Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #1,621 of 4,000
***MAC USER***

Anyone know details about playing back DSD files on the R6 Pro in USB DAC mode?

I have a fairly large collection of DSD files (they range, 64, 128, and some 256)...

When played directly in my pc music software (Audirvana +) say, out of my laptop speakers or connected computer speakers or from the headphone out...
it plays and sounds like a dream.

The same files, played back directly on the R6 Pro (SE or Balanced output), play and sound like a dream.

Now, play these files through USB DAC, and the hiss is off the charts. Just super loud behind every track, as if a TV on a static channel
was blasting at full volume in the background while you were trying to listen to music.

Is there a setting or adjustment to get rid of this hiss during DSD playback in USB DAC mode?
I now know there is a windows DSD driver that sorts this out, is there any such fix on a Mac?

Anyone with info hit me. Appreciate it as always.

@Joe Bloggs

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,622 of 4,000

I have a fairly large collection of DSD files (they range, 64, 128, and some 256)...

When played directly in my pc music software (Audirvana +) say, out of my laptop speakers or connected computer speakers or from the headphone out...

The same files, played back directly on the R6 Pro (SE or Balanced output), play and sound like a dream.

Now, play these files through USB DAC, and the hiss is off the charts. Just super loud behind every track, as if a TV on a static channel
was blasting at full volume in the background while you were trying to listen to music.

Is there a setting or adjustment to get rid of this hiss during DSD playback in USB DAC mode?

@Joe Bloggs
If you search the thread for dsd driver, make sure you're using that.

Apr 8, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,624 of 4,000
My bad... I'll look it up. I did not think there was such a thing necessary on a Mac.
Hopefully I'll find the post.

Thanks for the heads up.
You didn't mention this was a Mac. That would have been nice to know. I can't help you with that.

Apr 8, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,625 of 4,000
it only shows master but look at the frequency on the top - 44.1k and look at your side light. I think it’s blue

Guys from Russian audiophile forum(hiby r6 thread) said that older tidal ver 2.11.3 helped them.

That's NOT good.

Thanks for the info on Tidal folks, if it's not going to support full master mode on Tidal then I can live with that considering there is only currently a small selection of music in master mode

there seems to be good news.
20190408_233125.jpg
20190408_233555.jpg
20190408_235505.jpg
this just turned out after a restart of my R6Pro. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Attachments

• 20190408_233125.jpg
    20190408_233125.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190408_233125.jpg
    20190408_233125.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,627 of 4,000
In the little time I have had the Hiby H6 I am really enjoying the DAP. Quality of player is certainly better than any other DAP I have and really gives my home system a run for its money. I tend to use Audio Player Pro as the player of choice, I find the Hiby player a little too clunky, plus it always shows some albums without the cover art, driving me mad.

I have not done the Andriod 8 update as yet, as I find the instructions a little daunting and confusing, yes I'm worried about messing it all up. Why there is no way to update from WiFi baffles me.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,629 of 4,000
Need offline download to be HiRes also.

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,630 of 4,000
I have quite a lot of hiss with my Fearless Audio S8F, less but still noticeable with my BGVP DM6, and nothing detectable with my Kanas Pro. I will try the IEMatch first before I make a decision about what to keep or not... but it is pretty annoying that I will have this dongle hanging off of the R6 Pro - a lot tougher to have this in my pocket.

Sorry for the late reply. My DM6 does hiss a little bit.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #1,632 of 4,000
It appears that you are in online mode. The actual problem occurs when playing the archived master files while in offline mode.

just tried it a while ago. seems like i'll just have to listen to tidal online.[/QUOTE]
Check if you're still on 2.11.3. You need to turn off Play Store auto updates to stay on the version otherwise it would automatically be changed out.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #1,634 of 4,000
***MAC USER***

I now know there is a windows DSD driver that sorts this out, is there any such fix on a Mac?

@Joe Bloggs
What is your output mode on Audirvana? I don't know the exact details for Audirvana but usually there would be options named like "DSD Direct", DoP, D2P, PCM, etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #1,635 of 4,000
About HiByLink
1. It allows the Client to browse and play music on the Server. However music will be played through the SERVER, not the Client. Think of it as a sort of remote control.

i.e. music stored on one device shall still be played on that device.

2. To establish a successful HiByLink:
i. Set one of the two devices (usually the HiBy device) as the Server and the other as the Client.
ii. Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. You may need to stay in the android Bluetooth config screen of the server device to make it visible to searches by the Client.
iii. Find and tap on the bluetooth name of the Server (usually HiBy something-or-other)
iv. Approve the pairing on the Server device (usually the HiBy device).

For some reason, this doesnt work with my iPhone (iOS 12.2). After Step 4 where the pincode approved, they don't connect to each other.

Another issue is the Wifi signal is very weak. Any wall will severely reduce the strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back