HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2,057 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs

Thank you for your reply!

BTW, do you mean the usage of a 3.5mm mini toslink cable on both ends? Or say a 3.5mm mini toslink on the R6 end and a full size toslink on the Hugo 2 end?

Also, does this mean that the USB C output on the R6 will have the dreaded android ‘manipulation’?

The digital output of the R6 is coaxial digital (i.e. electrical signals not optical). The adapter cable provided in the package would connect the R6 and a device with a full sized RCA coaxial digital input directly but your Hugo 2 has a 3.5mm input. So get an adapter cable with a female RCA end and a male 3.5mm end.

To the second question, the system outputs USB audio at a fixed 96kHz to USB class 1 devices and 192kHz to USB class 2 devices. Which are all high quality formats but not the original one. So you could say that :frowning2: The HiByMusic app on the R6 of course can be set to output the original bits via USB.

I’m sorry (again!) but, I am not aware of any shipping questionnaire? Will it be emailed to me?

I have not received any either. I suppose we are going to receive one at some point?

@joebloggs I'd like to know this as well. Only time I've filled my address out was in the initial order.

Not aware of an email questionnaire either can some of the current R6 owners declare??

To this avalanche of identical questions I say, I must have got something wrong. Some backers did get this questionnaire but I'm probably mistaken in thinking that they're universal. I'll be back with further clarification tomorrow.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2,058 of 6,622
Not aware of an email questionnaire either can some of the current R6 owners declare??

I emailed Hiby about around the time I backed (late Jan) asking about the questionnaire but was told there wouldn't be a need to fill it in if you already put in your address when you placed your order which I did.

EDIT:

My email to them:
Hi, do I need to provide my shipping details? My order number is 731 and 732.

Their reply:
Hi Tan

If the shipping information on your indiegogo is correct, then no need to fill the survey, thanks

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,059 of 6,622
screenshot_20171226-205325.png
Yes, we are trying to come to grips with the Tidal issue, and we do intend to make MSEB available globally somewhere down the line.

Now, here's something you guys can help us with: those of you with tracks that stubbornly refuse to display embedded album art or a cover.jpg in the folder, can you send me one of those tracks in question through pm? Together with any external cover images you've tried to get the player to recognize.

:)

Do you plan to make the "Equalizer" available globally (so that it can be used to tweak the sound of Tidal Offline)?
Or do you only have plans to make the "MageSound 8-Ball" available globally (so that it can be used to tweak the sound of Tidal Offline)?

Take a look at the attached screenshot for reference .

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,060 of 6,622
It rather depends on when you handed in your answers to the shipping questionnaire.

I ordered a month ago and haven't seen anything about a questionnaire. I'm wondering if this is for initial backers? I did put my shipping and payment info into Indiegogo, so I was running under the assumption that a separate questionaire was perhaps no longer necessary. I'm quite a bit down the list at SS #831, so I'm not expecting anything soon, but I would like clarity on the questionnaire thing.

Edit: Ah, in the time it took me to type that, another comment did indeed answer my question :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #2,062 of 6,622
Mar 6, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #2,063 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs

Again, thank you for your reply- nothing like hearing it from the horse’s mouth!

OK, so we need to use the coaxial digital output to obtain the highest quality (bit perfect?) output from the R6.

FINAL QUESTION (!!!): do you (or anyone else reading this!) know of any audiophile grade cable manufacturer who makes a 3.5mm to 3.5mm digital coaxial cable???

(I am assuming i cannot use my existing 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable, RIGHT?)

(Just want to get all my cables in place before the R6 arrives! Even ordered a USB C to micro B OTG cable already! )

EDIT:

Found a cable manufacturer: Moon Audio. Only question now is: is the R6 3.5mm output a 2 pole or a 4 pole? And if its a 2 pole, should i get the 3.5mm that fits iBassos or the 3.5mm that fits Fiios?

EDIT 2:

Found some pictures of the R6’s 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable- looks clearly like a 4 pole 3.5mm. Do correct me if I’m wrong!

Now, just eagerly awaiting the arrival of SS #1075!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #2,066 of 6,622
Firstly, you guys are right about the questionnaire, specifically it was only sent out to initial backers and not those who bought during the current InDemand phase.

Now,

Do you plan to make the "Equalizer" available globally (so that it can be used to tweak the sound of Tidal Offline)?
Or do you only have plans to make the "MageSound 8-Ball" available globally (so that it can be used to tweak the sound of Tidal Offline)?

Take a look at the attached screenshot for reference .

It's too early to tell. It could be just the MSEB, a regular EQ could be part of it, or there might come everything plus the kitchen sink :D

@Joe Bloggs

Again, thank you for your reply- nothing like hearing it from the horse’s mouth!

OK, so we need to use the coaxial digital output to obtain the highest quality (bit perfect?) output from the R6.

FINAL QUESTION (!!!): do you (or anyone else reading this!) know of any audiophile grade cable manufacturer who makes a 3.5mm to 3.5mm digital coaxial cable???

(I am assuming i cannot use my existing 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable, RIGHT?)

(Just want to get all my cables in place before the R6 arrives! Even ordered a USB C to micro B OTG cable already! )

Hello Weider,

This will work: https://www.dysonaudio.com/products...hord-mojo-75-ohm-digital-jumper-trrs-ts-3-5mm

A regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable won't work--you need a special cable with 3 rings / 4 contact poles (TRRS) on the R6's end.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #2,067 of 6,622

Users who are viewing this thread

Back