Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #676 of 2,068
It's arrived! so far loving it, I sense improvement over original R3 (non pro)

hiby r3 pro saber04.jpghiby r3 pro saber01.jpg

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #677 of 2,068
The r3p is an improvement over the vanilla r3. I wonder if this saber will really sound any different. Glad you guys like yours though.

I almost got mine today- it made it from NJ to OH in 12 hours but couldn't make it 14 miles away in 12 hours, so Monday it is.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #679 of 2,068
Question for Joe Bloggs...would it be possible to post a short tutorial on the use of the playlist radio function included on the R3 Pro? I followed an earlier post and installed the Radio.txt attachment in the root of my sd card but none of the mp3 files show up.
I replied in the other thread, but will repeat it here... file must be named radio.txt (not Radio.txt - it's case-sensitive). Then look in playlists, tap Custome Radio, and you will see a list of stations. Tap one of these to play that station. Photos attached.
IMG_20200613_155259624_3.jpgIMG_20200613_155310481.jpg

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #681 of 2,068
I found the address for WWOZ... the independent, listener-supported station here in New Orleans (and Guardians of the Groove), and successfully added it to the radio.txt list on my HiBy R3 Pro. Here it is, if anyone else might like to add it:

WWOZ, http://wwoz-sc.streamguys.com/wwoz-hi.mp3

Be sure to add 'WWOZ,' before the url, as that's what the R3 will use on the displayed list of stations.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #683 of 2,068
I found the address for WWOZ... the independent, listener-supported station here in New Orleans (and Guardians of the Groove), and successfully added it to the radio.txt list on my HiBy R3 Pro. Here it is, if anyone else might like to add it:

WWOZ, http://wwoz-sc.streamguys.com/wwoz-hi.mp3

Thanks! I'll add it to my big list over on the other thread.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #685 of 2,068
may
Can someone please tell me how to convert a radio stream to the format that can play on r3p? I'd like to do wnir talk radio I'll have the url
I did a search for WWOZ that began with 'http://', and ended with '.mp3'... maybe you can find something for WNIR that fits the bill, or call and ask if there is one. I have no idea how to do it from scratch.

Jun 14, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #686 of 2,068
The r3p is an improvement over the vanilla r3. I wonder if this saber will really sound any different. Glad you guys like yours though.

I almost got mine today- it made it from NJ to OH in 12 hours but couldn't make it 14 miles away in 12 hours, so Monday it is.

Since Hiby's is saying if you want a more analytical sound then choose the saber version. I would have to think they will tune it differently otherwise why bother releasing it? It will be interesting to see how it compares sound wise to the Shanling Q1 since they are using the same DAC/Amp chip single only in the Q1. Shanling has optimized the heck out of the ES9218P even compared to the M0 as they have used it on several of their devices including their home audio gear. Unfortunately without a Canadian distributor there is very little chance I can compare them myself.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #687 of 2,068
Can someone please tell me how to convert a radio stream to the format that can play on r3p? I'd like to do wnir talk radio I'll have the url

It's getting harder and harder to find .mp3 streams - seems the providers want to force you into visiting their website or using their app :unamused:.
Some are still out there, but not publicised. It takes a bit of detective work sometimes. @Richiyaado 's search method is a good one. Also, use your web browser's "inspect" and/or "view source" tools on their web player page. Another place to look is the station/webcater's "help" page. Some actually recognize that there are listeners with hardware players, and they offer direct stream links if you look hard enough. Look for phrases like "other players" or "how to listen".

Jun 14, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #689 of 2,068
I received the Hiby R3 pro with Sabre yesterday, and the wifi isn't working too well. Long lag times (15-30 seconds) between commands in Tidal. My wifi network is robust. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jun 14, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #690 of 2,068

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back