HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #6,331 of 6,622
In the middle of the screen, of the song that is playing, there is the Output Info (Samplerate, Bits and Format). To the left of this info is the play function (Sequential Play, Loop Single and Shuffle All). Just above this is a circle indicator with two arrows. Touch that symbol and the seek bar will change from circular to straight.
Oh, neat. Thanks.

I had the extreme too. You can go back a few months to see how much time I spent trying to fix this. Also spent hours with Hiby over Facebook and JRT to rule out anything else as the cause. Returned the Sandisk to Amazon and bought Samsung Evo. yes the claimed speed is lower but actual speed is really the same and it utterly fixed my issues.
Maybe I'll try swapping the Evo and Extreme that I have. Need to find somewhere to temporarilly stuff 150GB of files to do that...

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #6,333 of 6,622
Hey I was hoping for some advice on the best MSEB settings to set globally on my R6 Pro... I listen to a lot of female vocals, guitar, classical on JH Lola's

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Since you are asking about your R6 Pro, it might be better to ask this question on the R6 Pro Forum. There, you will find users that actually have and use the R6 Pro.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #6,334 of 6,622
Gone and transferred files between my two MicroSD cards, oddly enough the SanDisk Extreme card was playing sort of okay with the HiBy before I did that, but anyhow for now it has the Evo 128GB in it. I'll monitor it but so far it seems to be more responsive, scans the library much faster and has only had a few blips.
Going to have to figure out what's causing the HiBy Music app to be stuck at 48kHz though...

Hey I was hoping for some advice on the best MSEB settings to set globally on my R6 Pro... I listen to a lot of female vocals, guitar, classical on JH Lola's

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I don't have experience with JH Lolas, but honestly, as sound is very subjective, the best way for you to get the most of MSEB is to adjust it yourself. I don't know what kind of sound you are looking for from your description and the beauty of MSEB is that it allows users to tweak the audio towards known terms rather than by a conventional multiband equalizer to get the kind of sound they want from almost any output device.

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #6,335 of 6,622
I was checking out this thread as I was having difficulty updating my R6 firmware via OTA update.

What I was seeing is the following:
  • OTA update found
  • OTA update downloaded
  • R6 reboots to Android installation mode
  • Unspecified error, device reboots back to Android
After thinking about this I removed my SD card and ran through the process again and that worked.

I shutdown my R6, inserted my SD card, ran through the process and it failed with the same methodology.

The bottom line here is that I think the device boot loader is looking at SD card to install the update, gets confused, and errors out.

After pulling my SD card to run through the update process (from OTA download to install) I was able to install 3-4 different successive firmware updates without an issue.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone with the same issue.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #6,340 of 6,622
I'm having a very strange issue with my R6. When using Hiby music app, when screen is on, entire device goes frenzy and starts selecting options randomly from the screen i'm in. Only if i lock the device and open it again, it kind of calms down. I tried factory reset and installed all system upgrades available, still problem is not resolved. Music plays fine if do not keep the screen on for long time. But the issue is bit irritating as at times as some random options are selected from the screen. Have anyone come across similar issue?

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #6,343 of 6,622
Just got the R6 but not used it yet .. concerned as i have read about possible issues
with IEMS in my case Sennheiser TWM'S or are they a good fit for the R6 or not ?.

the Hiby R6 has an unusually high output impedance of 10 Ω.
This absolutely can negatively affect low impedance headphones. (Iem's generally have low impedance < 32 Ω).

It is however not possible to directly look at the specs of a pair of headphones and accurately predict how / if they would be affected.
A general rule of thumb is, Single DD iem's should be fine, Multi-BA iem's could be problematic.

You can buy something like the iFi IEMatch to avoid any problems with wired headphones.

However, you mention TWM iem's which AFAIK are bluetooth phones. Those would never be affected by output impedance.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #6,344 of 6,622
the Hiby R6 has an unusually high output impedance of 10 Ω.
This absolutely can negatively affect low impedance headphones. (Iem's generally have low impedance < 32 Ω).

It is however not possible to directly look at the specs of a pair of headphones and accurately predict how / if they would be affected.
A general rule of thumb is, Single DD iem's should be fine, Multi-BA iem's could be problematic.

You can buy something like the iFi IEMatch to avoid any problems with wired headphones.

However, you mention TWM iem's which AFAIK are bluetooth phones. Those would never be affected by output impedance.
Yes the Sennheiser are connected by Bluetooth, so they are OK for the R6 which is good to know.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #6,345 of 6,622
Yes, output impedance affects only wired phones.

If you'd like to read more on output impedance, go here.

I'd like to add though that there is no reason to be concerned.
Connecting low impedance iem's to the r6 instead of a different source might result
in the same sound, a bassier sound or, worst case scenario, a wrong sounding iem.
It will, however, not be damaging to either the iem or the r6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back