Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,381 of 2,068
I recently paired my AirPods Pro to my Hiby R3Pro but the volume is very low. I have tried Bluetooth volume adjust but all I get is a window with the words increase volume and decrease volume but it does nothing. Maybe the problem is that the Hiby R3Pro relies on Bluetooth headphones having its own volume control which the AirPods Pro doesn’t. The Airpods Pro volume is loud on my iPhone and smart watch but not the Hiby R3Pro. Is there a fix for this.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,383 of 2,068
Have you tried locking digital volume to maximum via play settings?

Yeah I’ve tried locking digital volume to maximum but the volume is still low. It’s very strange because my AirPods Pro are loud when paired with my Garmin watch and iPhone 11 Pro.

I paired my Sony WF-1000XM4 and they are loud on my Hiby R3Pro but thats because I had to increase the volume on the earphones themselves. Unfortunately, there is no volume function on the actual AirPods Pro. The Hiby R3Pro must rely on bluetoooh earphones having their own volume control to get maximum volume.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #1,384 of 2,068
I have found that GUI is much slower and sluggish when I use my own theme placed on the memory card.
Is it my misroSD fault or HiBy works slow with custom theme?

I'm running a couple of custom themes and UI is slightly slower - probably just due to the increased load on the processor dealing with more theme images.

Aug 13, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,385 of 2,068
I'm running a couple of custom themes and UI is slightly slower - probably just due to the increased load on the processor dealing with more theme images.
I have just modified the original theme to have less informations on the Playback Screen. But I presume that all that stuff is loaded from the microSD.
Does the memory card speed affects the performance?
All this custom theme stuff loses it's purpose if I lose the performance of my DAP.

Is it possible to load the custom theme as the firmware update to load it to DAPs memory?

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #1,386 of 2,068
I'd doubt it's the card. I'm using a sandisk ultra class 10, UHS-1 and still see a slight lag - maybe about 0.5s switching screens. More likely the bottleneck is the Pro's interface with the card and/or the processor. Whether you could inject a custom theme in to the firmware is beyond my knowledge/experience. The lag doesn't really bother me but of course ymmv.

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #1,388 of 2,068
Not experienced anything like that. Have you tried one of these themes to see if they cause same issues? If they work could be your theme isn't compatible with your firmware version.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,389 of 2,068
The Hiby R3Pro must rely on bluetoooh earphones having their own volume control to get maximum volume.
In the R3Pro's Bluetooth menu there's a setting for "Bluetooth volume adjust". I've found this useful for earphones that don't have their own volume controls. Select that, then tap "Increase..." 16 times (to ensure it's at max) and then adjust listening volume with the R3Pro regular volume, which operates independent of and prior to Bluetooth encoding.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #1,390 of 2,068
Hi, I'm searching a new DAP to replace my Fiio X3II and I would like to know how Hiby R3 Pro/Saber works when current playing track/album ends, will it stop playing or can you configure it in order to continue with next track/album?

I would also like to know if when only want to play from folders, ths SD card has to be scanned before and if folders can oly be arranged by name or if the can also be arranged by date.

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #1,391 of 2,068
Hi, I'm searching a new DAP to replace my Fiio X3II and I would like to know how Hiby R2 Pro/Saber works when current playing track/albums ends, will it stop playing or can you configure it in order to continue with next track/album?

I would also like to know if when only want to play from folders, ths SD card has to be scanned before and if folders can oly be arranged by name or if the can also be arranged by date.

Thanks
Yes it can, you can schoose to play through fodlers or through albums in the library.
You can choose to update the library only manually, so you do not have to scan the library each time you load the music on the mSD card.

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,392 of 2,068
Yes it can, you can schoose to play through fodlers or through albums in the library.
You can choose to update the library only manually, so you do not have to scan the library each time you load the music on the mSD card.
Great, thanks!

And has long names scrolling in menu/folders been implemented yet? I've seen some videos where they were cut, which seems quite odd.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,393 of 2,068
In the R3Pro's Bluetooth menu there's a setting for "Bluetooth volume adjust". I've found this useful for earphones that don't have their own volume controls. Select that, then tap "Increase..." 16 times (to ensure it's at max) and then adjust listening volume with the R3Pro regular volume, which operates independent of and prior to Bluetooth encoding.

I‘ve paired my Airpods Pro and selected Bluetooth volume adjust. I have then tapped on “increase the volume“ 16 times but it doesn’t do anything. Maybe the AirPods Pro isn’t supported :frowning2:

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,394 of 2,068
I‘ve paired my Airpods Pro and selected Bluetooth volume adjust. I have then tapped on “increase the volume“ 16 times but it doesn’t do anything. Maybe the AirPods Pro isn’t supported :frowning2:
Only other thing I can suggest is connect them to your iPhone, turn the volume to max (you may actually have to b er playing something), then disconnect (while at max volume) and then pair with the Hiby.

Also, I'm sure there's a thread -probably many- here on Head-Fi about Airpods Pro. Maybe someone there has found a solution for using them with devices that don't control Bluetooth volume?

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #1,395 of 2,068
Hello, in "now playing" main screen, do song titles scroll if they are long enough to do not fit in the screen? I've seen a video where song title was cut and did not scroll, and another where it seems that the title only scrolls one time and then keeps cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back