Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #391 of 2,068
For those of you who own the Hiby R3 Pro is it possible to delete apps that are not wanted?
Thanks

The only "apps" are built in. This isn't Android, so you can't select apps to open. Any features are built into the menu structure and are always there. If you don't want to use any of the features, you can just ignore them in the menus.

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #393 of 2,068
I had to wait an additional day for my R3 Pro to arrive. At first I was not happy with the sound, it sounded muddled. So I attempted to utilize some of the EQ settings and MESB settings and that did not help so I turned everything off and now it sounds perfect for my needs. Now for a better set of wired earbuds.

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #394 of 2,068
Anyone looking to protect their R3 Pro (or R3) from water/oil splashes, dirt and such. Here's something I've been doing for some years now, started with AP80.
I put them in small ziplock bags - sized accordingly. The screen plays through on the R3 Pro, and poke a hole for the earphone socket. Still looks new (even AP80) whenever I replace the bags.

Ziplock bag.jpg

Apr 28, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #395 of 2,068
I'm going to purchase this very soon. It should sound similar to my Opus#1s, and the size for portability is perfect. Can someone tell me how many custom EQ settings can be stored on this dap? I'd like to know before I purchase - Thanks

Apr 29, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #396 of 2,068
I'm going to purchase this very soon. It should sound similar to my Opus#1s, and the size for portability is perfect. Can someone tell me how many custom EQ settings can be stored on this dap? I'd like to know before I purchase - Thanks
The conventional EQ has nine presets named after different genres, configurations of which however can be changed at will, so effectively 9 presets though you can't name them.

The MageSound 8-ball (MSEB) has a full preset file load / save system with no real limit on how many presets you can save.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #397 of 2,068
The conventional EQ has nine presets named after different genres, configurations of which however can be changed at will, so effectively 9 presets though you can't name them.

The MageSound 8-ball (MSEB) has a full preset file load / save system with no real limit on how many presets you can save.
Thanks Joe. If I change the EQ presets, will they hold in place when I power the dap off and on?

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #398 of 2,068
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 3, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #399 of 2,068
Hiby R3 Pro has new firmware update1.3
1. Added HiByLink playback setting function (applies in Android version 5713 and above);

2. Added Pinyin (first letter) search function;

3. Optimized detection of MQA track;

4. Optimized playlist cover display logic;

5. Fixed counting issue when the pedometer is disabled;

6. Fixed issue where login fails if Wi-Fi password has special characters.;

7. Fixed issue where users may fail to login in TIDAL and Qobuz;

8. Fixed issue with song scanning/playback causing possible hangups.

May 5, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #400 of 2,068
I do not have any DAP, so have a few questions if you don't mind.
  • Is there any difference in functionality if you use the Android HibyMusic app to control the R3 pro vs the R5 or R6 pro?
  • Does the HibyMusic app (HiByLink?) also allow 'remote control' of Tidal?
  • If I connect a Hiby DAP to an external DAC/AMP combination (like the micro iDSD Black Label, for example) will the audio sent to the the DAC/AMP be any different between the R3 pro vs R5 or R6 pro?
Thanks heaps.
Kerry

May 7, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #401 of 2,068
Where do I find Qobuz in the R3?

May 7, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #403 of 2,068
May 7, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #404 of 2,068
I just picked one of these up. I was impressed with the feature set - a virtual Swiss Army knife of digital audio - and reviews seemed promising. I am not disappointed. Fit and finish is excellent, and, most importantly, it sounds great. I'm enjoying old favorites as if they are new music. Sonic quality has a downside, of course, for example I'm discovering that my Shure E3C IEMs (which I paid $200 for back ten or 15 years ago when they were new) while being super efficient (earbleed volume is possible via the unbalanced output) are surprisingly dull an mediocre sounding. MSEB did wonders with them, tho. OTOH, my $40 Superlux sound excellent with no equalization at all.

Anyway, much has been said, and praise lavished upon the M3 Pro already. I may (or not) write an actual review after I've had more time with it, but at the moment I have a question regarding the Qobuz implementation. I understand it isn't as full-featured as the native Qobuz apps, and I wasn't expecting that. It's a player, and that's good enough for me. I'll do most of my browsing and discovering on phone, tablet, or web. One feature I would like to see (or, if it exists, know how to find) is the ability to select maximum quality.

As it seems to be right now, it will always play the highest quality format available for any given track. Which, in a perfect world, is exactly what I'd want. In the real world, however, there are times when I'd like to be able to limit playback to 16/44 "CD quality", or even 320K MP3. I live in the boonies, with a mobile hotpot as my only internet. Usually it works pretty well, but sometimes it pauses or skips if it can't keep up, especially streaming Hi-Res files. Qobuz's native apps (Android and Web) allow the user to limit maximum quality. If such a feature exists in the HiBy R3 Pro Qobuz implementation, I can't seem to find it. Is this something that's possible to add in a future update, @Joe Bloggs ?

May 10, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #405 of 2,068
Do you have to change the USB-C input to "line out" in the menu in order to connect the DAP to your car system via USB in your car? If you can do this, where is it in the Menu?
What does the DAP output? Music or digital files for my car's system to decode and play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back