Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 19, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #1,441 of 3,995
I'm not sure I get what you mean, but you may want to double check your tags with Picard or something. Maybe I just got lucky, but mine sorts perfectly.
I use Tag & Rename for tagging. It's rated one of the best. Ive checked in other software too and it looks fine. My old OPUS sorted just fine with the same music.

I was saying I believe that the sorting will ignore 'The/An/A' as the first word and will instead sort by the second. I kind of want to hear Joe Bloggs' thoughts on this. If I'm missing something I'd love to know. But I can't find anything that might be causing this. Does the dates modified of the files affect anything?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #1,442 of 3,995
I use Tag & Rename for tagging. It's rated one of the best. Ive checked in other software too and it looks fine. My old OPUS sorted just fine with the same music.

I was saying I believe that the sorting will ignore 'The/An/A' as the first word and will instead sort by the second. I kind of want to hear Joe Bloggs' thoughts on this. If I'm missing something I'd love to know. But I can't find anything that might be causing this. Does the dates modified of the files affect anything?

Weird. Mine definitely does not ignore A/An/The. Good luck! I hate having sorting problems.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #1,445 of 3,995
Weird. Mine definitely does not ignore A/An/The. Good luck! I hate having sorting problems.
What I mean is it still places the "The's" in the T's but it will use the second word to randomly sort. I'm not sure. I haven't fully tested that. I'm wondering if it has something to do with file dates. Idk.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,446 of 3,995
What I mean is it still places the "The's" in the T's but it will use the second word to randomly sort. I'm not sure. I haven't fully tested that. I'm wondering if it has something to do with file dates. Idk.
I'll see what I can do.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 19, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,447 of 3,995
Apologies if this is answered somewhere else - if so please point me to it...
Using my R6 Pro as a usb DAC playing DSD128/256 through Foobar2k
Sample rate and bit depth show up correctly in F2k but on the HiBy I see 32kHz / 24-bit
Anyone know if there's a special setting I could be missing?
I believe I have all of the necessary components installed (asio, dsd_proc, sacd, etc.)

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #1,448 of 3,995
Apologies if this is answered somewhere else - if so please point me to it...
Using my R6 Pro as a usb DAC playing DSD128/256 through Foobar2k
Sample rate and bit depth show up correctly in F2k but on the HiBy I see 32kHz / 24-bit
Anyone know if there's a special setting I could be missing?
I believe I have all of the necessary components installed (asio, dsd_proc, sacd, etc.)

Thanks!
You're playing through windows shared mode (deceptively called DirectSound, labelled DS on foobar) and windows is set to sample at 32000Hz for the device. Personally I would be happy with settings window's sample rate higher for the device, but I understand others would like a more bit-perfect experience.

To play files bit-perfectly, you can download and use the WASAPI foobar plugin:
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

If you have the latest SACD decoder installed, the output tab of foobar preferences should have new devices including two named DSD: WASAPI (event / push) : HiBy R6 pro . Select one of these; in the Tools->SACD tab select Output Mode: DSD+PCM; and you should be able to play both PCM and DSD bit-perfectly.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,449 of 3,995
You're playing through windows shared mode (deceptively called DirectSound, labelled DS on foobar) and windows is set to sample at 32000Hz for the device. Personally I would be happy with settings window's sample rate higher for the device, but I understand others would like a more bit-perfect experience.

To play files bit-perfectly, you can download and use the WASAPI foobar plugin:
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

If you have the latest SACD decoder installed, the output tab of foobar preferences should have new devices including two named DSD: WASAPI (event / push) : HiBy R6 pro . Select one of these; in the Tools->SACD tab select Output Mode: DSD+PCM; and you should be able to play both PCM and DSD bit-perfectly.

Thanks Joe!
I do have those installed but I will perhaps remove and reinstall. The only one that will output is the DSD: WASAPI (shared).
Curious that wasapi shows 'shared' and not event / push (it used to show that...)
I also made the changes in the SACD tab, but no luck on seeing the change on the HiBy
upload_2019-3-20_6-19-50.png

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #1,450 of 3,995
Thanks Joe!
I do have those installed but I will perhaps remove and reinstall. The only one that will output is the DSD: WASAPI (shared).
Curious that wasapi shows 'shared' and not event / push (it used to show that...)
I also made the changes in the SACD tab, but no luck on seeing the change on the HiBy

Looks like I had WASAPIS for some reason... went back installed WASAPI and everything is right with the world again!

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #1,451 of 3,995
After using my R6Pro for three weeks, I can say that the sound with the TFZ Series 2 on at the balanced port is crystal clear, airy, transparent, very lively with a lot of pressure and dynamics and little but pleasant bass like my HD800, and also with a wide stage. Maybe it is not so tuned to beautiful harmony as my BGVP DMG, but the TFZ plays the source material true to the original and unadulterated, in high resolution and very fine detail without doing analytic but in a bright sound space.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #1,453 of 3,995
I am using low gain, at about 80-90. I used to do the same on the previous player because, if it was at max volume, my car audio would introduce some distortions (car equipment problem, worked fine at max on my home amp).

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #1,454 of 3,995
Not really a believer in 'burn-in' but I can almost swear the sound got better after ~40-50 hours of use. Anybody else feeling the same way? Or it's just my ears that got burned to the sound of R6 Pro :)

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,455 of 3,995
Not really a believer in 'burn-in' but I can almost swear the sound got better after ~40-50 hours of use. Anybody else feeling the same way? Or it's just my ears that got burned to the sound of R6 Pro :)
Ibasso always advise to burn in their daps. They even add burn-in cable to daps accessories. I could hear difference between new and burned ones (dx200, 2 dx150, Hiby r6)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back