HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #5,957 of 6,622
It does, but even with no head phones plugged in, it still says it's in balanced mode and the 3.5 Jack won't engage it seems. I tested with my phone, so I know it's the jack.

May 31, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #5,958 of 6,622
It does, but even with no head phones plugged in, it still says it's in balanced mode and the 3.5 Jack won't engage it seems. I tested with my phone, so I know it's the jack.
:)) try hard reset . If not, try to reset to factory. If everything concern the software's fine . I'm afraid that's a hardware's faul and have to cover by warrant .

May 31, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #5,959 of 6,622
I did the factory reset in settings. No luck. Restarted it a few more times. No luck. I did figure out that there not battery drainage. The play button must get bumped when I stick it in my headphone case, as it was playing when I pulled it out, and I just hit pause and it's been fine since. So, just the SE issue. Isn't there some rep here? Joe? Maybe that's Fearless.

May 31, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #5,960 of 6,622
I just got an OTA firmware update to my R6. New firmware version is reported as 1.20GBeta. Hiby Music app version 1.4.0

I don't recall everything the notes reported as new but the notable ones I remember are:

* Support for Idle shutdown added to the battery settings
* Support for USB in -> R6 -> Bluetooth out added

There was more but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was and I can't seem to find the release notes again (it was on the Wireless update screen when the update was downloading but not there now that the update has been applied).

May 31, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #5,961 of 6,622
I did the factory reset in settings. No luck. Restarted it a few more times. No luck. I did figure out that there not battery drainage. The play button must get bumped when I stick it in my headphone case, as it was playing when I pulled it out, and I just hit pause and it's been fine since. So, just the SE issue. Isn't there some rep here? Joe? Maybe that's Fearless.

I am not sure I understand everything that you are saying but there is an option in settings to lock the buttons when the screen is off. That's what I use to avoid accidental play in my pocket. The balanced mode does trash the battery quicker than advertised. If I get 5h in balanced mode, low gain, volume 33 I am happy (Tidal). I will update the R6 tonight maybe battery life will improve

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #5,962 of 6,622
Hi All!
I've read all 397pages really hard to be honest. Happy I did it and now I am owner of the red R6 from Amazon. Working perfectly after some tweaks.
I love sound from balanced output with my AKG N40 and Sennheiser hd650, also love my android auto integration.
Well done Hiby! Tidal and Qobuz work flawlessly, no wifi problems or bluetooth issues with my Sennheiser Momentum true wireless or Sony Wh1000xm3.
Looking forward to the future updates which I hope will polish software even more.
I have only one question where is some setting for DTA?
Hope all others enjoy R6 as I do.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your R6! :) There are no settings for DTA to engage, it just works (tm) (when it does :p ). You can see the actual sample rate being received by the DAC in the number on the notifications bar (e.g. 44K, 192K, 2.8M, etc.)

Hey guys,

So been enjoying my R6. Last couple times I used it though, the battery drained to zero over night from between 65 and 85. It seems to be stuck in "Balanced" mode and pushing out power even with no HP's in.

So to be clear--the player simply won't play through the regular 3.5mm port anymore?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #5,963 of 6,622
I just got an OTA firmware update to my R6. New firmware version is reported as 1.20GBeta. Hiby Music app version 1.4.0

I don't recall everything the notes reported as new but the notable ones I remember are:

* Support for Idle shutdown added to the battery settings
* Support for USB in -> R6 -> Bluetooth out added

There was more but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was and I can't seem to find the release notes again (it was on the Wireless update screen when the update was downloading but not there now that the update has been applied).

The full changelog:
1. Added the function of USB audio input -> R6 -> Bluetooth audio output
2. Supported R6 as a digital source from Bluetooth input
3. Added idle automatic shutdown function (Set option in Setting -> Battery)
4. Added user and account function in system setting (Available for some apps and Google Play)
5. Fixed other bugs (including some Bluetooth bugs)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #5,965 of 6,622
Glad to hear you're enjoying your R6! :) There are no settings for DTA to engage, it just works (tm) (when it does :p ). You can see the actual sample rate being received by the DAC in the number on the notifications bar (e.g. 44K, 192K, 2.8M, etc.)

So to be clear--the player simply won't play through the regular 3.5mm port anymore?

Hey Joe, yes. No sound through the SE port. It seems to be permanently stuck in balanced. I think the battery drain issue was just the play button getting pushed when i put it in my headphone case, but the balanced issue remains after a factory reset, and multiple restarts.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #5,966 of 6,622
Any idea how long will hiby take to repair r6? I'd sent my unit to repair the faulty 2.5mm port but they dont really give me any lead time for repair.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #5,967 of 6,622
Strangely my R6 drained itself over night too from about 85%. I charged it up yesterday afternoon and updated the firmware then went out for the evening letting it go to sleep. I picked it up to use while i cut the grass this afternoon and it was flat. It's done that since i started using a balanced cable and updated the firmware so i'll try unplugging the balanced cable this evening and see if it still has held charge over night

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #5,968 of 6,622
Strangely my R6 drained itself over night too from about 85%. I charged it up yesterday afternoon and updated the firmware then went out for the evening letting it go to sleep. I picked it up to use while i cut the grass this afternoon and it was flat. It's done that since i started using a balanced cable and updated the firmware so i'll try unplugging the balanced cable this evening and see if it still has held charge over night

I found 2 things, in the case I believe the buttons may have been getting bumped, but also that despite the software being set to "pause when headphones are unplugged," the R6 keeps playing after I unplug the headphones, and I have to manually pause it. I messed with it a lot the last 24 hours, and battery seems to be okay. However, it is still permanently stuck in balanced mode and won't engage the SE jack. Not the biggest deal when using my Sony XBA z5, as it sounds better out of the balanced jack, but my Dt 1770's are only SE.... plus it's only 6 weeks old.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #5,969 of 6,622
I found 2 things, in the case I believe the buttons may have been getting bumped, but also that despite the software being set to "pause when headphones are unplugged," the R6 keeps playing after I unplug the headphones, and I have to manually pause it. I messed with it a lot the last 24 hours, and battery seems to be okay. However, it is still permanently stuck in balanced mode and won't engage the SE jack. Not the biggest deal when using my Sony XBA z5, as it sounds better out of the balanced jack, but my Dt 1770's are only SE.... plus it's only 6 weeks old.

I've disabled the buttons while it's locked so i don't think they are having an affect. I may have left it playing something though so i'll be more vigilante about that later. My R6 does pause when i unplug the headphones and it switches between balanced and the normal head phone symbol when change IEM's. So your R6 does sound like it has an issue.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #5,970 of 6,622
oh, it definitely does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back