HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #5,387 of 6,622
So if I am playing music and the screen is off the buttons would not work.
Work or not work, depending on the new lockscreen button settings.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,390 of 6,622
Work or not work, depending on the new lockscreen button settings.
Thats what I mean. There is seemingly no change before and after the update. So what is point 3 of the brief on the update? It makes me wonder whether the update is just a placebo.

I hope some real changes and improvements are included. Can we have more info?

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #5,391 of 6,622
Thats what I mean. There is seemingly no change before and after the update. So what is point 3 of the brief on the update? It makes me wonder whether the update is just a placebo.

I hope some real changes and improvements are included. Can we have more info?
Sorry about that, I'll look it up first thing tomorrow morning >.<

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #5,392 of 6,622
The latest update keeps disconnecting bluetooth, then reconnecting, then disconnecting on an endless cycle.

The error message "com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping" giving you the options to "open app again" or "close" app. Clicking either does nothing to stop this endless cycle.

@Joe Bloggs please advise how to solve this issue. Thanks!

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #5,393 of 6,622
By the way, in Safe Mode, the same thing happens except the message on screen is "Bluetooth has stopped" whilst the endless on/off cycle plays out,

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #5,394 of 6,622
Could you please send me a link to the previous firmware. Thanks.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #5,395 of 6,622
The latest R6 firmware update displays 44.1k for all files streamed from Qobuz, Tidal, and through UAPP regardless of stream quality. mConnect plays 44.1k files correctly but all others are choppy and unlistenable. The Hiby app, however, seems to play local files correctly. Is there a way to revert to the previous firmware version? Everything was streaming correctly before.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,396 of 6,622
The latest R6 firmware update displays 44.1k for all files streamed from Qobuz, Tidal, and through UAPP regardless of stream quality. mConnect plays 44.1k files correctly but all others are choppy and unlistenable. The Hiby app, however, seems to play local files correctly. Is there a way to revert to the previous firmware version? Everything was streaming correctly before.
Confirmed, Tidal Masters is playing at 44.1khz now instead of 96.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #5,397 of 6,622
Confirmed, Tidal Masters is playing at 44.1khz now instead of 96.
I jumped the gun on UAPP though. Sorry. Tidal and Qobuz are streaming correctly through UAPP app.

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #5,399 of 6,622
Hey guys, just to let you know my search for portable headphones resulted in me buying 1More triple driver over ear. HP
They are great fed by R6, I'm quite surprised for an under 200 quid HP tbh.
Can't compete with my Elear HP or Noble iem, didn't expect them to, damn good though I'd certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a sealed foldable/portable HP.

I think I'll leave any R6 firmware update from what I've been reading, hope you all get sorted out. Do you think they are releasing firmware upgrades a little too quickly?

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #5,400 of 6,622
I didn't buy the MQA plug in on UAPP so for me MQA tracks are shown as 48khz.
Tidal app is 44.1khz no matter if it's streaming or a downloaded MQA song...
I bought the UAPP MQA plugin before Tidal allowed Masters on Android so I am seeing the first MQA unfold while using UAPP (96k or 88.2k). At the time, I wasn’t expecting Tidal to allow Masters on mobile.

Right now I am doing the Qobuz US beta as well and can confirm it works through UAPP but not natively through the Qobuz app under the latest 8.1 update.

I’m sure it will all get sorted out....just not until the Chinese Holiday is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back