HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #2,581 of 6,622
I'm not sure if having your Sd card as internal is a good idea.

Yes it bumps up the internal memory but also slows it down.
Also if the SD card has a problem then Apps installed on the SD will be corrupted.

SD cards are more likely to fail if constantly reading and writing to.
If your music is only on the card then your mainly reading only.

I think the 32GB internal is enough for the apps.
good point, especially for a DAP where most won't install multigigabytes apps as some games. It's better to keep the opportunity to switch cards too.
My LG V20 corrupted its 200GB 'internal' SD card a few days ago, it's a PITA.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #2,582 of 6,622
There's an R6 on eBay at $550 best offer right now

It's stainless steel too I think

Buyer beware. May be one of those chinese editions that will have different firmware to the international release.

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2,583 of 6,622
Buyer beware. May be one of those chinese editions that will have different firmware to the international release.
Looks like it's already gone.

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #2,584 of 6,622
good point, especially for a DAP where most won't install multigigabytes apps as some games. It's better to keep the opportunity to switch cards too.

Ive had a 5th gen ipod with four 128gb Sd cards and its never had an issue.
two years of constant use and no problems yet.
I occasionally add albums and now its around half full.

I'm looking at the R6 to replace it but considering the playtime on the ipods large battery and Rockbox firmware its got to be good to take its place.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #2,586 of 6,622
Considering the current production rate, is there an estimate date for when the last of the R6 ordered on Indiegogo is expected to be shipped?
I'm interested in this model and I could pre-order it on musicteck as well, but I'm going to move in 2 months so if I decide to buy the R6 I would like to avoid having it shipped to the wrong location.

Is it possible to install Deezer and use offline mode?

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #2,587 of 6,622

So it sounds like I made a mistake when I transferred the internal drive to the SD card. How would I go about reversing that? Reboot the R6? Does it have a reset button?

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #2,588 of 6,622
You can format the sd card once more. See in android settings, look for storage. I dont have the device at hand right now.
About the corruption on my LG : it happened after almost one year with no issues. And it happened as my card reached more than 95% used space. I think those cards are better to stay if possible with more free space at their disposal (under 80% for example). After all SSD have wear prevention mechanism that keep free cells to replace bad ones. SD cards don't.
Also if you have the budget, choose pro series from samsung or extreme pro from sandisk instead of cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #2,592 of 6,622
C3387F26-7BE7-45A8-A1EA-37E8DE3297BB.jpeg
Oh to be able to photograph like HBB.

Apr 14, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #2,595 of 6,622
Undoubtedly we would have been at some of the same gigs! I do recall being asked to buy a collared shirt once to gain admittance to a show at the Camden tavern in 1991.
I wish! For my music tastes I was definitely born too late and undeniably missed out on the best gigs. Did happen to catch them play at St.Kilda festival 10 years ago, which sadly was the only time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back