Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #1,607 of 2,068
I've no problem with my R3 Pro when use as a DAP using iem connected to 3.5 mm jack. Did not try 2.5 mm yet. Is it better or much better?

I haven't noticed a difference in quality between 3.5 and 2.5 myself. Yes, the 2.5 is louder and able to drive high impedance/low sensitivity iems or headphones, but I don't need that with my portable gear...

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #1,610 of 2,068
Could that be why people think it sounds better?
Not exactly - people with more transparent headphones appreciate the balanced output, while people with warm/colored headphones don't feel much difference.
Of course, people with hard-to-drive headphones appreciate balanced output too.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #1,614 of 2,068
Hello all!

I bought Hiby R3 Pro Saber some weeks ago.
I uploaded some .flac music in it, all tagged with mp3tag.
When i use then H R3 PS, all works, classified by album but none of song titles are written, tags dont work for songs titles.
Can someone help me?
Thank you!

Aug 6, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,615 of 2,068
Hello all!

When i use then H R3 PS, all works, classified by album but none of song titles are written, tags dont work for songs titles.
Can someone help me?
Thank you!
Are you sure you tagged the files correctly - titles are in the title field?

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #1,616 of 2,068
How reponsive is the latest r3 pro saber when opening and browsing songs in Qobuz?

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #1,617 of 2,068
Hello all!

Can someone help me?
Thank you!
the player needs external cue files, sadly it ignores embedded cue for multi track files.

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #1,618 of 2,068
the player needs external cue files, sadly it ignores embedded cue for multi track files.

My flac files (not bin/cue) work just fine. Generally I tag with Musicbrainz Picard if there are issues with any of the tracks after ripping.

Aug 8, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #1,620 of 2,068
dont know how to elaborate here. i have a LOT of multi track flac files. they all have embedded cue sheets - which get ignored by the player. i went through quite some efford to find a convinient way to automatize the creation external cue files from files with embedded cue sheets.
if you have found a way for the player to recognize embedded cue sheets, please share your secret because at the very least adhering to the flac standard (using flac tools) did not work for me.
edit for clarification: single track flac are unaffected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back