HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 15, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #932 of 6,622
I've just tried to purchase one from Indiegogo as advised by Hiby on their Facebook page. It wouldn't accept England, UK, Great Britain or Jersey in the country box. I wasn't overly happy purchasing from a site I've never seen before, but it looks like the decision has been taken out of my hands.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #933 of 6,622
I've just tried to purchase one from Indiegogo as advised by Hiby on their Facebook page. It wouldn't accept England, UK, Great Britain or Jersey in the country box. I wasn't overly happy purchasing from a site I've never seen before, but it looks like the decision has been taken out of my hands.

Strange, anyone else from the uk had any issues ordering one from Indie gogo?

I imagine given time it will probably turn up on the likes of penon audio sooner rather than later anyway.

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #934 of 6,622
I tried again and managed to get it to accept "United Kingdom", but it said the estimated delivery date was March, but delays may occur.

So I've decided to wait until they have selected a UK distributor, because they say on Facebook "As for local distribution, the official answer is "we don't know yet".

Amazon.co.uk or Advancedpm3players.co.uk would be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #935 of 6,622
Darren, Indiegogo is not a shop. You're not purchasing a product.

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #936 of 6,622
8 hours worst case scenario is actually fantastic, to me anyway. Looking forward to hearing more of your impressions and of course, from Currawong.

I'm looking to pair my R6 with full sized headphones out of balanced port and noticed you have the T5p, which are one of the possibilities I had in mind. Any chance of a very brief impression of T5p from 2.5mm? Would be greatly appreciated!

Just did a quick test, T5p 2nd gen, TWag v3 balanced cable, mr speaker alpha dog earpads (my only T5p2 mod) - sounds better on high gain, tonality is a bit smoother, still revealing but a little more organic, and soundstage expansion is big, actually pretty good pair up.

Don't think I came across a bad pair up yet, and with multi-BAs where the tonality is off due to high output impedance, iEMatch fixes that problem.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #938 of 6,622
They are at 582% of their desired funding total. They are taking your money and are giving an approximate delivery date. So you must be purchasing something?

Technically and legally, no you are not. You are pledging funds to support production and delivery of a product. The actual delivery of that product is not guaranteed, and almost always the timeline slips, and there are issues with the initial deliveries. I don't think it will happen, but if the whole project fails for some reason, you could lose your money with likely no recourse. That's the trade off for the discounted price. I backed one IGG DAP, I won't do it again.

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #939 of 6,622
@Darren Cotter Don't you know that the money we spent was for Charity? :darthsmile: but seriously...they better deliver or I'll just use reverse my charge via Credit Card.

You can't you say?

Well I did, I've done it before with a failed Indiegogo campaign.
called up my bank (helps that I've been with them for 20 years) and explain to them that

1. IndieGoGo is a vendor
2. The item I ordered has not been delivered

Filed a claim of "non-delivery of services" Indiegogo protested, Indigogo lost.

Some people will say..."but but but..the terms of service say...."
shut up, there's ways around it.

But on a happy note, I think Hiby will deliver just fine.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #940 of 6,622
Technically and legally, no you are not. You are pledging funds to support production and delivery of a product. The actual delivery of that product is not guaranteed, and almost always the timeline slips, and there are issues with the initial deliveries. I don't think it will happen, but if the whole project fails for some reason, you could lose your money with likely no recourse. That's the trade off for the discounted price. I backed one IGG DAP, I won't do it again.

Ok, I understand know. I was always going to wait until they announced an official UK online retailer anyway.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #941 of 6,622
@Darren Cotter Don't you know that the money we spent was for Charity? :darthsmile: but seriously...they better deliver or I'll just use reverse my charge via Credit Card.

You can't you say?

Well I did, I've done it before with a failed Indiegogo campaign.
called up my bank (helps that I've been with them for 20 years) and explain to them that

1. IndieGoGo is a vendor
2. The item I ordered has not been delivered

Filed a claim of "non-delivery of services" Indiegogo protested, Indigogo lost.

Some people will say..."but but but..the terms of service say...."
shut up, there's ways around it.

But on a happy note, I think Hiby will deliver just fine.

Thanks for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back