HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 10, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #1,216 of 1,971
So is it better to use uapp or the hibby music app ?
First time dap user here

Apr 10, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #1,217 of 1,971
So is it better to use uapp or the hibby music app ?
First time dap user here
I guess it depends largely on personal preference. I use them both, but to my ears UAPP is a tad more enjoyable. On the other hand, Hiby app is a bit better integrated, for example when I pause playback on UAPP with the side buttons and then want to resume after a few minutes, sometimes the buttons won't work with UAPP unless I open the screen and resume that way.

Apr 12, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #1,218 of 1,971
I have some local 44.1k files but Hiby New R6 plays it at 48k always (shown on notification bar as well). Is that normal or where can it be set to play at the original bitrate of 44.1k? Should I just ignore it and it's not an issue?

Apr 12, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,219 of 1,971
I have some local 44.1k files but Hiby New R6 plays it at 48k always (shown on notification bar as well). Is that normal or where can it be set to play at the original bitrate of 44.1k? Should I just ignore it and it's not an issue?
My device does not do this. My 44.1kHz files play as-is. What app are you using for playback (the native HiBy app, UAPP, something else?). It sounds like maybe you have upsampling turned on somewhere. And are you completely sure that the files aren't actually 48kHz?

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #1,220 of 1,971
My device does not do this. My 44.1kHz files play as-is. What app are you using for playback (the native HiBy app, UAPP, something else?). It sounds like maybe you have upsampling turned on somewhere. And are you completely sure that the files aren't actually 48kHz?
I only use native Hiby app and am sure those are 44.1khz files. Someone told me not to use those plug-ins (probably this is the root cause where it does upsampling all 44.1khz files to 48khz automatically) and do a factory reset. I have been using those plug-ins and should probably do a reset and see if it helps.

Well, on the other hand, is there any disadvantage that the player upsampling all 44.1khz files to 48khz as a default?

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #1,221 of 1,971
I only use native Hiby app and am sure those are 44.1khz files. Someone told me not to use those plug-ins (probably this is the root cause where it does upsampling all 44.1khz files to 48khz automatically) and do a factory reset. I have been using those plug-ins and should probably do a reset and see if it helps.

Well, on the other hand, is there any disadvantage that the player upsampling all 44.1khz files to 48khz as a default?
I would disable the plugins and see what happens. As for disadvantages, one would be additional CPU strain, I would think.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #1,227 of 1,971
Hi Guys. Had my R6 2020 (International version) for a couple months now...also have the R6 Pro. Love them both.
Unfortunately, it seems my 2020 just died.
The unit is functioning as normal...but...it is suddenly outputting NO music ....from any of the ports. I have swapped over to different IEM's and different headphones...no power output at all. Output not present regardless of what app I am using. At any volume setting. It seems as though the amp has just died.
The unit has not had ANY misuse..I look after all my gear with great care.
I have also tried a complete factory reset. This has not worked either.
Has this happened to anyone else here?
I purchased directly from HIBY...so I've emailed them advising them I need to return unit to them. I hope they look after me. Will let you know how I go.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,230 of 1,971
So I've had some back and forth with Davey from UAPP about why the integer upsample stopped working on UAPP with the R6. In the last update they revised the Hiby version to upsample to as high as 768 khz (was 384khz before that) since Hiby claims native playback of 768khz files. Apparently the Hiby is not accepting 768 pcm as claimed. This is not a huge deal but I suspect that the capability is in the hardware and advertised so maybe in the the next Hiby FW update... I don't have a 768khz file to absolutely confirm this but it appears to be the case. If someone has a file , I'd be happy to try it.

Now that UAPP is aware, they will correct back to 384khz as the top upsample frequency on their next tweak unless Hiby corrects 1st.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back