HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 31, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #5,747 of 6,622
Well dumbed way down in this case.

I believe for a more detailed response, to wait till they start the work week is reasonable.

As always you have tried and I do appreciate it.

If they do honour you with a more 'sophisticated ' response do let me know.

For now, I will keep chrging at 30 percent mark and, hahaha, do mode switches for fun.

Cheers.
The real engineer doesn't have more info I can digest except that:
-it's newer units that were suffering from a battery curve mismatch (causing the battery to run out sooner than it should) until the option to choose between curves was presented in recent firmware.
-the new curve that would fit new batteries is presumably mode 2

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 1, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #5,748 of 6,622
The real engineer doesn't have more info I can digest except that:
-it's newer units that were suffering from a battery curve mismatch (causing the battery to run out sooner than it should) until the option to choose between curves was presented in recent firmware.
-the new curve that would fit new batteries is presumably mode 2
Thanks again for the reply.

My R6 was bought in Sept last year so would this be considered new batch?

Currently I am using mode.

In any case, I hope this "curve mismatch" can be addressed in upcoming updates. I am still hoping for a ipdate that can solve the album art issue that I raised few months ago.

Cheers.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #5,749 of 6,622
Do Qobuz & Tidal output true hires audio for the HiBy R6 and R6 pro?

Or is it down sampled to 44.1k or 48k?

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #5,750 of 6,622
Anyone here use Poweramp?

I upgraded to 8.1 over the weekend, and now I can't use the latest version of PA properly anymore.

Music only while connected to BT earphones and will be stuck at 1 second with wired headphones.

Other apps work fine and so did PA before I upgraded.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #5,751 of 6,622
Anyone here use Poweramp?

I upgraded to 8.1 over the weekend, and now I can't use the latest version of PA properly anymore.

Music only while connected to BT earphones and will be stuck at 1 second with wired headphones.

Other apps work fine and so did PA before I upgraded.
Check if there's any more updates available?

Poweramp working in OpenSL and AudioTrack modes for me here with DVC off on the latest firmware.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 1, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,752 of 6,622
Check if there's any more updates available?

Poweramp working in OpenSL and AudioTrack modes for me here with DVC off on the latest firmware.

I'm using the latest version. I ended up turning off all the automatic headset options, which worked.

Now I'm noticing that if my headphones are plugged in before I open the app, that's when I have issues playing songs. (They just don't go past 1 second). Weird.

@Joe Bloggs actually turning the dvc off was a better fix.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #5,753 of 6,622
Successful back glass repaired at home, thanks Joe again for the info about the wires that were taped to the glass.

A few words of caution to everyone who does this in the future, there is ALOT of glue/tape holding the back glass in from factory. A suction cup might work better if you have a heat gun but I didn’t have suction cups so I used a hair dryer, a small flat head screwdriver and ceramic tweezers. I ended up using double sided tape meant for phones and tablets to re adhere the back glass. Also the glass chips and creates a lot of dust, have a vacuum ready! Otherwise a very straight forward process.

628E86DE-A20D-4EC4-A791-55B016C0B8B5.jpeg
342CE2FF-6F1D-4A18-BFA3-5B5815471943.jpeg

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #5,758 of 6,622
Did you loose all your other downloads (175 GB is a fair few to do again!!) ?!
Oh, I have a great news, but you won't like it, because it is great by the volume...loss.

I didn't make it, I mean I was forced to delete the previous Tidal app to replace it with the new one (downgraged ver.) as the update with downgraded ver wasn't possible. But I didn't have 175GB of music, and I have 10MB/sec speed channel.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #5,760 of 6,622
No worries, it made a big difference to me, just glad it helps others

Yes it would indeed be nice to have the latest version of TIDAL working correctly instead of using an old version.

Here's hoping MQA and Hiby can sort this out for us as TIDAL seem to have washed their hands of it :frowning2:

I will chase TIDAL again today though just to annoy Ashley !! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back