HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #6,346 of 6,622
Hi Guys

Need to check with you regarding WIFI issues, does it still persist on the latest firmware?
R6 price drop to around $350 where I live and its only $10 difference between the normal and Stainless one

Not sure which one to go for HiBy R6 or Shanling M6

If the wifi problem is still there I might go for the more expensive M6 instead as I will mainly use this for streaming

Thanks in advance for all your comments

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #6,347 of 6,622
I guess it depends on what you mean by problems? I’ve never actually encountered any. But then I don’t dance around the streets hoping to connect from one hotspot to the next either. :)

Joking aside. I wouldn’t have even known there were WiFi problems, of any description, without reading this thread.
For me, it works fine. In the house, hotels, airports etc.

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #6,348 of 6,622
I guess it depends on what you mean by problems? I’ve never actually encountered any. But then I don’t dance around the streets hoping to connect from one hotspot to the next either. :)

Joking aside. I wouldn’t have even known there were WiFi problems, of any description, without reading this thread.
For me, it works fine. In the house, hotels, airports etc.

its all mentioned in this topic but anyway I dont have time to read all 400 pages
Maybe it got fixed already since i dont see much complaint recently

anyway, i need to make sure on this

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...and-over-500-funded-indiegogo.852042/page-200

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #6,349 of 6,622
I have no wifi issues with mine. It connects to every wifi network I've tried so far and stays connected while being within
a reasonable range to the router.

Yes, with my LG V30 I have better reach and download speed, however that's a flagship phone with a flagship modem.

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #6,350 of 6,622
I have no wifi issues with mine. It connects to every wifi network I've tried so far and stays connected while being within
a reasonable range to the router.

Yes, with my LG V30 I have better reach and download speed, however that's a flagship phone with a flagship modem.
I didn't expect the same wifi quality with this DAP and mobile phone
but from what I been reading in this post, seem like there are so many complain about wifi, some even said they cant leave the room where there place their accesspoint or even need to sit next to it
I read my local forum and they said this issues already fixed via FW update (still cant compare to mobile phone but more acceptable)
but anyway, I have just ordered this as the price is sooooo tempting

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #6,353 of 6,622
I'll chime in to say that my R6 has no issues with Wi-Fi either. iConnects to whatever network I throw at it and stays connected (I use it every day, all day at work). No problems streaming on either Spotify or Deezer.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #6,356 of 6,622
I have just got the R6 and have a issue regarding Bluetooth i have The Senheiser TWM'S and with every device other than the R6 the Bluetooth connection is good enough to leave the device in one room and stay connected through out the house.. where as the R6 losses connection if you leave the room or even a few feet away .. any ideas as to why .. sorry if this has been discussed before.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #6,357 of 6,622
I have just got the R6 and have a issue regarding Bluetooth i have The Senheiser TWM'S and with every device other than the R6 the Bluetooth connection is good enough to leave the device in one room and stay connected through out the house.. where as the R6 losses connection if you leave the room or even a few feet away .. any ideas as to why .. sorry if this has been discussed before.

I have the same issue with my Tranya T3. The connection only works if they are within line of sight. It's fine if the R6 is in my right hand back pocket of my jeans but is terrible in the left pocket. Going in to a different room to the R6 has never worked for me. I have to take the player with me and make sure no body part gets in the way. My biggest problem is the Tranya's only re-connect automatically about once in every three times i take them out of their charging case and it's a process i go through multiple times a day. I'm continuously turning the Bluetooth off and back on again on the R6 and it may be my imagination but it seems to be getting worse after each firmware update

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #6,358 of 6,622
I have the same issue with my Tranya T3. The connection only works if they are within line of sight. It's fine if the R6 is in my right hand back pocket of my jeans but is terrible in the left pocket. Going in to a different room to the R6 has never worked for me. I have to take the player with me and make sure no body part gets in the way. My biggest problem is the Tranya's only re-connect automatically about once in every three times i take them out of their charging case and it's a process i go through multiple times a day. I'm continuously turning the Bluetooth off and back on again on the R6 and it may be my imagination but it seems to be getting worse after each firmware update

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #6,359 of 6,622
So Bluetooth connectivity is a issue .. as i wrote everything else you can go a roaming and remain connected to the Senheiser so was expecting the same from a DAP .. but your 's sound's even worse than mine .. shall have a word with Amazon about it but if comes as Standard then i either have to make sure i take the R6 with me to each room ..or return it .. but i really like the SQ and the price was cheap for a DAP .. i have already returned A Sony 105 due to shocking battery life .. was thinking of getting the IBASSO DX160 if i was to return but i read some of the owners thread, and there was mention of a Bluetooth issue with that.. maybe you have to spend big to get a issue free DAP.

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #6,360 of 6,622
I thought it may bo the fault of the Tranya's because they were fairly cheap but if your having issues with your Senheisers then maybe not. I'm getting a new car in the next few weeks that has Bluetooth so the R6 will mostly be connected to that. I'm hoping it will reconnect more reliably to that and i'm going back to wired IEM's for a while out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back