HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #2,162 of 6,622
Finally finished my Hiby R6 review. Per everyone's requests, I have close to 20 pair-up examples in there (with and w/o iEMatch), lots of comparison, and other in-depth stuff.

Enjoy the read: HIBY R6
Great write up, @twister6. One thing missing there is comparisons against WM1Z/A and SP1000. I know they are in a different price range. But I'm very curious about these comparisons because I have been looking for a good open-Android DAP. I would greatly appreciate if you enlighten me with a short paragraph comparing R6 with WM1Z/A and SP1000. Thank you!!

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,163 of 6,622
Great write up, @twister6. One thing missing there is comparisons against WM1Z/A and SP1000. I know they are in a different price range. But I'm very curious about these comparisons because I have been looking for a good open-Android DAP. I would greatly appreciate if you enlighten me with a short paragraph comparing R6 with WM1Z/A and SP1000. Thank you!!

They are not just in a different price range, but in a whole different sound performance class. It makes no sense to compare these because I doubt anybody would be deciding to either buy R6 or WM1Z/SP1000. But it's quite realistic that some, like yourself, will be looking for a small lightweight android dap on-the-go with lots of sound customization options to use in addition to a flagship reference DAP which they can use at home while sitting down on a couch.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,164 of 6,622
They are not just in a different price range, but in a whole different sound performance class. It makes no sense to compare these because I doubt anybody would be deciding to either buy R6 or WM1Z/SP1000. But it's quite realistic that some, like yourself, will be looking for a small lightweight android dap on-the-go with lots of sound customization options to use in addition to a flagship reference DAP which they can use at home while sitting down on a couch.
Great review Alex. How about someone who is torn between the zx300 and the R6. the price point very close with the SS version i would say.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,165 of 6,622
I see. So R6 is in a totally different class from WM1S/SP1000... That answers my question. Thank you!!

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,166 of 6,622
I have a KANN and had a SP1000 (returned it), when I get my R6 I’d be happy to write a short comparo.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #2,167 of 6,622
Great review Alex. How about someone who is torn between the zx300 and the R6. the price point very close with the SS version i would say.

only heard ZX300 briefly at canjam, and by memory these have more similarities when it comes to a sound quality. Here, the biggest deciding factor will be Android support and access to apps/streaming.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #2,168 of 6,622
Finally finished my Hiby R6 review. Per everyone's requests, I have close to 20 pair-up examples in there (with and w/o iEMatch), lots of comparison, and other in-depth stuff.
Great review!

Mar 18, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #2,169 of 6,622

Great review. The exhaustive effort you undertook on avec/sans IEMatch impressions...wow

One thing I’m puzzled by. Clearly the R6 is not going to go up against a current TOTL from AK/Sony etc. But I’m guessing with the rate of improvement in SQ of DAPs over the last few years, you wouldn’t need to go too far back in time to find a past TOTL that the R6 now rivals? What might that be in your opinion?

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #2,173 of 6,622

Great review Alex! I just pulled the trigger on the iEMatch 2.5 to make sure I have all my bases covered.:ksc75smile:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #2,174 of 6,622
Yeah, kind of wondering if there's anyone who actually will get the iematch 3.5.... can't quite think of a scenario I'd rather go unbalanced.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #2,175 of 6,622
Yeah, kind of wondering if there's anyone who actually will get the iematch 3.5.... can't quite think of a scenario I'd rather go unbalanced.

Battery saving, maybe? The R6 runs an hour or two longer through the SE output :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back