Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,396 of 2,068
99% of my music files ale 16/24 bit FLAC.
Thank you for this advice : I bought a 512 GB Sandisk, put my original Flac files on it, and since encountered no crashes :)
R3 pro seems to have difficulties to handle OGG files, as the M0 handles the same files with no issues...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #1,397 of 2,068
Only other thing I can suggest is connect them to your iPhone, turn the volume to max (you may actually have to b er playing something), then disconnect (while at max volume) and then pair with the Hiby.

Also, I'm sure there's a thread -probably many- here on Head-Fi about Airpods Pro. Maybe someone there has found a solution for using them with devices that don't control Bluetooth volume?

Nope, I tried that and the volume is still too low on my Hiby R3Pro. I’ll just have to accept that the volume on the AirPods Pro aren’t supported on the Hiby R3Pro.

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #1,398 of 2,068
Hello, in "now playing" main screen, do song titles scroll if they are long enough to do not fit in the screen? I've seen a video where song title was cut and did not scroll, and another where it seems that the title only scrolls one time and then keeps cut.

Long song titles are still cut off, there is no scroll feature.

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,400 of 2,068
Hi all!
I ask a question which is actually a wish... Obviously addressed to Hiby guys :sunglasses:
R3pro Saber would fit all my needs (no Android, simple UI, good sound with Sennh HD, DAC mode, sd-card for my local files, etc etc) excepts for Apple Music streaming (I don't want to use my smartphone to stream for more than one reason).
Is there any plan to implement this service in the "near" future???

Thanks a lot!

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #1,401 of 2,068
Quick question from me.

Whenever I add any additional songs to my SD card the hiby has to go through the whole indexing process again for every single track.

Is this the only way to do it because it seems very inefficient. Not a massive deal just a first world prob.

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,402 of 2,068
Quick question from me.

Whenever I add any additional songs to my SD card the hiby has to go through the whole indexing process again for every single track.

Is this the only way to do it because it seems very inefficient. Not a massive deal just a first world prob.

I haven't found any other way either. At least it's pretty fast.

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #1,404 of 2,068
Hi everyone,

I've recently been trying out a Hiby R3 Pro Saber (and a Hidizs AP80). I've been using the R3 pro for about a day now.

I like the players a lot, but they have a lot of niggling little bugs. Since Hiby don't have a bug tracker, I've started a github repo where I've been collecting and documenting problems and potential UX improvements.

I invite you all to file and discuss issues there. Maybe we can get Hiby to fix some of these problems with firmware updates (?)

https://github.com/vext01/hiby-issues

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #1,405 of 2,068
Hello Owners of Hiby R3 Pro Saber,

My Fiio X5-3 is no more due to bulging battery and replacement battery almost zero chance to come by in my country….Needless to say I’m looking for a new dap which got sweet price. Shangling M3X avaialble but don’t want to spend that much price for DAP which lifespan limited to one battery.

Hiby R3 Pro Saber is perfect fit in between Shangling Q1 and M3X….My question as follows:

(1) Is it reliable ?
(2) Have the feature that called Folder Play ?
(3) Intended format to play .FLAC, .M4A, .ALAC, .APE etc from a 512GB Card ?
(4) Tidal Intigration works or just Gimmick ?
(5) Any QC issue ?
(6) Is there any Coax Out ?

Usally Going to play Chi-Fi IEM’s for Demanding headphone I will use Line Out function to Power Full Headphone AMP.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #1,406 of 2,068
Hello Owners of Hiby R3 Pro Saber,

My Fiio X5-3 is no more due to bulging battery and replacement battery almost zero chance to come by in my country….Needless to say I’m looking for a new dap which got sweet price. Shangling M3X avaialble but don’t want to spend that much price for DAP which lifespan limited to one battery.

Hiby R3 Pro Saber is perfect fit in between Shangling Q1 and M3X….My question as follows:

(1) Is it reliable ?
(5) Any QC issue ?

Usally Going to play Chi-Fi IEM’s for Demanding headphone I will use Line Out function to Power Full Headphone AMP.

I have a R3 Pro (non-Saber) bought in November 2019.

(1) Is it reliable ?
I have not had any issues at all with mine

Yes, you can play direct from folders. There is also a "play through folders" option.

Yes, it supports all of these formats

Tidal and Qobuz integration works fine, navigation and search is not as good as full Android app. Keypad is T9. Best to have saved favorites.

(5) Any QC issue ?
None.

yes, but need special cable: https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-type-c-to-3-5mm-gold-plating-coaxial-cable

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #1,408 of 2,068
I'm trying out the R3 Saber as a USB DAC and bought this AudioQuest 3.5mm to 2x RCA female adapter to make use of my RCA cables connected to an external amp. DAP is set to function as DAC with volume at 100% and voila... works a charm with Foobar WASAPI. Do I need to pay attention to anything else in the hardware or software settings?

I believe the R3 Pro has a line-out mode somewhere in the settings (rather than setting volume to 100%, although it may be the same result). I don't have mine with me to check.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,409 of 2,068
Thanks for the reply. I think you mean 'maximum digital volume out...' under Play settings? As far as I can tell the amount of volume is still leading with or without that setting. Seems I've already decided that it's too cumbersome to have things set up like this. I actually enjoyed the music more over the 2.5mm connection than 3.5mm / external amp.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,410 of 2,068
When using Tidal I am getting the error:
Playback failed! Error: -13

It happens sporadically and, interestingly, even on songs I can play otherwise fine.
When I try multiple times then I manage to get any song playing.

Anyone knows what it is and why that’s happening?

Also, it does not happen on the old Hiby R3 on latest firmware 3.6.
On my R3 Pro Saber I have also latest firmware 1.6.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back