HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 25, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #3,421 of 6,622
Will you have SD845 ver. in the future? I want something powerful like V30 but better audio. I'm willing to pay the premium. Thanks.

I wouldn't expect any company to put this processor in their DAP. I think not much people would be open to pay the price for a top processor.
I am one that would pay, but I got my Hiby today and the Snapdragon 425 with 3 GB of RAM has no issues. It's completely different of the garbage that Ibasso and Fiio put in their DAPs with that RK3188 processor.

I am really impressed with the speed of this device.

May 25, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,422 of 6,622
I got my Hiby today, and I am extremely pleased by the quality, de size, the rounded corner that makes the use very comfortable, the speed and simplicity of the operational system (Android), smoothness, the battery duration, the use of the USB-C to transfer files and charge. It's really the device of my dreams. Since many years. It would be perfect just if it accepted SIM CARD.
I have the Fiio X7 II, that is the second after the Hiby that I like, the Ibasso DX200, that I really hate the buttons and that piece on the right side that the buttons are located that goes "out" of the main part of the player and the tiny tiny buttons make the intuitive use impossible. The Onkyo DP-X1, that I like pretty much, but the completely square pointed format make the use really unpleasant.

Without Android I would consider a very good player the Lotoo Paw Gold, I think it makes a very good pair with the Hiby in size and usability.

Anyone know where I can buy a leather case for it?

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #3,423 of 6,622
I have a 400g sandisk in mine and OK.
If you haven't used one of these tray units, they can be tricky. Facing the front of the unit, the card comes up into the tray from underneath. You should note how the tray fits into the unit and which side is up. Taking the tray entirely out you'll discover how the card fits into the tray.

May 25, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #3,424 of 6,622
Sorry for the late reply. I'm consulting with engineers on your issues now, check your private messages inbox in a moment.

Best regards,
Joe

I'm now having the same problem ... After loading the SD card and formatting as Internal Storage, my R6 keeps recycling back to the Hiby Splash screen where it just hangs. Pressing and holding the Power button, finally after a minute or two, brings up the Power Off/Reboot menu but something is definitely wrong..

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #3,425 of 6,622
If you haven't used one of these tray units, they can be tricky. Facing the front of the unit, the card comes up into the tray from underneath. You should note how the tray fits into the unit and which side is up. Taking the tray entirely out you'll discover how the card fits into the tray.

I was able to get the card out, place it in the tray and then insert it. I then got the screen saying it was detected and asking how to format it. I choose as Internal Storage which it appeared to do okay but then all of a sudden everything started freezing as per my previous post.

May 25, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,426 of 6,622
I was able to get the card out, place it in the tray and then insert it. I then got the screen saying it was detected and asking how to format it. I choose as Internal Storage which it appeared to do okay but then all of a sudden everything started freezing as per my previous post.

I personally would not use an SD card as internal.
Your better taking it out reformatting and set it as external.

May 25, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #3,428 of 6,622

Never had a problem with them. The Fiio X5 III had a similar sd slot and worked fine.

May 26, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #3,429 of 6,622
May 26, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #3,432 of 6,622
You can reformat it as external (portable) with the R6 (under settings, storage) .

Thank you for the responses... Yes, I found that and did format the card as external. Now my problem is transferring. My workflow is to convert my Spotify Albums/Playlists to FLAC using TunesKit Spotify Converter and then transfer them using either Android File Transfer, or Commander One. However both of them choke with larger transfers and occasionally can't recreate a folder from the device to the storage card. I'm not sure why that is, yet. My background is entirely Mac based so learning to work with Android is challenging.

May 26, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,434 of 6,622
Thank you for the responses... Yes, I found that and did format the card as external. Now my problem is transferring. My workflow is to convert my Spotify Albums/Playlists to FLAC using TunesKit Spotify Converter and then transfer them using either Android File Transfer, or Commander One. However both of them choke with larger transfers and occasionally can't recreate a folder from the device to the storage card. I'm not sure why that is, yet. My background is entirely Mac based so learning to work with Android is challenging.

Best to take the card out and convert/transfer using your Mac. It's faster and more reliable.

May 26, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #3,435 of 6,622
This might be a stupid question but is there any "Hardware Lock" for the buttons? The play button (I think?) got bumped in my bag causing it to run down all charge overnight. That or I have battery issues. I suspect it was just playing music until dead.

I'd settle for:

1) An option to stop it playing at all when nothing is plugged in.
2) A way to make the start/stop button require a long press.
3) Just some easy way to disable buttons for when it's in my bag and bumpable.

Anyone got any options I can try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back