HiBy R6 pro II + HiBy Crystal 6 Gen II / HiBy Zeta Easter 2023 inaugural tour--first impressions rolling in!
Mar 17, 2023 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile

After becoming the latest addition to Head-Fi's hallowed list of sponsors :wink: , I am pleased to announce the very first Head-Fi world tour for HiBy. Call it the Easter 2023 world tour :beerchug:
https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-pro-ii-gen-2

We are touring the latest release from HiBy, the R6pro gen 2, which comes with the AK4191EQ+dual AK4499EX DAC architecture for a whopping 8 DAC rails, all used full time both in balanced and SE output modes! ("All-In architecture")

Credit to Zeppelin and Co for the following short blurb about the R6 pro II:
The cake’s ready, now it’s time for the cherry on top. HiBy Music’s ambitions for 2023 and beyond rise and rise, with the launch of R6 Pro II. Stocks arrive in April 2023.

As if bringing AKM’s sought-after flagship AK4191EQ DSP and dual AK4499EXEQ DACs to a new level of affordability wasn’t enough, R6 Pro II adds on a discrete Class A balanced 4.4mm headphone amp.

The addition of a proprietary output stage, designed in-house by HiBy, is just another example of the lengths these Head-Fi innovators will go to – adding value so R6 Pro II surpasses what a parts data sheet might lead to indicate. Sophisticated, open and airy, there's a refined flavour imparted on top of its neutral yet forgiving transparency.

R6 Pro II’s AKM decode gets passed along beautifully to drive your prized headphones and earphones – empowered by a beautiful I/V stage, Class A discrete transistor output stage, Android 12, full Google Play Store and streaming usability, plus HiBy's relentless drive to surpass previous limits.

In addition, we will be shipping our HiBy Crystal 6 mkII IEMs to go with this player on tour. This is a 6BA/earpiece pair of hi-res in-ear monitors, with a balanced tuning as pictured here: (the IEMs, not the FR graph. They weren't graphing correctly on the product page. Check back later. I'm getting a pair of these to report on in advance)
Screenshot 2023-03-17 162228.png
https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-crystal-6-ii

As well as getting to try out the Crystal 6 MkII together with the R6 MkIII, reviewers will also get to be the first to try out advanced options for adapting the player / playback to their audio chain (such as the Crystal 6 MkII, or anything else you care to pair with it) via new DSP plugin modules currently in development!

We are now soliciting tour participants from all over the world to enrol in our inaugural Head-Fi tour! Anyone may apply as long as they agree to the review regulations at the end of this post, and as long as they intend to write about their experience and share it with us! :)

Update 19 Apr: we are reopening applications for a limited few days until the end of this week (23 Apr), to accommodate more units hitting the road. Some of them will be trying the R6proII out with the Crystal6 ii, others will be trying it out with: *drumroll* the HiBy Zeta
https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-zeta

With the number of units we will be sending out most reviewers should expect to wait at most only a month or two before having a tour unit in their hands!

Simply post at least the following in reply to this thread to apply for the tour:
1. Your main spoken / written languages
2. A summary of your existing audio gear, including any players, earphones, amps, etc. whether HiBy branded or otherwise (but don't be shy if you don't have much, it's not necessary to have a stack of existing equipment to get selected :)
3. Point to any existing review experience you have--where your existing reviews are posted, if any. (but don't be shy if you don't have any, this is your chance to start :)
4. Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): this is very important as after looking at the list of applicants we will decide on how to group them by geographical region.

Applications for tour slots is now closed and impressions, reviews etc. are rolling in from reviewers who have their hands on the package. Check this thread for updates!

Review regulations:
•Reviewers should promptly indicate when they have received the tour package from e.g. the post office. Once the package is in hand, they have up to 10 days for forming impressions before shipping to the next reviewer.
•Reviewers should ship the tour package to the next reviewer by registered post in the original product packaging provided, and keep records and receipts for reimbursement purposes :)
•By applying for this tour, you indicate that you are fine with your real name and address being privately provided to us for shipping purposes, and HiBy is allowed to share excerpts of what you write about our products and/or link to your full review on their product and store pages.
•Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the tour package sustained during shipping or normal usage, however, they should not open, modify or perform any DIY work on the products.
•Reviewers should do the review fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required.
•Reviewers need not overstate the advantages of the products.
•Reviewers should indicate that the review tour packages are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on the tour package.
•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the tour package, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume with the tour package.
•Reviewers may send the review content to us for examination prior to publishing—for basic fact-checking purposes only. We will only request corrections of factual mistakes regarding the tour package. Reviewers may post the corrections alongside their original content for reference.
•Reviewers agree to be nagged by Joe Bloggs for a review if it hasn't come out yet for quite a while :ksc75smile:

Happy listening to all! :floatsmile: <--yes, you're welcome to bring your own amplifier into the mix :wink:

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 100
Reserved

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 100
Hello @Joe Bloggs

1. I usually write in English aside from my native languages.

2. Just checked the history of my reviews on my account here regarding my head gears. I currently don't have a HiBy product but I used HiBy music app as my tool to review DAC/amp dongles. My sources are LG phones, Questyle QP2R and FAudio XS04.

3. I'm active in portable audio reviewing since 2020. I posted reviews in my own blog, here in Head-fi and FB audio group pages.

4. I currently situated in Metro Manila, Philippines.

And I agree in your terms if I'll be qualified to be part on a review tour group of HiBy.

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 100
Hi @Joe Bloggs

1. My main language is Tagalog (Philippines local dialect) but fluent in english.

2. These are my humble gears. Mostly iems.
  • Kinera idun golden
  • Bqeyz winter and autumn
  • Audeze sine
  • Hiby rs2
  • Questyle qp2r
  • Audiosense dt300
  • Tangzu zetian wu heyday
  • Ovidius b1
  • Centrance dacport hd
  • VE azure
  • VE bie
  • Abigail pro 4.4 and 3.5
3. You can check my personal profile here at head fi mate.

4. My location is olongapo, philippines.

I agree and will comply to rules mentioned.

Edz

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 100
I'm in if you'll have me. My reviews are short, sweet and to the point. Once run in, I'll only need the pair for a day or 2 before forwarding. Haven't heard a HIBY IEM but like the concept of this one. Have or had Hiby Questyle Ibasso AK and an LPG etc players. Have or had a bunch of IEMs including JHA 16fp, EE Spartan, Moondrop S8, Yanyin. Just getting back into some old low bias Stax SRX and Lambdas. :relaxed:

Mar 17, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 100
Hello. I can publish reviews in English and I am based in Oxford UK. My current gear includes JVC FW10000 and Sony IER M9 iems, DX 320X , DX 220 Cowon Plenue R and Cowon J3 DAPs. I agree to the terms and conditions of this tour and unfortunately i do not have online footprint on audio reviews.

Mar 17, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 100
1. Native Italian, capable of fluent English
2. FiiO M15, FiiO K9Pro, FiiO Q5S, FiiO BTR5. Audeze LCD-XC, Hifyman Ananda Stealth, Audio-Technica R70X. Soon to have an HiBy RS8 (hopefully soon)
3. No active reviews, but would enjoy taking a shot at it!
4. Center Italy

Mar 17, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 100
Greetings, I am Miguel Esteves from Lisbon, Portugal, and am a young reviewer (29 years old) who has stepped into audiophily at 14, but only matured my ears according to the current "Chifi" market since 2020. I have posted reviews in English solemnly on facebook groups (Chifi Love, DongleMadness), as I am not yet confident enough about my experience and credibility enough to post here in Head-fi (this is about to change quite soon). My main language is Portuguese, but I'm quite comfortable and am used to describe sound characteristics in English.

I come from studio related gear (synthesizers, drum machines, piano, guitar, drums, arranging, composing and producing). Due to this, along with some gaming, I also tend to put IEMs to the test of usages other than music listening when reviewing. I study piano and composing so I also always refer to how my studio and piano are represented through the IEM.

In order to gain some written experience and widening audio horizons, I have been investing and currently got the following IEM selection:

- Moondrop Aria
- Moondrop Quarks dsp
- Moondrop Chu
- Tanchjim Zero
- Tanchjim Tanya
- Truthear Zero
- Tripowin Lea
- Celest Gumiho
- Kinera Hodur
- Truthear Hexa
- CCA CRA
- CCA CRA+
- CCA NRA
- CCA C12
- Salnotes Zero
- TRN 5BA
- Tangzu Wan'er S.G.
- Sennheiser IE300

Headphones:
-AKG 701
-DT 990 Pro
-DT 900 Pro X

DAC-Dongle:
CXPRO
Abigail
Fiio Btr5
Ibasso Dc-05
Hiby FC1
JCALLY Ap10

Desktop Amp
Cambridge Audio Azur 340A

Audio Interface
Focusrite 18i20 2nd Gen

I really value transparent reviews, and thrive to be as unbiased as possible. I often challenge myself out of my sound signature comfort zone so I widen my horizons and can comment on sound impressions despite my preference.

I am aware that I need more audio references, thus I am trying, as of now, to meet up and exchange IEMs with fellow reviewers. This oportunity we are discussing here would also add a lot to my notion of higher end gear.

My goal is to be able to mirror impressions to text, in a way people can easily imagine the sound by giving examples and refering to how specific instruments, voices and other sound sources behave.

Ultimately I try to stimulate locals to this hobby, which is quite unknown in my country. So far I have been having quite a good feedback from young people when they try or get recommended a more budget friendly IEM from me.

I would like to thank Hiby for this program and congratulate you for opening up to the whole world to see your products. I'm aware of your products, constant growth and innovation. Your dac/dongles are very good and stunning, as well as very well marketed.

EDIT: Since posting this, I have published one of my reviews here on head-fi so you have a reference to my format, here on this review showcase page:
Mesteves77 Head-fi Reviews Showcase

I agree with your tour requirements and rules.
Good luck with the project!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 100
The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located
Germany
Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere
https://www.head-fi.org/members/deleeh.520775/#showcase-reviews
IEM/Headphones
Letshure Z12, Imr Acustic R2 Red, Zmf Auteur,Lcd 2
DAP, Dongle DAC, or portable DAC/Amp that you currently own
Ifi Hip Dac 2,on search for a Dap.

Mar 17, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 100
1. Your main spoken / written languages: English

2. A summary of your existing audio gear, including any players, earphones, amps, etc. whether HiBy branded or otherwise:
  • Player: Shanling M6 Ultra, Hidizs AP80 Pro X
  • Dac/amp: FiiO K7, Topping G5, many dongles
  • IEMs: Andromeda 2020, U12T, whatever I happen to review at that time

3. Point to any existing review experience you have--where your existing reviews are posted, if any.

4. Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
  • Adelaide, Australia

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 100
Spoken language
English
Current gear
Noble Kublai Khan, 7hz Timeless, Tri i3 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, audio technica msr7b, various true wireless, Dragonfly Black DAC, never used a DAP run all music through FLAC files in mobile phone memory.
Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published
- https://www.head-fi.org/members/synaesthetica.548863/#showcase-reviews
- Also have a YouTube channel where I post Goa Trance reviews.
The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located
Brisbane, Australia

No problems with any conditions. Can expect review to be completed on time.

Mar 17, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 100
Mar 18, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #13 of 100
1. My spoken and written language is English.
2. I currently have a Hiby R3 Saber as my main digital player, which I mainly use with Empire Ears ESR iems, along with a number of pairs of headphones, mainly HiFiman Sundara, Grado SR80, and Sennheiser HD580.
I also have a number of portable DAC’s, Chord Mojo, iFi Hipdac, Dragonfly Red. My main home head-fi system is a stack of iFi Zen gear.
3. I’ve written reviews of the iFi Zen Air gear, which on head-fi.
4. The county of Lancashire, England.

I hope to be added to the tour, and good luck to everyone else here too.

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #14 of 100
1. Main spoken / written languages:
English
2. Summary of your existing audio gear:
Source
- Earmen Angel
- iFi Gryphon
- Xduoo XP2Bal
- Hidizs S9 Pro Copper Edition

IEM/Hedphones
- Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite
- Grado SR325x
- Thieaudio Ghost
- iKKO OH5
- Hidizs MS5
- Akoustyx S6

3. Review experience:
Headfi -
https://www.head-fi.org/members/ywheng89.416926/#showcase-reviews
Personal Blog - http://jaarbywei.blogspot.com

4. Geographical region:
Malaysia

I have not tried Hiby's product before hence i'm signing up in hope of getting selected to be in tour.
Cheers and good luck everyone!

Mar 18, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 100
1. English.

2. My (limited) gear: Fiio M17 player; Shanling M6 Ultra player; Sony IER Z1R; Fiio FHE, FH5, FH7 and FH9. Ultrasone Signature: Master, Pro, DJ, Piulse.

3. No review experience for audio products, unfortunately. Always been curious about Hiby gear, though, and am looking for another player more portable than the M17.

4. I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back