Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #856 of 2,068
Here's my portable sound system! My trusty TDK Trek Micros in TWS mode.
Adequate lo-fi SQ in a small room, when placed a metre apart with wall reinforcement.
Uses NIMH batteries, so airport customs don't really care which bags I chuck them in.
For some reason, they only BT connect stably with DAPs but not phones.
Good companion to my R3Pro and, previously, AP80.

portable sound system.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #857 of 2,068
Jun 28, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #858 of 2,068
My Hiby R3 pro Saber arrives in a few days, Ill be using my Fiio FH7 IEM with 2.5mm cable, wondering if anyone has tried the Dunu DK 3001Pro? I keep hearing good things about them, but unsure if it would be an upgrade, downgrade, or side-grade. I also hear the fit is a little better than the larger FH7

Jun 28, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #859 of 2,068
I've been using iSine 20 with a R6 > UAPP > Morphit > Q5 amp combination and have been happy with the resulting EQ'd sound.

I'm switching over to using a Mojo for the DAC/amp and will likely be using a R3 Pro as a transport for the Mojo (taking advantage of the matching size pairing in a 3D printed case).

My question: has any one had experience EQ'ing the iSine 20 using Hiby's MSEB or 10-band standard EQ? The R3 Pro streams Tidal/Qobuz like I want, but I won't have access to a parametric equalizer or Morphit. I'm trying to decide how best to EQ the iSine 20s without the benefit of UAPP and Tonebooster's excellent plugins (Morphit *or* PEQ).

I've owned an R3 Pro previously, but that was before I bought the iSines.

Thanks for any help!
I have the same set up and am getting the isine 10's Tuesday. Wondering if you have had any time to test this?

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #860 of 2,068
My Hiby R3 pro Saber arrives in a few days, Ill be using my Fiio FH7 IEM with 2.5mm cable, wondering if anyone has tried the Dunu DK 3001Pro? I keep hearing good things about them, but unsure if it would be an upgrade, downgrade, or side-grade. I also hear the fit is a little better than the larger FH7

I have heard both and would say that they are different. The fh7 is more analytical and accurate, allowing you to better perceive details. The dk3001Pro instead pursues a more realistic tone, much better body with fantastic balance across the entire frequency range. Personally, I like the dk3001pro a little more because of how natural it sounds, also adding that it is much more comfortable to use than the fh7.

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #861 of 2,068
Here's my portable sound system! My trusty TDK Trek Micros in TWS mode.
Adequate lo-fi SQ in a small room, when placed a metre apart with wall reinforcement.
Uses NIMH batteries, so airport customs don't really care which bags I chuck them in.
For some reason, they only BT connect stably with DAPs but not phones.
Good companion to my R3Pro and, previously, AP80.

portable sound system.jpg

Those speakers kind of look like tape measures to me :wink:

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #869 of 2,068
Has anyone tried using bluetooth UAT on R3Pro?

I don't use BT much on DAPs but R3Pro seem to work fine with most BT codecs; some issues once in a while, but nothing major. Just tried BT-UAT connection between R3Pro & Hidiz AP80. Hangs the R3Pro or slowed down operation to a crawl. Other than sometimes showing UAT connected display, I did not get any audio playback. No playback on AP80 as well but it, at least, it did not hang or slow down.

Could it be BT-UAT needs more firmware work? It's a niche use case, but it felt like alpha status with specific regard to UAT connectivity.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #870 of 2,068
I recently got the regular R3 pro. Updated OTA to the newest firmware 1.3 and did a factory reset. I loaded in my 512GB and it scanned the 8900 songs pretty quickly. All the songs are tagged with album artwork imbedded. None of the artwork files are over 600x600.

I am finding that the R3Pro is very slow to load album art, even slower than a DAP like the Shanling Q1 while scrolling through lists and while clicking on a track to play. Another album art issue I am having is if I am playing a track and the album art loads, and then I hit pause mid song and come back to the player a few hours later, when I open the screen the album art has disappeared, even after I hit the play button. I have to skip to the next track to have album art show up again. Does anyone else have this problem?

Additionally, I am having an issue with the standby. I have standby enabled in the system settings and the player is rated to have 50 days of standby. I had the player on standby for a little over 5 hours, and the battery had gone down 4%, at that rate, it would only last about 5 days on standby which is WAY less than the 50 days it's rated. Do you think I have a defective player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back