Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 14, 2018 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,000

IryxBRO

500+ Head-Fier
09jpg-1544513629848.jpg

Since there were some rumorses about the upcoming HiBY R6 Pro DAP and since the company has already released full description officially and smaples should soon become available - starting this thead to shed some light and have a discussion. I would try to keep this thread well stuctured, gathering FAQ and usefull links in first post. I would also update with the release dates.
There is a possibility to register on HiBY R6 Pro page to get the news and discount upon launch

LINK TO OFFICIAL HiBY R6 PRO PAGE
OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY on FB (valid till the end of Jan 2019)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

HiBY R6 Pro technical specifications:

General:

• Operating System: Android8.1
  • CPU Model: Snapdragon 425 SoC
  • CPU Structure: Quad-Core A53
  • CPU Frequency: 1.4GHz
  • Display: 4.2 inches, IPS (Corning Gorilla Glass), 768*1280
  • Touch Screen: G+FF/5
  • Storage: RAM 3GB ROM 32GB
  • MicroSD: >512GB
  • Color Choices: Stainless steel
  • Size: 119.8*66.96*15.7mm
  • Net: Weight about 285g
  • Power Source: USB DC5~9V 5V 2.5A
  • Battery Capacity: 4000mAh(14.8Wh)
  • Charging Time: 70%≈60min (QC3.0 Quick Charge), 100%≈150min (QC3.0 Quick Charge)
  • Software Upgrade: Internal storage upgrade, micro SD card local upgrade, OTA online upgrade
Audio section:
  • AC: ES9028Q2M*2
  • Input Method: Touch
  • I/V: Muses8920*4
  • LPF&Amplifier: SSM6322*2
  • Crystal: Low Phase Noise Crystal *2
  • Player Output (PO): 3.5mm
  • Balanced Output: 4.4mm
  • Analog Audio Output Interface (LO): 3.5mm LO/COAX multiplexing
  • Digital Audio Output Interface (Coaxial): 3.5mm LO/COAX multiplexing
  • Impedance Adapter: 8~150Ω
  • EQ Adjustment: 10-band EQ adjustment (±12dB) with 10 preset EQs
  • Left and Right Channel Balance: Left 10dB to right 10dB
  • Gain Selection: DSD+6dB TGC, High and Low, 2-level
  • USB DAC: PCM/ DoP/Native Maximum support 384kHz/32bit, DSD256
  • Tone Adjustment: Minimum Phase/Fast Rolloff/Slow Rolloff
  • Default / monitor / warm sound / bile duct
  • Formats: FLAC, WMA, WAV, Apple, LOSSLESS, DSF, and DSDIFF. Native support for DSD 128/256, PCM up to 384Khz/32bit, ISO DSD
Single-ended Headphone Output (3.5mm):
  • Output Power: 245mW(@32Ω)+245mW(@32Ω)
  • Noise Floor Level (Noise): 3.8uVrms
  • Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz-90KHz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 131dB
  • Channel Separation (Crosstalk): 68dB
  • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N): 0.0025%
  • Closed-Loop Output Impedance: 0.24Ω
Balanced Headphone Output (4.4mm):
  • Output Power: 750mW(@32Ω)+750mW(@32Ω)
  • Noise Floor Level (Nosie): 5uVrms
  • Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz-90KHz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 133dB
  • Channel Separation (Crosstalk): 97dB
  • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N): 0.0012%
  • Closed-Loop Output Impedance: 0.28Ω
Line Output (3.5mm):
  • Output Level: 2Vrms
  • Noise Floor Level (Noise): 2.6uVrms
  • Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz-90kHz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 122dB
  • Channel Separation (Crosstalk): 109dB
  • Total harmonic distortion (THD+N): 0.0023%
  • Closed-Loop Output Impedance: 10KΩ
Connectivity:
  • WIFI IEEE802.11a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (aptX, aptX HD, LDAC, HWA)
  • USB 2.0
  • USB: USB data transfer, USB DAC IN/OUT, Charging USB
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Main differences with HiBY R6:

Audio:

Additional LPF components:

MUSES8920 as I/V:
Adhering to the motto ‘ Make Music More Musical’, R6 Pro leverages four low-pass filter chips MUSES8920, two low-phase-noise, high-precision active crystal oscillators, which delivers a superior high-definition sound. Empowered by Panasonic Polymer Capacitor with Low-ESR and Elna SILMIC audio grade capacitors, R6 Pro runs the dual ES9028Q2M into current output mode resulting in a strong anti-interference ability. The comprehensive upgrade of R6 Pro wiring scheme will bring you the unmatched and high-quality sound, allows you to immerse yourself in lossless music.

4.4mm balanced audio output instead of 2.5mm:

Japanese NIPPON DICS 4.4 Balance Base:
With larger physical space, the 4.4 balanced base equipped in HiBy R6 Pro boosts the level of reliability and immunity. The 4.4 balanced base created by Japan NIPPON DICS delivers flawless performance in connection to revolutionize a plug and jack set for headphone.

More output power on both outputs:

3.5mm unbalanced: 245mW V|S 120mW in R6
4.4mm balanced: 750mW V|S 300mW in R6

Wonder why only 8-150Ω are specified - seems that this DAP is capable of driving 300Ω and more to an appropriate level now.

General:

Android OS is now 8.1
Screen is covered with Gorilla Glass
No changes to general HW part (CPU, RAM, ROM, connectivity)

Useful links:

LINK TO OFFICIAL HiBY R6 PRO PAGE
LINK TO REVIEW & PRODUCT PAGE ON HeadFI
Possibility to get a discount upon launch (register email at HiBY R6 Pro official page)
Estimates on price and release date by Audio&Visual
____________________________________________________________________________________
FAQ:

1. Input on R6Pro to Sony WM1Z comparison
2. How is WiFi reception on R6Pro
3. Screen and back glass panel protectors are preapplied.

4. Good input by Egotrip about background noise
5. 1.11G Update: Fix of DTA whitelist for Tidal and Qobuz
6. Joe Bloggs talks about MQA
7. Input by jsmiller58 about HISS and NOISE

____________________________________________________________________________________
REVIEWS:

1. Unboxing by HawaiibadBoy

2. Bad guy good audio reviews
3. Review by Headfonics
4. Review by HeadFonia
5. Review by Audio123 Reviews

Expected MSRP: $799 (Price may vary due to international trade conditions)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #6 of 4,000
If the specs are true the WiFi module doesn't support ac. Personally i find it weird that you wouldn't include ac since that is the ubiquitous WiFi standard at the moment. I guess modern WiFi modules are more expensive.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 4,000
If the specs are true the WiFi module doesn't support ac. Personally i find it weird that you wouldn't include ac since that is the ubiquitous WiFi standard at the moment. I guess modern WiFi modules are more expensive.
Wifi quality seems to be the most frequent complaint. High OI is a frequent kvetch but easily fixed if needed.

Performance of the balanced port on the go is a frequent complaint, hopefully the 4.4mm on the Pro fixes this.

@fanoble i really encourage you or a fellow Hiby staffer to engage users on here. Much of the original Indiegogo buzz for the R6 was due to @Joe Bloggs and his willingness to answer anything and everything.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 4,000

should be true cause taken directly from HiBY official website and R6 Pro page (source link is posted as well)

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #11 of 4,000
Hey! Noob here. From what I understand my new Shure SE846 are power sensitive in other words need low output impedance. Does this spec mean they will work on the R6 Pro without distortion? Also if I were to get another DAP with a high output impedance and use an impedance adapter will that alter the sound at all?

Also, whats the difference between output power and closed loop output impedance??

Cheers!

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #12 of 4,000
Shure SE846

"When load is on (headphones were connected) the output voltage level decreases depending on the output impedance of the amplifier. 0.24 - 0.28 ohms of R6Pro is a low-impedance, close to zero. With this impedance, the voltage drop at a low impedance load is small. For а low-impedance load this is well because of good gain margin. But on low volume level background noise can be heard. "

What kind of distortion do you mean? Overload? Yes, Shure SE846 with its small impedance and high sensivity might be overloaded at high volume levels on DAP. But why would you want to srt it this high?

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #15 of 4,000
"When load is on (headphones were connected) the output voltage level decreases depending on the output impedance of the amplifier. 0.24 - 0.28 ohms of R6Pro is a low-impedance, close to zero. With this impedance, the voltage drop at a low impedance load is small. For а low-impedance load this is well because of good gain margin. But on low volume level background noise can be heard. "

What kind of distortion do you mean? Overload? Yes, Shure SE846 with its small impedance and high sensivity might be overloaded at high volume levels on DAP. But why would you want to srt it this high?

I meant/was asking whether there will be any noise/hissing if I use the Shures on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back