Hiby R2, R3, R3 Pro radio.txt File - 226 Verified Stations including SomaFM, 181.fm, and more
Aug 16, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #16 of 43
Have you double checked:
filename radio.txt (all lower case)
fie is in root of the SD card
you are using actual downloaded file? Opening the file and then saving it sometimes won't work depending on your o/s and text editor.

ALSO - once you have placed the file on the SD card - especially if you transferred via WiFi or USB with R3Pro powered up, you must power off and back on before it will recognize the radio.txt file. Also, if you make any changes to the file later, you'll need to power cycle before you see those changes. Apparently the radio.txt file is only actually read at boot-up.

I finally got it to work. I was not downloading it.... When I did it worked. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 43
Have you double checked:
filename radio.txt (all lower case)
fie is in root of the SD card
you are using actual downloaded file? Opening the file and then saving it sometimes won't work depending on your o/s and text editor.

ALSO - once you have placed the file on the SD card - especially if you transferred via WiFi or USB with R3Pro powered up, you must power off and back on before it will recognize the radio.txt file. Also, if you make any changes to the file later, you'll need to power cycle before you see those changes. Apparently the radio.txt file is only actually read at boot-up.
THANK You MrNaturalAZ for cracking the mystery of how to play internet radio on the HyBy players. Your instructions worked also with the HyBy R2, which makes an already good value into a great one!

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #18 of 43
Just popped in here for a quick update. Added one station - Early 1900s Music Preservation's "Radio Dismuke", offering 1920s-30s pop and jazz along with occasional vintage commercials. I've updated the file attached to the OP and at http://masturbatorium.com/hibyradio.txt

Since it's only one station added, if you're comfortable editing your existing file, simply add this line:
Radio Dismuke 1920s-30s pop/jazz, http://74.208.197.50:8020/stream.mp3
BTW, I've found that I can even skip copying files or moving the SD card by just connecting the USB and editing the file in place (I used my Chromebook). Just remember to power cycle or reboot the HiBy so the player re-reads the newly edited file.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 43
Hola colegas
No sé si fue por casualidad, pero logré hacer que la opción de radio por Internet del Hiby R3 Pro Sabre funcionara.
Después de varios días intentándolo sin éxito, ha sido posible luego de renombrar el archivo a "radio" sin .txt porque todas las veces que probé con "radio.txt", el reproductor no reconoció el archivo, espero que ayude a alguien.
Atentamente

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #20 of 43
Hello colleagues
I don't know if by chance, but I managed to make the internet radio option of the Hiby R3 Pro Saber work.
After several days trying without success, it has been possible after renaming the file to "radio" without .txt because all the times I tried with "radio.txt", the player did not recognize the file, I hope it helps someone.
Best regards

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 43
I don't know why you couldn't get it to work as-is, but I'm glad you got it working. Very interesting that it works without the ".txt" extension!

Mar 26, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #22 of 43
I don't know why you couldn't get it to work as-is, but I'm glad you got it working. Very interesting that it works without the ".txt" extension!

Maybe he uses windows, that hides the extensions. So when the actual filename is "radio.txt" he would see only "radio". Thus appends .txt, making the actual filename "radio.txt.txt" that the R3 ignores.

May 29, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 43
I'm not sure if it matters - did you name the file radio.txt? Or Radio.txt? Might make a difference - being Linux-based, filenames are case sensitive. Should be radio.txt - all lower case.

Also, you won't see any "music". Look in lists/playlists, find "custom radio". Tap that and you'll see a list of stations. Tap one of those to play that station.

IMG_20200613_155259624_3.jpgIMG_20200613_155310481.jpg
UI seems different on my RS6 with latest firmware, anyone know where the "Custom radio" lives these days? thanks.

May 30, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #24 of 43
Why go for MP3s if you can go higher...

In the USB Audio Player Pro thread I posted some CD(16/44.1) and High Res(24/96 and 24/192) FLAC quality Internet Radio Stations -> HERE

You could add it to your list.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #25 of 43
UI seems different on my RS6 with latest firmware, anyone know where the "Custom radio" lives these days? thanks.

Over on the UAPP thread [ https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...udio-support-for-android.704065/post-16986253 ], I explained how I converted the radio.txt file into a .m3u Playlist file - and it works in UAPP, Neutron Player, and VLC - but not in the HiBy player on my RS6.
I also took the list of Hi-Res Streaming Radio Stations, and converted that to a .m3u Playlist file - and it works in UAPP, Neutron Player, and VLC - but not in the HiBy player on my RS6.

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 43
Over on the UAPP thread [ https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...udio-support-for-android.704065/post-16986253 ], I explained how I converted the radio.txt file into a .m3u Playlist file - and it works in UAPP, Neutron Player, and VLC - but not in the HiBy player on my RS6.
I also took the list of Hi-Res Streaming Radio Stations, and converted that to a .m3u Playlist file - and it works in UAPP, Neutron Player, and VLC - but not in the HiBy player on my RS6.
Cool thanks. In the meantime I’ve found “Shoutcast radio” menu in UAPP, which has quite a lot to choose from, and there’s also the “Other radio stations” menu that lets you type in a URL.

Between those, the KEXP, 3RRR, and ABC Listen apps, I think I’m sorted for radio.

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #27 of 43
[Edit 4/13/2021 - updated file, adding "Radio Dismuke"]

[Edited 6/15/2020]

[Edit 9/12/2021 to add...] Also works with R2 and original (non-"Pro") R3!

One of the nice features, for me, of the Hiby R3 Pro DAP, in addition to being able to stream Tidal and Qobuz, is the "Custom Radio" feature. It's not too difficult to create a file with a handful of your favorites, assuming you can find the direct stream URLs, and they are compatible with the Hiby. There's an old-ish list floating around that's been shared on this and other forums, but about two thirds of the stations wouldn't play, or threw an error. Some because the stations don't exist anymore, but most because the URL was incompatible. The Hiby only works with URLs ending in .mp3 or .m3u8. Maybe they worked on the original R3 and/or an earlier firmware version? All I know is they don't work with my Pro on the latest firmware. Sooo...

I took that list, deleted all the non-compliant links, then deleted a handful more that didn't work for other reasons, and then added a few bunch more stations plus the full SomaFM lineup, and all the 181.fm channels, and most of the Netherlands' Talpa Network streams (538, JUKE, Radio 10, Sky Radio, and more), for a total of 226 tested and verified (as of this writing) stations. I offer it for anyone who's interested. Download this post's attachment - rename it to radio.txt, and place it in the root of your SD card. Then go to Playlists and tap "Custom Radio". ENJOY!

The latest version can always be found via this link. I welcome comments, corrections, and requests in this thread.
Hi , i'm just wondering if you have an updated file for radio.text of Hiby R2 with radio stations in flac file. Is it possible to put stations in flac file?

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #28 of 43
Hi , i'm just wondering if you have an updated file for radio.text of Hiby R2 with radio stations in flac file. Is it possible to put stations in flac file?

Not sure about the R2, but the R3 only works with mp3 streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back