HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 19, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,247 of 1,970
Hi Guys. Had my R6 2020 (International version) for a couple months now...also have the R6 Pro. Love them both.
Unfortunately, it seems my 2020 just died.
The unit is functioning as normal...but...it is suddenly outputting NO music ....from any of the ports. I have swapped over to different IEM's and different headphones...no power output at all. Output not present regardless of what app I am using. At any volume setting. It seems as though the amp has just died.
The unit has not had ANY misuse..I look after all my gear with great care.
I have also tried a complete factory reset. This has not worked either.
Has this happened to anyone else here?
I purchased directly from HIBY...so I've emailed them advising them I need to return unit to them. I hope they look after me. Will let you know how I go.
I have the same after 2 weeks of use. And it's took 3 months to get it back. Hiby has very bad customer service.

Apr 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #1,248 of 1,970
Apr 21, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #1,249 of 1,970
Are you sure you need 768KHz/32-bit audio files?

The great audio myth: why you don’t need that 32-bit DAC (scientific explanation)

https://www.androidauthority.com/why-you-dont-want-that-32-bit-dac-667621/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversampling
Not at all the point and didn't read because I don't need to. I hear a qualitative difference up to 24/192 actual file sizes and generally don't care for upsampling in general but there's a reason DACs tend to run at those higher frequencies. I just happened to prefer the character of UAPP player when it upsampled to 384khz. Never claimed it actually offered more information. 24 bit is also more important to me than the sampling frequency. Note that I never mentioned anything about 32bit word length. Floating point 32 and 384khz are useful when mastering but that's about it for me.

Anyway, a discussion for elsewhere and not something I'm looking to argue with the zealots that would participate there.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #1,250 of 1,970
On another note. I'm currently using uapp player with 'min phase slow roll' filter with Comply tips on S8 and 4 core silver litz cable. Sounds great. So much of this is finding a good voicing. The reason that I instantly knew I'd like the Hiby is because it's very informative without any major sonic flaws or sig. At that point I knew I'd be able to find a good voicing.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #1,251 of 1,970
Anyone know how to put the volume buttons on the side, instead of it being the next play buttons? The volume bar on this is extremely annoying while trying to lower it and standing up....

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #1,253 of 1,970
Does anyone know of another Android based DAP that has a system wide equalizer that can be used on ALL apps (eg Tidal) like the R6 can with its MSEB equalizer... That is, for me, hands down my favorite thing about the R6. I know you can do it (EQ Tidal) with UAPP ...but its finicky...cant use it offline with Tidal etc. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas....

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #1,254 of 1,970
Does anyone know of another Android based DAP that has a system wide equalizer that can be used on ALL apps (eg Tidal) like the R6 can with its MSEB equalizer... That is, for me, hands down my favorite thing about the R6. I know you can do it (EQ Tidal) with UAPP ...but its finicky...cant use it offline with Tidal etc. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas....

The Sony Android DAPs have system-wide eq. But, please research as Sony DAPs are somewhat different in their approach to things.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,255 of 1,970
You are probably already aware, but you may be able to use generic Android apps like Wavelet (for Android 9.0 and up) and RE equalizer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiseschematics.reeq01&hl=en_US&gl=US). There are limitations on what apps you can use them with, although RE seems to work on most.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,257 of 1,970
You are probably already aware, but you may be able to use generic Android apps like Wavelet (for Android 9.0 and up) and RE equalizer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiseschematics.reeq01&hl=en_US&gl=US). There are limitations on what apps you can use them with, although RE seems to work on most.
Yes...thanks mate, appreciate your help here....but been down those roads...they do work (mostly). ....but the Hiby system wide EQ is killer. Really would like to get on board and explore some other daps...cheers

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,258 of 1,970
I've sent it off...hoping it wont take 3 months...First problem I've had with the Hiby's..had R6, The Pro and now the 2020. Fingers crossed.
my experience - i sent r3 for repair, took about 2-3 weeks to get there (from midwest USA), and after a week or two of "repair", they're sending back today. we'll see how long it takes to get back to me (but from previous experience if they use standard shipping, shouldnt be more than 1-2 weeks either), so no more than 1.5-2months turnaround for me

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #1,259 of 1,970
Anyone notice the battery occasionally draining over night?

I often fall asleep listening to audiobooks, before I go to sleep I close all other apps, turn off the wifi and bluetooth if they are on, and set a timer on the audiobook so it turns off after an hour or so. Normally, when I wake up a bit of battery has been drained but a few times now the battery has drained to 2% for no obvious reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back