HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
May 9, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #361 of 1,076
Regardless of what they think their return policy is, they are to be responsible for the return postage of your unit (and any other units we hear about, before they noted on their website that these are Chinese version) as well as a full refund (up front, after receiving confirmation that you have posted your unit using their provided postage) if they want to have any chance of ever becoming an official retailer. Since we never even sold these units to them in the first place, that's all the leverage I / we can make over the situation, unfortunately.
I see, i will see what they respond to this.
I already contacted them telling them about this issue and also obviously my disappointment. But they insist to wait for the manufacturer to reply to them.

May 9, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #362 of 1,076
A little. I love mine and bought from Musicteck, tremendous reseller by the way. I typically buy American first and avoid Chinese goods when possible because politically it’s right for me to support my country and because of situations such as this. Not Hiby’s fault but can be corrected. The R5G2 is simply an amazing device. It has so many attributes with minimal deficiencies. I’m able to spend what I want on a DAP but chose this one. I listen to music two to three hours per week is about all I have time for and felt purchasing something expensive for minimal gain was worth the gamble on this. I believed I had great sound before but I now realize these DAPS can do much more for us. My Cobalt sounds good, really good. My R5G2 is markedly better. My DD Iems sound less musical compared to my hybrid iems or Grado SR 125e’s. I’m going to purchase another set of iems to find my end game for the time being (defined as 5 years or if the unit fails). I haven’t started using it beyond wired home listening. After nearly purchasing an expensive AK model I’m relieved I waited for the R5G2. Obviously, I don’t care to be a professional reviewer but I know what sounds good and have since I was I child. Tolerating poor car, home, and personal audio is difficult and so many people settle. Great work Hiby!
My DD Fiio FD7 sounds particularly nice with this DAP.

May 9, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #363 of 1,076
My DD Fiio FD7 sounds particularly nice with this DAP.
Play around with that class a mode, it's real nice.

Might respond better to higher impedance iems.

May 9, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #365 of 1,076
It's great to have that option to choose between an already great sounding 30hr stuff and the magic sprinkled one for office/home usage.

May 9, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #368 of 1,076
OK, unfortunately upon testing my replacement unit, the 4.4mm balanced output has a very noticeable channel imbalance. 3.5mm output is fine. Hopefully it's a one-off problem but I encourage everyone to test their units thoroughly within the return/dispute period since even the best companies do not have 100% effective QC.

May 9, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #369 of 1,076
A little. I love mine and bought from Musicteck, tremendous reseller by the way.
Normally I would also rave about Andrew and Musicteck. I was a bit disappointed that when I had some battery issues with my R5 they had me go to the trouble of finding my original receipt, which I did, and then declined to help get it fixed. And yes I did buy it from them and was able to prove it.... Fortunately HiBy itself took care of matters for a reasonable price.

I am soon to receive an R5 Gen 2 and looking forward to doing a review. I really enjoy my original R5 (its the AKM version).

May 9, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #370 of 1,076
Normally I would also rave about Andrew and Musicteck. I was a bit disappointed that when I had some battery issues with my R5 they had me go to the trouble of finding my original receipt, which I did, and then declined to help get it fixed. And yes I did buy it from them and was able to prove it.... Fortunately HiBy itself took care of matters for a reasonable price.

I am soon to receive an R5 Gen 2 and looking forward to doing a review. I really enjoy my original R5 (its the AKM version).

Did u order the R5ii from Musicteck?

May 10, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #373 of 1,076
Here is my humble review of the Hiby R5 Gen 2 :

Pros:
- Class A Amplifier in a Portable DAP
- Bit perfect and full body sound reproduction from the Class A Amp
- Wide variety of jacks and ports to connect
- Hi-Resolution Wireless audio output with LDAC
- Dual DAC chips product Clean, analytical and linear sound
- Little to no distortion sound reproduction

Cons :
- Android 8.1
- Small on-board storage space of 16GB
- Finicky volume buttons, i wished it was a knob
- low resolution screen (sorry i am too used to looking at mobile phone screens)
- Thick and bulky
- DAP gets quite warm when the Class A amp is running

Please watch my video review here :

May 10, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #375 of 1,076
Here is my humble review of the Hiby R5 Gen 2 :

Pros:
- Class A Amplifier in a Portable DAP
- Bit perfect and full body sound reproduction from the Class A Amp
- Wide variety of jacks and ports to connect
- Hi-Resolution Wireless audio output with LDAC
- Dual DAC chips product Clean, analytical and linear sound
- Little to no distortion sound reproduction

Cons :
- Android 8.1
- Small on-board storage space of 16GB
- low resolution screen (sorry i am too used to looking at mobile phone screens)
- Thick and bulky
- DAP gets quite warm when the Class A amp is running

Please watch my video review here :

Nice review

This one is a positive for me, I won't buy a DAP with a volume wheel, want buttons

Its not thick for a DAP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back