HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 24, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #6,436 of 6,622
Yes on the Oreo flashing. Only 1 pc available, everything else is a Mac.

I can only suggest restarting the HiBy before attempting flashing again, and trying other ports. Unfortunately the updating program was really designed to be used in controlled factory environments and there's no guarantee that it would work on any particular computer. As I said before, given the limitation of this we had debated whether to put out this update at all, but decided the benefits to those who manage to upgrade should not be sacrificed, even if not all will be able to upgrade.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 26, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #6,437 of 6,622
Hi @Joe Bloggs - no changes at all. It's almost like it's perhaps trying to do something in background. Are they any settings that can cause something like this that should be turned off/on?

As I say, it's happened with two cards now, randomly on different tracks and in different positions so I'm at a loss at the moment.

@Joe Bloggs Hi Joe - any suggestions with this? I have tried different cards but still experiencing random 'gaps' and it is almost as though something i.e. a process is causing an interruption. The cards work fine in other devices.

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #6,438 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs Hi Joe - any suggestions with this? I have tried different cards but still experiencing random 'gaps' and it is almost as though something i.e. a process is causing an interruption. The cards work fine in other devices.

Hello,

Just for the sake of testing can you try playing with another free player app from Play Store and see if the problem stays or goes?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #6,439 of 6,622
Hey, I'm going to pick up a new 1TB card. my 512 is full :) Does anyone know if I can just copy over Tidal and Qobuz offline music folders to the new card, or does it have to re-download everything? it'll take forever for it to redownload everything! I know the files are encrypted but I figure maybe if it's the same device...

thanks!

Mar 27, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #6,440 of 6,622

Mar 27, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #6,441 of 6,622
Wow Joe, thanks this is perfect. Just time to pony up the $$$ for the bigger card

Noticed something interesting today which is almost certainly a Qobuz issue. I was playing some tracks that said "high res" and yet only showed 44 Khz when I played them, both at the top of the screen and in the app itself. When I imported them (for offline), it gave me the option to import up to 192, which I did, and they did indeed play at 192 according to the Hiby display up top

I checked my Qobuz settings and for some reason the WiFi quality was set to 44. I changed it to 192 and still had the same issue. Restarted Qobuz, etc.

As as I said, I'm 99.9% sure this is a Qobuz or even an Android issue, not an R6 issue

thanks again Joe

Mar 29, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #6,442 of 6,622
Just ordered the miter case for this. Wish there were more case options. Would prefer one like the R6 Pro that's clear.

Anyone else having charging issues? Seems very particular about which USB C cables it likes.

Otherwise, I'm liking it more and more. Standard SE sounds great with my DT 1770.
I just bought one from a fellow member here, and very much like it, as for the cable, i'm using the usb cable that came with the unit with no problems charging or having files copied to the R6.

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #6,443 of 6,622
Hey, I'm going to pick up a new 1TB card. my 512 is full :) Does anyone know if I can just copy over Tidal and Qobuz offline music folders to the new card, or does it have to re-download everything? it'll take forever for it to redownload everything! I know the files are encrypted but I figure maybe if it's the same device...

thanks!

I've always had to redownload offline Tidal after an SD card change unfortunately.

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #6,444 of 6,622
I just bought one from a fellow member here, and very much like it, as for the cable, i'm using the usb cable that came with the unit with no problems charging or having files copied to the R6.
Just wanted to mention that if I stick the SD card directly in the slot reader on my laptop, there is a HUGE increase in speed when you're copying many GB of files

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #6,445 of 6,622
Apr 1, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #6,446 of 6,622
Just wanted to mention that if I stick the SD card directly in the slot reader on my laptop, there is a HUGE increase in speed when you're copying many GB of files
When i started filling my card it for sure was done through my laptop, indeed quicker, if i add and album or two then i just hook up through usb cable, the 3rd party case i bought fits like it was glued on, so it's a "PITA" to get off, hence usb transfer.

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #6,447 of 6,622
Big problems on the R6 today.

It suddenly switched off while listening to Spotify. Completely died even though it said it had 50% charge.

Tried to charge it but it is stuck on 0%. Managed to get it to come on once after multiple reboots and it said 50% again but as soon as I turned on the wifi it died. Now it is back to displayed 0% on charge screen and won't boot.

Had it since September 2018 and it has had a few funny moments before but never this bad. Not sure if it's done.

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #6,448 of 6,622
When i started filling my card it for sure was done through my laptop, indeed quicker, if i add and album or two then i just hook up through usb cable, the 3rd party case i bought fits like it was glued on, so it's a "PITA" to get off, hence usb transfer.
I'm about ready to switch to a 1TB card. I have a shared folder at home with my music collection and it's just a bit too big to fit on my 512GB card alongside all of my offline Tidal and Qobuz music

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #6,449 of 6,622

It suddenly switched off while listening to Spotify. Completely died even though it said it had 50% charge.

Tried to charge it but it is stuck on 0%. Managed to get it to come on once after multiple reboots and it said 50% again but as soon as I turned on the wifi it died. Now it is back to displayed 0% on charge screen and won't boot.

Had it since September 2018 and it has had a few funny moments before but never this bad. Not sure if it's done.
Leave it on charge for a couple of days? Perhaps the battery percentage was faulty and it completely discharged?

Apr 20, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #6,450 of 6,622

The advice usually given officially in such situations is to connect your player to a computer USB port (with the computer on of course) for a day. Apparently computer USB ports are more reliable than standalone USB power adapters in such situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back