HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 20, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #3,286 of 6,622
r6  clear.JPG
Pretty good combo.

May 20, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #3,287 of 6,622
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 20, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #3,288 of 6,622
I posted about this earlier, but are you guys planning to make it so the Hiby player stops cropping album art images that are not perfectly square? A lot of my music is from old video games (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, et cetera), and I like using the boxes those games came in as the album art; which are usually rectangular in shape, and for some reason are heavily cropped when shown in the Hiby player.

May 20, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,292 of 6,622

Pretty good combo.
Are those the Focal Clear phones? Cable is SE or Balanced? I have the Elex from Massdrop and it came with XLR and 1/4inch cables. No SE 3.5. Maybe those are custome cables?

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #3,293 of 6,622
Are those the Focal Clear phones? Cable is SE or Balanced? I have the Elex from Massdrop and it came with XLR and 1/4inch cables. No SE 3.5. Maybe those are custome cables?

Yes. Two SE cables and one XLR balanced included.

https://www.focal.com/headphones/clear/

CLEAR
ACCESSORIES SUPPLIED
  • Hard, elegant carrying case with storage for one cable
  • 3 cables:
    1 x 1.2m with 3.5mm stereo jack for connection to audiophile portable devices
    1 x 3m with 6.35mm stereo jack connector
    1 x 3m with XLR 4 pin symmetrical connector

May 20, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #3,294 of 6,622
R6 firmware update changelog
1. Added button deactivation options during lockscreen;
2. Added volume limit option;
3. Updated HiByMusic R6 professional version:
3.1 Added HiByLink server option in WiFi network (please update smartphone's HiByMusic to newest version);
3.2 Various bug fixes;
3.3 Added function to display image of any filename as album cover (as opposed to only cover.jpg or folder.jpg)

I'm hoping 3.3 in particular will fix some problems people have been having with album art. However there are other issues related to the album art display that I have been made aware of and that we are working on.
Hello Joe, can I flash firmware of international version into China version?

May 20, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #3,295 of 6,622
Quick impressions. Received my Stainless R6 a few days ago. Experienced problems with my S@ndisk uSD card: changed to S@msung which worked perfectly. Playing through Cardas A8’s via balanced: the sound has improved after the first few hours. Tried my UE900s and Westone 4R via balanced and all sound very good. No apparent issues with output impedance notedby others. As to the sound, comparing with my AK 120ii, I feel theR6 is possibly better. I notice increased resolution and better tone and PRAT. WiFi connection is fast, I do notice lower signal level compared to a smartphone, but no issues. The device is fast and I love the weight of the stainless. Bravo HiBy!

May 20, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #3,297 of 6,622
I posted about this earlier, but are you guys planning to make it so the Hiby player stops cropping album art images that are not perfectly square? A lot of my music is from old video games (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, et cetera), and I like using the boxes those games came in as the album art; which are usually rectangular in shape, and for some reason are heavily cropped when shown in the Hiby player.

Cropped album art always bugged me too. The bottom controls don't need to be that big, you can redesign the play and seek a bit to allow the full album art in its glory.
@Joe Bloggs

May 20, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #3,298 of 6,622
Cropped album art always bugged me too. The bottom controls don't need to be that big, you can redesign the play and seek a bit to allow the full album art in its glory.
@Joe Bloggs
Unfortunately, that wouldn't help with album art that's oriented horizontally; you'd still get chunks chopped off of the left and right sides. I'd be okay if they just resize the album art to fit within the box they've given it, and kept its original aspect ratio.

May 21, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #3,299 of 6,622
hi there
I cannot get OTA update, I am still stuck with1.17beta , how can I get 1.19G ?
where is the file I can download and update via local

Your firmware version is 1.17beta, for what I know, this is for China version, not for the Indiegogo international version. If your R6 is China version, your can't get the 1.19G as this updae is for the international version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back