HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 24, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #3,856 of 6,622
Hiby R6 and Alpha&Delta D3 :)

Alpha-Delta-D3-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-AD-Photo-24.jpg

Alpha-Delta-D3-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-AD-Photo-22.jpg

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3,858 of 6,622
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #3,859 of 6,622
Having trouble playing an album in track order. Sometimes plays by title alphabetically, sometimes shuffled randomly. I know it is possible because I have done it, just don’t know how to do it consistently.

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #3,860 of 6,622
Having trouble playing an album in track order. Sometimes plays by title alphabetically, sometimes shuffled randomly. I know it is possible because I have done it, just don’t know how to do it consistently.

Yeah they have not tackled the Album playing correctly yet. i have mentioned to them a while back but I'm not sure if they have taken my advice seriously.
I think they play music on a track by track basis . So whether they actually change the playback system is a flip of the coin.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #3,861 of 6,622
Does anyone here know the wiring for for the coax out of the R6? I'm trying to digital out to a Chord Mojo and they both take 3.5mm coax which normally would be just a 4 pole to 4 pole connection but if it's wired like the Fiios where the polarity is backward then I'll need a fiio cable.

@Joe Bloggs Would you happen to know?

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #3,862 of 6,622
Does anyone here know the wiring for for the coax out of the R6? I'm trying to digital out to a Chord Mojo and they both take 3.5mm coax which normally would be just a 4 pole to 4 pole connection but if it's wired like the Fiios where the polarity is backward then I'll need a fiio cable.

@Joe Bloggs Would you happen to know?

I'm using the same Fiio coax cable I was using to connect the Mojo and it works like wonders

It is one like:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10CM-3-5...d-Mojo-L5PRO-FiiO-X7-4-pole-Plug/182278994549

Jun 26, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3,863 of 6,622
Does any body else get really nasty distortion out of the line out Jack? I still find it weird that we don't have a fixed line out volume. For me the volume distorts over 75 on line out. This is the only dap that I have to mess with the volume to get it working with my car stereo and portable amps.
Am I the only one?

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #3,866 of 6,622
Does any body else get really nasty distortion out of the line out Jack? I still find it weird that we don't have a fixed line out volume. For me the volume distorts over 75 on line out. This is the only dap that I have to mess with the volume to get it working with my car stereo and portable amps.
Am I the only one?
I also would prefer at least the option of a fixed line out. That’s a standard with almost all audio equipment. I don’t get distortion, but would rather not have to adjust the volume when connecting to external amps or powered speakers.

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #3,867 of 6,622
I also would prefer at least the option of a fixed line out. That’s a standard with almost all audio equipment. I don’t get distortion, but would rather not have to adjust the volume when connecting to external amps or powered speakers.

It was explained a few week back why it is variable and I believe the majority if people who responded actually like the variable output. I actually like having it variable. My R6 is connected to different amps between home and work for the and it's nice to have that flexibility

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #3,868 of 6,622
I'm using the same Fiio coax cable I was using to connect the Mojo and it works like wonders

It is one like:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10CM-3-5...d-Mojo-L5PRO-FiiO-X7-4-pole-Plug/182278994549

Awesome thanks, this answers my question. For anyone asking this question in the future and using the search function, the coax out polarity/wiring is like the fiio where the signal and ground is backward (see post #31399 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2094)

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,869 of 6,622
Yeah they have not tackled the Album playing correctly yet. i have mentioned to them a while back but I'm not sure if they have taken my advice seriously.
I think they play music on a track by track basis . So whether they actually change the playback system is a flip of the coin.
It's an option inside player, you need to choose the one with straight arrows"in sequence ".

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #3,870 of 6,622
It's an option inside player, you need to choose the one with straight arrows"in sequence ".
Could you provide more detail about how to do this? Where is the "in sequence"? I don't have a playlist, shuffle or loop play selected. At least I don't think I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back