HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Dec 5, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #1,652 of 1,971
Does anybody else experience intermittent skipping/interruption (usually five seconds or so into a track) using the Hiby Music app on the R6 2020? I also experienced this on my R6 Pro and find it extremely curious. Could I just be missing something fairly simple e.g. settings etc that might be the cause? SD card is good and other players like Neutron play tracks perfectly with no skips so not a deal breaker but I'd really like to understand what the issue is. If other people are experiencing this then obviously it's likely an app issue, which I suspect it is, and preferable to a device issue!

@Joe Bloggs - any ideas on this?
I did not notice any skipping issues playing DSD, MQA or FLAC tracks with HiBy Music app in my R6 2020. However, when playing MQA tracks there is some delay (a second or two) when changing from 48 kHz to 768 kHz (probably due to MQA unfolding) as well as an annoying 'pop' noise. It is even more noticeable in music streaming apps like TIDAL HiFi. I have the latest firmware updated a few days ago. Anyone has this problem of click/pop noises when changing or skipping between MQA tracks?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,653 of 1,971
I did not notice any skipping issues playing DSD, MQA or FLAC tracks with HiBy Music app in my R6 2020. However, when playing MQA tracks there is some delay (a second or two) when changing from 48 kHz to 768 kHz (probably due to MQA unfolding) as well as an annoying 'pop' noise. It is even more noticeable in music streaming apps like TIDAL HiFi. I have the latest firmware updated a few days ago. Anyone has this problem of click/pop noises when changing or skipping between MQA tracks?
Thanks for your reply. All my music is ALAC so I'm wondering if the Hiby app has a problem with them. As I say, other players like Neutron and Poweramp work fine with no skips so will continue to use those as I have a large enough library that I wouldn't want to change it from ALAC.

Dec 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #1,654 of 1,971
Thanks for your reply. All my music is ALAC so I'm wondering if the Hiby app has a problem with them. As I say, other players like Neutron and Poweramp work fine with no skips so will continue to use those as I have a large enough library that I wouldn't want to change it from ALAC.
OK, I have a few ALAC files. I will test it. FYI, Apple Music streaming app works flawlessly at full high resolution with HiBy R6! FiiO players have problems with this app to play high resolution files...

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #1,656 of 1,971
R5 Saber vs Fiio m11 sound wise? i like smooth slightly warm sound

A good question for FiiO M11 or Hiby R5 thread, so anybody who has both can answer it to you :wink:

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #1,658 of 1,971
Anyone has experienced in R6 2020 'pop' noises after a second or two to change music resolution (kHz, MQA unfolding??)when playing MASTER quality songs in Tidal app? It's quite annoying...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,659 of 1,971
Anyone has experienced in R6 2020 'pop' noises after a second or two to change music resolution (kHz, MQA unfolding??)when playing MASTER quality songs in Tidal app? It's quite annoying...
I have the same problem with Hiby Music App. Not only for MQA but FLAC file changing khz, eg: 96k to 44.1, 44.1 to 192, etc... This happens ever since day one and the latest firmware update doesn't resolve it.

Have no issue with Poweramp and Neutron.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,660 of 1,971

You are probably referring to relay click pop as it switches between 44.1kHz vs 48kHz base frequencies. That is normal.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #1,661 of 1,971
You are probably referring to relay click pop as it switches between 44.1kHz vs 48kHz base frequencies. That is normal.
Normal? But it doesn't happen to other music app even though playing the same file to file. It's kind of annoying and sometime it was loud that it ruined the music listening experience :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,662 of 1,971
Normal? But it doesn't happen to other music app even though playing the same file to file. It's kind of annoying and sometime it was loud that it ruined the music listening experience :frowning2:

I meant "normal" as in I don't think it's a hardware problem with your R6 2020.

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #1,664 of 1,971
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been gone over already.
Does anyone know where I could find screen protectors (glass or film, doesn't matter) for the R6 2020? I managed to find one back when I got mine, but can't find anywhere now.. Would some other DAP's screen protectors also fit and if so, which ones?
Cheers

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,665 of 1,971
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been gone over already.
Does anyone know where I could find screen protectors (glass or film, doesn't matter) for the R6 2020? I managed to find one back when I got mine, but can't find anywhere now.. Would some other DAP's screen protectors also fit and if so, which ones?
Cheers
You can get universal protector sheets and cut to size if you can't get a direct replacement.

Shameless Plug.
Selling my R6 2020 in the classifieds and I can honestly say it the best non-kilobuck player I've experienced. Christmas pricing. :ksc75smile: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/hib6-r6-2020-black-leather-and-clear-cases.16639/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back