512gb card) used with the R6 Pro is only adding the first track from a given album that I add from my iTunes library. The other tracks briefly appear on the library of songs added to the card and then disappear. Error code -43 is sited stating the “required items can’t be found”. All previously uploaded tracks remain on there and the card has plenty of memory space left. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,798 of 4,000
I am still wading through all 112 pages, and still 12 to go... so this may already be addressed... apologies for any redundancy...

There are two “noise” issues, and some people are confusing them...

Issue 1 - EMI. Interference from external electronic signals. At least one culprit is adapters that connect 2.5 to 4.4 with a wire in between, if that wire is poorly shielded (it is acting like an antenna)

Issue 2 - noise floor of the R6 Pro... it is relatively high (supposedly because of the very high output power of this DAP). This will be picked up by very sensitive IEMs. IEMatch is a good solution (I have sensitive IEMs and the IEMatch I bought makes a huge difference). This issue is not unique to the R6 Pro - I have the same issue with the same sensitive IEMs on my iFi xDSD, and use an IEMatch on that as well.

Sorry if this redundant.

I'm most certainly experiencing EMI interference -- even when not using adapters (although much worse with the Cayin adapter.) The issue seems to be worse on the balanced connection, where the standard 3.5mm isn't noticeable unless I'm wearing custom IEMs with crazy isolation. I live in NYC, so interference is all over. I wish they had better shielding in this... I might have to sell if anyone's interested and not located in the highest population density in America.

May 1, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #1,799 of 4,000
I'm most certainly experiencing EMI interference -- even when not using adapters (although much worse with the Cayin adapter.) The issue seems to be worse on the balanced connection, where the standard 3.5mm isn't noticeable unless I'm wearing custom IEMs with crazy isolation. I live in NYC, so interference is all over. I wish they had better shielding in this... I might have to sell if anyone's interested and not located in the highest population density in America.
Thats interesting because I only have EMI interference if i put my iphone within 3 inches or so of the R6 or within a foot of my router. There is no interference other than that and I can easily avoid it

May 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,800 of 4,000
Thats interesting because I only have EMI interference if I put my iPhone within 3 inches or so of the R6 or within a foot of my router. There is no interference other than that and I can easily avoid it

Interesting. I wonder why certain units perform better than others. Regardless, I still think it's unacceptable that your iPhone and router interfere at those distances -- this is a primary reason why one would choose a DAP, AND lower priced competitors don't have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back