HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 17, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #4,007 of 6,622
Probably you are using Apple Music current version 2.5 - it is not supporting by R6. Try the previous version 2.4.3. I had the same problem with my R6, but now is ok with v. 2.4.3. Do not forget to switch of auto update for Apple Music app.

hi, is it possible to downgrade to an older version using google play, and not have to install an apk?

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #4,010 of 6,622
Has anyone had any luck with 3rd party players - Black Player, Pulsar, etc? I had Black Player working for a few days and this morning the entire library is gone. Hiby player still works.

I have found that with many of these 3rd party players I have to go into ES File Explorer and rename the Album folder - then the music appears...

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #4,011 of 6,622
Probably you are using Apple Music current version 2.5 - it is not supporting by R6. Try the previous version 2.4.3. I had the same problem with my R6, but now is ok with v. 2.4.3. Do not forget to switch of auto update for Apple Music app.

Indeed. The Direct Transport Audio architecture is a nonstandard android feature so there's always going to be a few apps that don't play ball with it in the latest update until we update our firmware in response :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 17, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #4,012 of 6,622
Has anyone had any luck with 3rd party players - Black Player, Pulsar, etc? I had Black Player working for a few days and this morning the entire library is gone. Hiby player still works.

I have found that with many of these 3rd party players I have to go into ES File Explorer and rename the Album folder - then the music appears...

USB Audio Player is working fine for me. The only problem I see is that uploaded, different tracks, show up as separate albums even though I transferred them all in a single folder. I then have to add them to a separate playlist in USBAP in order to regroup them the way I uploaded them. Otherwise, it is the best of the bunch that I've tested, including Neutron.

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #4,013 of 6,622
In response to another question, here is an online copy of our warranty terms: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgblSkHRgmrmyAuiMWA
It is included in current copies of the user guide shipped with the R6 and R3.

And regarding the WiFi performance, again, users are encouraged to contact us for any problem regarding that and repair / replace the unit if necessary. With local distributors now appearing in more regions the repair / replacement process, if necessary, is easier than ever :)

--Joe

For disclosure, i do not own any Hiby products. I considered backing both the r6 and the r3 when they were crowd-funded. I didnt, mainly because i had already backed another product, the Seuin PRO-X (a disaster of a mess from the start, that most of the thousands of backers are still waiting to get a dime back from). I really like both the r6 and r3, and i have read every review that i can find, scoured both threads of both products, and still want to consider putting my money toward one of them.
But frankly, this warranty disturbs me even further than some user comments about issues. The company has obviously paid a decent lawyer to write it up, in the best legalese, to protect its own interests greatly, at the expense of the consumer.
It may mean nothing, if the company does indeed try to communicate with, help, and fix issues. But the intent indicates that you dont really have to do much of anything. (No. 15? Wow!)
I still like your products (from a distance). But i havent put my hard-earned money toward them yet, and will certainly wait longer to see if i should. At least the r6 sold on Amazon may have a return window through their own business model. Will the r3 be sold on Amazon as well?

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #4,014 of 6,622
For disclosure, i do not own any Hiby products. I considered backing both the r6 and the r3 when they were crowd-funded. I didnt, mainly because i had already backed another product, the Seuin PRO-X (a disaster of a mess from the start, that most of the thousands of backers are still waiting to get a dime back from). I really like both the r6 and r3, and i have read every review that i can find, scoured both threads of both products, and still want to consider putting my money toward one of them.
But frankly, this warranty disturbs me even further than some user comments about issues. The company has obviously paid a decent lawyer to write it up, in the best legalese, to protect its own interests greatly, at the expense of the consumer.
It may mean nothing, if the company does indeed try to communicate with, help, and fix issues. But the intent indicates that you dont really have to do much of anything. (No. 15? Wow!)
I still like your products (from a distance). But i havent put my hard-earned money toward them yet, and will certainly wait longer to see if i should. At least the r6 sold on Amazon may have a return window through their own business model. Will the r3 be sold on Amazon as well?

Sorry to disappoint you, I wrote all that up and I'm no lawyer :sweat_smile:

Since warranty terms are defined by the company in the first place, it is simply practical for the company to also hold the right of interpretation and modification. If we didn't, I would probably have been told to write a more restrictive set of warranty terms that's also 3 times longer to cover every eventuality. As it is, I guess your reaction is indication that I've gone overboard and could have written a much simpler set of terms, since we do hold the right of interpretation and modification :sweat_smile:

If anything, this clause also exists because of our lack of confidence in our non-lawyers' legal chops--it's there to cover for any possible mistakes in the term drafting that could lead to grave consequences for the company.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4,015 of 6,622
Well, you are right. It does disappoint me. In that you know enough of legalese to not give the purchasers of your product much confidence. And particularly that other actual customers of the products have directly asked for clarifications and help regarding issues, without any response, and yet you replied to me, who as i have stated, am not even a customer. Yet.

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #4,016 of 6,622
May 28, 2018
Is the warranty transferable?
Mike

Yes, it is transferrable as long as the relevant documents (purchase receipt etc.) are retained :)

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #4,017 of 6,622
Indeed. The Direct Transport Audio architecture is a nonstandard android feature so there's always going to be a few apps that don't play ball with it in the latest update until we update our firmware in response :sweat_smile:

Joe,

Do you know if Roon will work on the R6?

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,018 of 6,622
Yes, it is transferrable as long as the relevant documents (purchase receipt etc.) are retained :)
I would suggest you add that to your lengthy warranty language, especially since a crowdfunded project.
It was one of the main reasons I didn't buy a used one and purchased a different DAP.

Mike

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #4,019 of 6,622
USB Audio Player is working fine for me. The only problem I see is that uploaded, different tracks, show up as separate albums even though I transferred them all in a single folder. I then have to add them to a separate playlist in USBAP in order to regroup them the way I uploaded them. Otherwise, it is the best of the bunch that I've tested, including Neutron.
I am very satisfied with Rocketplayer on tje R6. Has all the functions I was looking for .
May be give it a try .

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #4,020 of 6,622
Had been using Black player, just because it showed the length of the album I was listening to. Generally listen to music at work so need to work out which albums fit in which session best. No point putting on an album thats over an hour if I'm not going to finish it etc. Would be quite happy with the built in hiby app if it a) had podcast/audiobook support (a common bug bear for me on mp3 players in this forum) b)displayed full album art when selecting the 1st track instead of having to get the art from the small window at the bottom and c)if it displayed the length of the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back