Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Sep 30, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #1,636 of 2,068
I never use MQA. MSEB works as expected but the EQ does not. It has worked in the past though so I'm not sure what has happened for it to stop working.
MSEB made everything sound horrible my mest OG sounds good without it but someone suggested i +2 the 2k-4k part so wanted to try it . But EQ wasnt working , ill try to hard
Reset it and update the firm
Lets see

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #1,638 of 2,068
It's a great dap... It uses a custom Linux operating system and it does play mqa files and if you get the 2022 version it will do 16x unfolding

The Linux OS was the main reason i bought this, but the developers and UX designers at Hiby are very sloppy - it's still buggy, behaves prone to restart at the slightest provocation, etc. But still better than android.

Nov 7, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,640 of 2,068
MSEB made everything sound horrible my mest OG sounds good without it but someone suggested i +2 the 2k-4k part so wanted to try it . But EQ wasnt working , ill try to hard
Reset it and update the firm
Lets see
MSEB shouldn't sound like anything to start with unless one of the presets were loaded. What were you settings?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 7, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #1,641 of 2,068
Mine locks up and crashes from time to time.

Nov 7, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,643 of 2,068
R3 Pro Saber here - no problems as such, but UI is a far cry from "average" smartphone experience.

Bought it primarily for holiday use, when I want to keep my (Company) phone locked up in hotel room safe :)

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,645 of 2,068
If money is no object, and you don't mind a larger DAP, I'd recommend the M3 ultra.

Hiby OS is just full of bugs and usability annoyances. At least with an Android DAP, you can install a different player app when the stock one inevitably drives you mad.

(disclaimer: I don't own the M3 ultra, but I do own the M3X, which is a similar kind of thing)

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,646 of 2,068
I have a R3P saber
Would me buying a Xdsd OG be a significant upgrade worth the )175USD ? Or mojo OG at 175 USD

Would a ru6 or paw s2 be a significant upgrade ??

All would be Connected to my iphone ….

I love the R3PS BUT i hate searching for albums on tidal on it! As Everytime i listen to music it’s usually something new which I never heard before stretching from the 50s to 90s all types of genre so its really difficult!
And my EQ isnt working !

I have the mest OG and have a feeling my OG can do much better with something else !

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #1,650 of 2,068
Anyone else getting an 8003 error code when logging into Tidal? I have the R3 Pro Saber. A poster on the HiBy Reddit group contacted HiBy and they say it's an out of date Tidal token and requires a firmware fix. If HiBy ever get around to fixing this I suspect it won't work for me. Like others the latest firmware I can use is v1.5. Versions 1.6 and 1.7 are unusable for me with constant error messages and choppy sound.

The fix for the 8003 error will no doubt be built from v1.7 so I can see my R3PS will only be any use for playing local files in the future.

This is the response the poster on Reddit received.

*Due to security reasons, Tidal plans to disable the old Tidal token and start using the new Tidal token. Therefore, we need to update something accordingly for our device. We will release a new R3 Pro Saber firmware version to fix the issue, which may take a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Thanks and best regards, HiByMusic*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back