Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Feb 7, 2023 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,875

Zaghamkarim

100+ Head-Fier
Hiya, this is a general purpose thread for any thoughts, comments or to interact with fellow admirers and users of the Hiby R6 Pro II (a 2023 model revision on the original Hiby R6 Pro released in 2019, and a step up model from the recently launched Hiby R6 III/ Gen 3).

I originally started this thread to learn more about the DAP, now am waiting for it to launch so I can drool on it! 🙂

Feel free to take part in the conversation or read through the pre-launch hype! Just editing this before official launch of the product with more details.

Current Information:
To address queries on the filters, Joe has a post on these, link to this is below:

Information about on-device filters.

Latest Firmware Version: 1.30
New Features: Parametric EQ, Customisable Gain on Line Out.

Official Launch Date Announced:
15th April 2023

You can learn more on Hiby's official website, link to new page for this DAP (Digital Audio Player) as below:

https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-pro-ii-gen-2

The information/ story behind the new player is available on their blog page:

Official Blog 1 (Aesthetics, Beauty & Sound) , Official Blog 2 (Path to Improvement), Official Review Page

Also becoming available at regional stores:

Zeppelin & Co (Singapore)
Audio Essence (Switzerland)
Zococity (Spain)
Hifigo (USA)
Musicteck (USA)
Minidisc (Australia)
NPAudio (UK)
Hifonix (UK)
Elise Audio (UK)
DMA Audio (Hong Kong)
Amazon (Global?)
Linsoul (Ships Internationally)

Will be coming shortly to:

audioDOMAIN (Germany)

Reviews:
Android Brick , Headphonesty , Headfonia , Porta Fi , The Headphone List, Moonstar Reviews, Wolfhawk Audio Reviews, Headfonics

Impressions:
Medium, Audio Store

YouTube:
Gizaudio, Hifigo, Hiby, Porta Fi, The Audio Store, Testa Do (Spanish), OB ODIO Reviews, Gadget Generations, RemEdy Official Vlogs, Audio Levels, Soundnews, Z Reviews

Highlight Features:
  • Flagship Grade DAC (Dual AK4499EX + AK4191EQ) - getting one of the highest grade DAC chipset's currently on market in an affordable price range.
  • Playback upto DSD1024 & PCM 32Bit/1536KHz (future proofing with support for playback of the highest quality files on market) - can also act as a high quality streamer with support for highest res file output.
  • Additional support for both 3.5mm and balanced 4.4mm line-out (can act as component to a stacked setup with external pre-amplifier or/ and amplifier, can act as both a portable & desktop setup).
  • Switchable amplifier modes (Can switch between Class A and Class AB) - where Class A is the highest power consumption type of amplifier, no sound compromises (taxes battery and is heat generating as a compromise) and Class AB is the more rounded type (output, battery and heat meeting in the middle). Both can have different sonic signatures, some may prefer the signature of one profile over the other and the synergy may be different with different audio gear, in a nutshell YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).
  • Key sound oriented software (MSEB, support for plug-ins & audio convolution filters and hiby cast).

Original Post:

First time posting a thread here I think, hopefully right place/ all good.

I was hoping to learn more on the "Hiby R6 Pro Gen2", other than confirming it's existence. All I could find was pre pre-order listings, with only information on colours (Black/ Purple/ Blue) and a few specs: SD 665, AK DAC & Android 12.

Before anyone suggests it, yes - I did ask ChatGPT, it was too optimistic lol!

But seriously, anyone know of more information, even if unconfirmed or rumours? Trying to get a DAP to keep long-term as a solid source for min 4-5 years. Hopefully can order it by mid-end of April this year to ideally get by June/ July.

I'm in the UK, so the NW1AM2 is off the table and the N6ii is 1-2 years from extinction in android terms. Budget is around £1200/ $1400, and unfortunately there is not a whole lot with both top tier sq and durability in this segment. The new ZX707 is good, but again volume cap and import duties/ hassle means I'd rather look for an alternative first. A lot of launches like the new Hiby R6 Gen 3 are good for the budget tier, lower price retail than previous edition. Hopefully that translates into a bigger push for better performance in the mid-tier segment. As nothing is filling the gap in this market, really pushing the bar. Here is to hoping it at least beats out the Hiby RS6 - from word of mouth, it explores a different flavour to sound but the R2R tech is expensive and it sacrifices a bit from the RS8, so whilst the RS8 is the biggest boy in the market, the RS6 in a vacuum is great but in open market, the R2R tech pushes it's price above what performance dictates. Before you come at with me with torches - that's just what I have heard from word of mouth, not my view.

If anyone knows anything more on the new R6 pro, I'm all ears! Even if it's confirmation of Q1/Q2 (H1 launch date), or if it's more of an end of 23 launch, suggestions for a better DAP either currently available or launching soon would be helpful :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hiby R6 Pro 2023.jpg
    Hiby R6 Pro 2023.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 1,875
First time posting a thread here I think, hopefully right place/ all good.

I was hoping to learn more on the "Hiby R6 Pro Gen2", other than confirming it's existence. All I could find was pre pre-order listings, with only information on colours (Black/ Purple/ Blue) and a few specs: SD 665, AK DAC & Android 12.

Before anyone suggests it, yes - I did ask ChatGPT, it was too optimistic lol!

But seriously, anyone know of more information, even if unconfirmed or rumours? Trying to get a DAP to keep long-term as a solid source for min 4-5 years. Hopefully can order it by mid-end of April this year to ideally get by June/ July.

I'm in the UK, so the NW1AM2 is off the table and the N6ii is 1-2 years from extinction in android terms. Budget is around £1200/ $1400, and unfortunately there is not a whole lot with both top tier sq and durability in this segment. The new ZX707 is good, but again volume cap and import duties/ hassle means I'd rather look for an alternative first. A lot of launches like the new Hiby R6 Gen 3 are good for the budget tier, lower price retail than previous edition. Hopefully that translates into a bigger push for better performance in the mid-tier segment. As nothing is filling the gap in this market, really pushing the bar. Here is to hoping it at least beats out the Hiby RS6 - from word of mouth, it explores a different flavour to sound but the R2R tech is expensive and it sacrifices a bit from the RS8, so whilst the RS8 is the biggest boy in the market, the RS6 in a vacuum is great but in open market, the R2R tech pushes it's price above what performance dictates. Before you come at with me with torches - that's just what I have heard from word of mouth, not my view.

If anyone knows anything more on the new R6 pro, I'm all ears! Even if it's confirmation of Q1/Q2 (H1 launch date), or if it's more of an end of 23 launch, suggestions for a better DAP either currently available or launching soon would be helpful :)

Thanks!
There's rumour: https://hifi-port.ru/threads/hiby-r6-pro-gen2-anons.1740/

Attachments

• 877a934fa8c330b7cf1b3c644a985b39.jpg
    877a934fa8c330b7cf1b3c644a985b39.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 1,875
Mar 10, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 1,875
In this case look forward to more details tomorrow! 👍

Love the pictures! Definitely prefer the darker shade of purple. And from the picture AK4499EX + 4191 is possible.

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 1,875
Amazing! Definitely looks like a real stunner (even better than the renders)! Do let us know your initial impressions if you can share! (Unless there is an embargo or something which prevents you from sharing which is understandable).

With the larger dimensions, usually that means better performance. 🙂

I'm curious about both, how much of a jump it is from original R6 Pro and how this compares to other mid-range DAP's like the:

Hiby RS6, Cayin N6ii, NW1AM2 & the new Cayin N7.

Mar 11, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 1,875
Yes, R6 Pro II has AK4499EX x2, AK4191EQ x1.

It should cost around $800-$900 and release end of March in China (not sure about the global release date).

r6pro2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #11 of 1,875
Yes, R6 Pro II has AK4499EX x2, AK4191EQ x1.
This is an unexpected surprise! That'll be the sharpest display I've seen on a DAP and good to see a battery boost!🔥

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #13 of 1,875
So possibly between £700-£850, clean io, at least 3 colour options and line outputs. Nice!

Hopefully this has an international launch 🤞.
Look forward to hearing about it's performance. The likes of the RS6 & N7 invested in R2R technology, which has a unique sound signature and wider sound stage. Will be interesting to see how this compares in detail retrieval and pure sq. Don't see anything on Class A amp, assume that was a budget decision to not include. Can use line out to connect to Astell Kern PA10 instead (or if Hiby launch portable class A amp). Now that is where the question becomes of paired performance, i.e. R6P2+PA10 Vs WM1AM2, RS6 & N7.

Can't wait to find out more! 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back