HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 3, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #3,586 of 6,622
I've tried booting into it, it says "No Command".

I've reset the R6 now about 5 times, still reboots every 5mins...

I wonder if it's because the SD card is full?

Have you tried booting it without the sd card in it?

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,588 of 6,622
the album art is so random-some covers just dont match with the artist

If you go into Hiby app settings and change "Obtain cover art and lyrics autoamically" to off
also clear all custom cover records.

It really does not work well due to only using the track name and and not combining it with the album artists name.

I think they will sort it out in the furture.

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,589 of 6,622
I think that may well be true. But these two devices are 4-pole throughout, so I think they should work. I just got them and will probably be giving at least one of them a try this coming week. See if this link works better for you. I thought some people here might find these useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SPX8H6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought something similar on Aliexpress, and they did not work because the wiring for 3.5 and 2.5 TRRS is different. I bought this for 2.5 mm TRRS to 3.5 mm SE and it worked:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10RBPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For balanced to balanced you need something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Balanced-Female-Hi-end-Furutech/dp/B0108HJVG8

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #3,590 of 6,622
After an extensive search, I understand that 3.5mm (non-optical!) to 3.5mm coaxial digital cables are impossible to find!

But Moon Audio do do them, and I got a very nice Black Dragon 3.5 to 3.5 digital coaxial that works great between the R6 and a Hugo2.

If anyone knows of any other manufactures that make such a cable, please do chime in!

I bought one like this for my FiiO X5iii
https://www.ebay.es/itm/18227899454...0710&rk=1&rkt=2&sd=182278994549&ul_noapp=true

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #3,591 of 6,622
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #3,593 of 6,622
Is it possible to by the R6 from any UK/EU retailers yet?

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #3,595 of 6,622
Have you tried booting it without the sd card in it?

Hi, it looks like the R6 doesn't reboot continuously if the SD card isn't in it.

It's a brand new 400GB microSD! What.

I should also note that - I can't delete any items on the SD card when it's in the R6, but can delete whatever I want when it's connected to the PC.

Does this even support 400GB microSDs?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #3,596 of 6,622
My review on Hiby R6 is live now :)

If you're curious what Hiby's been up to, I invite you to read more about it!~

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/05/hiby-r6-true-android-power.html

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-02.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-08.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-29.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-18.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-06.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-01.jpg
Hi George,
I have just read your review, very nice and detailed review as always. Great work!!!!
I know you like brighter sound sig, how is the treble response of R6 (do you recommend it to someone like you) when compared to the likes of AKM DAPs DX150 and X5 3?
If there is one thing I hate about X5 3, it is the treble response.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #3,597 of 6,622
Hi, it looks like the R6 doesn't reboot continuously if the SD card isn't in it.

I should also note that - I can't delete any items on the SD card when it's in the R6, but can delete whatever I want when it's connected to the PC.
Know there are a lot of fake 256gb memory cards.. probably 400GB fakes too now... Might be worth testing card to be sure it's a real 400Gb card... Something I do with every card 128GB and over as soon as I receive, This test program, H2testw is an old one, but one that tests every portion of the card's memory. https://www.raymond.cc/blog/download/did/77/ Test will take several hours to run on a 400GB card ! Just an idea...

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #3,598 of 6,622

Does this even support 400GB microSDs?

I have a sandisk 400gb .
Format it slow using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
It may sort your issue out.

Also check out CactusPete's test.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #3,599 of 6,622
Hi George,
I have just read your review, very nice and detailed review as always. Great work!!!!
I know you like brighter sound sig, how is the treble response of R6 (do you recommend it to someone like you) when compared to the likes of AKM DAPs DX150 and X5 3?
If there is one thing I hate about X5 3, it is the treble response.

The treble of R6 is much better than that of X5-3 :)

By better, I mean much more neutral, natural and well expressed. In this aspect, X5-3 always came to me as a DAP that is too smooth, and I mentioned this many times in my review, even as a negative.

R6 is only slightly warm and slightly thick, without being more than a touch smooth, so you can expect a signature that is pretty neutral, at least with earphohnes and headphones that are of higher impedance. Since results may be those of a brighter sound if you're using a IEM or Headphone that has a really low impedance, I can't say if it doesn't become even more neutral, (given its high output impedance), but besides hiss, I haven't really noticed any kind of downside to that high output impedance, and I personally can't hear hiss while playing music anyways :)

If you're planning on getting a new DAP, the best choices from what I tried and reviewed so far are X7mkii, DX200, R6 and Opus #2, but each for a different reason :)

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,600 of 6,622
The treble of R6 is much better than that of X5-3 :)

By better, I mean much more neutral, natural and well expressed. In this aspect, X5-3 always came to me as a DAP that is too smooth, and I mentioned this many times in my review, even as a negative.

R6 is only slightly warm and slightly thick, without being more than a touch smooth, so you can expect a signature that is pretty neutral, at least with earphohnes and headphones that are of higher impedance. Since results may be those of a brighter sound if you're using a IEM or Headphone that has a really low impedance, I can't say if it doesn't become even more neutral, (given its high output impedance), but besides hiss, I haven't really noticed any kind of downside to that high output impedance, and I personally can't hear hiss while playing music anyways :)

If you're planning on getting a new DAP, the best choices from what I tried and reviewed so far are X7mkii, DX200, R6 and Opus #2, but each for a different reason :)
Thanks a lot George.
My budget is a little tight for DX200 or X7 II but looks like I will wait and get one of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back