HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Dec 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,666 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been gone over already.
Does anyone know where I could find screen protectors (glass or film, doesn't matter) for the R6 2020? I managed to find one back when I got mine, but can't find anywhere now.. Would some other DAP's screen protectors also fit and if so, which ones?
Cheers
You can get universal protector sheets and cut to size if you can't get a direct replacement.

Shameless Plug.
Selling my R6 2020 in the classifieds and I can honestly say it the best non-kilobuck player I've experienced. Christmas pricing. :ksc75smile: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/hib6-r6-2020-black-leather-and-clear-cases.16639/

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #1,667 of 1,906

elementze

Head-Fier
This device continues to surprise me with it's flexibility and feature set. The one I use more than I thought I would is as a bluetooth receiver. Nice feature for on-the-go movie watching from an iPad.

Anyone else find an iematch makes a big difference on the balanced output?

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #1,668 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
This device continues to surprise me with it's flexibility and feature set. The one I use more than I thought I would is as a bluetooth receiver. Nice feature for on-the-go movie watching from an iPad.

Anyone else find an iematch makes a big difference on the balanced output?
It will definitely make a change but also lower the damping factor like an inline resistor. It's not impedance neutral as claimed but if it works for you, there's nothing wrong with that. :relaxed:

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #1,669 of 1,906

elementze

Head-Fier
It will definitely make a change but also lower the damping factor like an inline resistor. It's not impedance neutral as claimed but if it works for you, there's nothing wrong with that. :relaxed:
Most of my IEMs end up running on low gain, volume at ~35. With iematch I get mid range ~50 volume. Could be "just in my head", but I think this sounds better. I should get someone to do a blind test for me, see if I can really perceive a difference...

Dec 20, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,670 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
Most of my IEMs end up running on low gain, volume at ~35. With iematch I get mid range ~50 volume. Could be "just in my head", but I think this sounds better. I should get someone to do a blind test for me, see if I can really perceive a difference...
It very well might. Some IEMs benefit from a lower damping factor but if iem match was perfect it would sound exactly the same with a lower noise floor. There's really no advantage to a higher volume position on an R6. I believe the V control so completely non destructive and operates a constant impedance resistor chip before the amp stage.. I like it best in medium gain because like every player I've tried, it appears the damping goes down as the gain goes up and med works for me on this one. will change by what you're driving and what it prefers. Always made me suspect gain is done with feedback. Not an issue for how fast these circuits are but you can hear subtle differences. If it sounds a little tight and noise isn't an issue, you could also just try a higher gain.

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #1,671 of 1,906

Seld

Head-Fier
Hi all!
I take up some reports already made by others.
On HibyMusic App it is not possible to browse the library of FLAC files on folders shared via samba or dlna ... any solution?

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #1,673 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all!
I take up some reports already made by others.
On HibyMusic App it is not possible to browse the library of FLAC files on folders shared via samba or dlna ... any solution?
Not having issues with any files in my network. See them both in network folders and served up.

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #1,674 of 1,906

Seld

Head-Fier
I'm sorry if I'm so precise in asking: do you have FLAC files in a folder of a network hd and the HibyMusic app sees and reads them?
if yes ... where have I been wrong for a week?
thank you

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #1,675 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sorry if I'm so precise in asking: do you have FLAC files in a folder of a network hd and the HibyMusic app sees and reads them?
if yes ... where have I been wrong for a week?
thank you
No FLAC but untagged wav files are no problem via a few different server apps. Do you have a server pointed at the files? I doubt they're supposed to show or play without a music server. Beyond that, can't help.

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,676 of 1,906

Seld

Head-Fier
No FLAC but untagged wav files are no problem via a few different server apps. Do you have a server pointed at the files? I doubt they're supposed to show or play without a music server. Beyond that, can't help.
Thanks for your check.
The problem is with the FLAC files. For what I know is related to the MIME type of the FLAC files.
I have nearly 2TB of music library in FLAC... don't want to convert them anymore.
I tried every way: a simple samba sharing, a DLNA sharing, with or without a music server... but the FLAC are not seen by the HibyMusic App... while they're well managed by other apps. This is so strange and frustrating... mostly because all the others apps are ok.

Dec 20, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #1,677 of 1,906

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks for your check.
The problem is with the FLAC files. For what I know is related to the MIME type of the FLAC files.
I have nearly 2TB of music library in FLAC... don't want to convert them anymore.
I tried every way: a simple samba sharing, a DLNA sharing, with or without a music server... but the FLAC are not seen by the HibyMusic App... while they're well managed by other apps. This is so strange and frustrating... mostly because all the others apps are ok.
Never heard of this before. Maybe there's something exclusive about the settings at the source or the server you're using.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #1,678 of 1,906

Joe Bloggs

Member of the Trade: HiBy / EFO technologies Co
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Thanks for your check.
Well I'll try to get tye team to look at this again, but also we did spend a lot of time trying to ensure that other apps sound as good through the R players as the HiBy app...

Dec 20, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,679 of 1,906

GodEmperor

100+ Head-Fier
Well I'll try to get tye team to look at this again, but also we did spend a lot of time trying to ensure that other apps sound as good through the R players as the HiBy app...
please see my post here too
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-r6-2020-user-impressions.945843/post-16637199

didnt have much problems with samba other than connection issues, but dlna is hit or miss (see post for details). i ended up using minidlna since at least it can get the flacs, and i can play by folder, but not any other metadata options (all files, playlists, random, genre, etc) without a hard <1000 file limit (if at all)

forgot to add other players (neutron for example) and iOS/linux clients had no problem with dlna or filetypes. it's just hibyapp music player.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #1,680 of 1,906

Mellymelsr

New Head-Fier
I've had my R6 2020 for several weeks now. For most of my listening sessions it is mated to the 7hz Timeless. That is a heavenly combination. The pro's are too numerous to list. I know sound is subjective but the R6 is velvety smooth and lush to my ears. A clear upgrade in all aspects to my Hiby R3 Pro/Fiio Q3 combo which I really enjoy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread